xisto Community
dino-m

Norton Antivirus Vs Nod 32 Software

I have never heard of the other one, but i do have Norton antivirus. Personally, i have never had a problem with Norton, although i do have a horrible habit of closing the process that runs it, meaning i disable it. :angry: I have heard that Norton doesn't pick much up on its scan, but i am not sure if this really is the case. I have had no problems with my PC so far. :blink:

I use Norton's, to answer the posty above I have heard that too, but I (from personal experience) can say that is not true, most of the time it picks up to much, like when I made a fake prank virus thing, and Norton's thought i was hazardous, I just ran a scan, it found 9 at risk files, that to me is good...

i use NOD32 antivirusnod32 corporation tray to make small Business and make one radar in any countrythanks goodbut norton antivirus has many yeas work and have good think about virus and antivirus systembut norton antivirus is slow because this software is gold Version and Has real Scanner = these software stay behind of process and check files with Size and more options and ...nod32 antivirus has this option too and has online scanner this antivirus can check your file view in browser but i think this option is not good because if this option is enable your browser is slow work :angry:

I haven't seen or used NOD23, but I've used Norton Professional 2003, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone because, like haron said, it's slow. In other words, Norton uses too much system resource, and when Norton is scanning your computer for viruses, you basically can't do anything because it slows down your computer significantly.

As i wrote in another post, I installed NOD32 and was VERY impressed with it. Using a total of 5Mb system resources, it's doing as good a job as McAfee does on my other computer.

I am using Windows XP on P-II, 550 MHz, 128MB RAM computer, which was running smoothly. But, after the installation of Norton Antivirus 2004, its performance has been reduced too much. I have to wait several minutes for windows to start after booting and even after booting it works very slow when any new program is launched.I don?t know why this antivirus is using too much resources, whereas even the freeware versions of other antivirus like Avast, AVG etc. were working fine.Can anybody tell me why Norton Antivirus is using so much resources, what is the technology behind this?

I have both of them and Norton is very good, many utilities for fixing your computer, but if we talk about scan and that well...Norton is very slow when we compare it with nod32 and I have no problems when I scan with nod32, it's fast and find every virus, same as norton wich is much slower :angry:If you need to choose then I say NOD32 and ofkors it is smaller :blink:

Norton is slow, inefficient, among other things, misses out quite alot of stuff, while Nod 32 is quick, uses little resources, misses out nothing, and avoids using pointless thing such as graphics. While Norton has far too much graphics on it, which drains on the resources.[Thats my guess anyway]-Dave

Norton Antivirus 2005 is better he has internet worm peotection, spyware detective, privacy protector (cookies).

And NOD32 i just only Antivirus!!! Posted Image

i did not agree with u ! NOD32 also can detect spyware and worm. Did u know that ?

i installed norton before and found that norton scan very slow and need much memory. Beside, norton is not efficience

Untill i tried NOD32, nod32 was best anvirus i tried before because can found more virus compare to norton.

nod32 just need few memory to run. i always recommend to my friend.

other nice antivirus is kaspersky and bitdefender

help this can help u all

Simple answer. NOD32 is faster, Notron is not. Research about it.

Well, NOD32 is an, Antivirus. It's NOD32. But have you heard of NOD32 Smart Security which includes a (Firewall, Antivirus, Antispyware, Antirootkit)--basically every *anti* you can think off!

I had Norton Internet Security for a trial period of 3 months and it worked great. Then again I had Nod32 for alomost 2 years and it worked great.If I were to go to a more experienced opinion (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) I would say that Norton is the better antivirus, but I prefer the lighter Nod32 simply because it asks so little of my PC in terms of required resources.