xisto Community
Ash-Bash

New Staff

Replace staff  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The point is that the admins here are doing a bunch of work on Computer Host, so they are busy enough. Why do they need to be active here if there's a great moderation team. Just because somebody doesn't post doesn't mean they aren't active either. The theme was changed about a year ago, and I don't mind it. Of course a new theme wouldn't be that bad, but this current one is fine. (If there is going to be a theme change, the post rating system that we had on V2 would be a nice addition ;) )

Staff members don't really have to stay active posting, but other staff members have been still working behind the scenes, even if you do not see them posting.The important thing for staff to do is regulate the rules, and such. There are members, like you and me, to be actively posting, not the moderators because they have much more work than we do.Also i think somebody suggested pruning topics?That would not be a good idea for several reasons; one being that credits may be lost by users who posted, and the other being that all these topics are often looked at. I have noticed over my years that I get tons and tons of problems and I google them, and most of the time Xisto has a topic that provides the answer.I think we should just leave the administrators to do what they want, because not only do they have to control this forum, they have to deal with Xisto, which has many other branches.Moderators don't have to be actively posting, although that would be nice, but they should be providing good answers, support, and enforcing rules.

It's good to see that some of the forum is starting to get updated. Seems to be alot to do. I suggest pruning topics that are 1 year or older, and also the members. Also update the free hosting methods and deleting the old methods just so people don't get confused. Oh and we need a selection of forum themes ;) That will keep things interesting. ARGH hope these changes are made.

Pruning topics is difficult with the credit system. I believe that, if posts were removed like that, then the script would deduct the relevant myCENTs for those topics too, which doesn't seem fair. This could be avoided (as it was in the old system) by calculating the myCENTs once (when the post is first made) but this has the limitation that you then can't edit your posts (a major problem with the old systems, and a big advantage to the current one). If old topics get revived then we do tend to lock them (although this doesn't send them back down the pages to where they belong).

Removing the old sections related to hosting applications would help, but again there are difficulties with the myCENTs system. However, it might be possible to hide those sections from view, although I don't know how that might affect myCENTs.

We used to have a selection of forum themes, but found that most people kept with the default. I think it was also difficult for OpaQue to make the necessary adjustments to all of the themes for them to work correctly. I agree that finding one theme everyone likes is difficult, but I think the theme we have right now works OK - no-one seems to really hate it, just not that bothered by it. It also keeps the familiarity with the default IPB theme while adding a little bit of individuality.

Actually yes, This is what I would like to see around here:
New website
New forum theme
A admin that can keep active most days (no offense)
Free hosting methords need upgrading.
Maybe upgrade to IPB 3.0.2 when most of the holes have been patched.

There is currently a topic open asking for redesigns of the Xisto website. Take a look, design one yourself, offer suggestions to people and see if we can come up with a good website.

OpaQue and BuffaloHELP are active most days, but doing other things that keep Xisto running, and therefore Xisto running. The admins don't really have a lot more power over the day to day forum stuff than moderators do, so an active team of moderators works just as well.

There is currently a topic open asking for redesigns of the Xisto website. Take a look, design one yourself, offer suggestions to people and see if we can come up with a good website.
OpaQue and BuffaloHELP are active most days, but doing other things that keep Xisto running, and therefore Xisto running. The admins don't really have a lot more power over the day to day forum stuff than moderators do, so an active team of moderators works just as well.

Well actually I have seen that and thinking of entering it.
But yes I now think the admins keep cool here now.

As soon as I joined Xisto, I used to wonder how many mods were present in the forum and I was also interested to join the moderating team, because that's a job I like and have done many times before. But Xisto is such a complex community that it takes a lot of patience to keep everything in order and I really appreciate the fact that the current team of mods have a lot of patience and I seriously doubt if I have it myself.

As for the question whether or not we need the team to be revised, I think it's up to the admins to think about it.

@Ash-Bash: Or better still, why don't you start a poll regarding this? The community will have a say about this as well and then the admins/mods can think about the matter in depth.

Hi!Although I agree that having a lot of inactive moderators is a bad sign, I still think we ought to send them a wake-up reminder because they helped make Xisto the kind of place that it is right now. If they decide to make their return, that's much appreciated by everybody here, but if they decide to part ways then we wish them success and would like to have somebody else take their place. In either case, we shouldn't just take away their moderation status without emailing them or trying to contact them in some other way because some of them may just have had stuff happening in their lives.

Do you guys really see much spam, much advertisement, or breaking of rules?

I can tell you that I don't

That must mean a staff member is doing their job by enforcing all those rules, and deleting, or dealing with coincidence such as spam advertisement, spam, et cetera.

I think that we should just leave it at that and let the head of the forums, the administrators, choose whether or not the staff members are doing their job (Which i believe they are doing it very well).

Edited by Tramposch (see edit history)

Do you guys really see much spam, much advertisement, or breaking of rules?
I can tell you that I don't
That must mean a staff member is doing their job by enforcing all those rules, and deleting, or dealing with coincidence such as spam advertisement, spam, et cetera.

I think that we should just leave it at that and let the head of the forums, the administrators, choose whether or not the staff members are doing their job (Which i believe they are doing it very well).

Yeah, well, rvallkass is doing his job, I must say. ;)
And he's a really nice moderator too...

But I don't think any other mods apart from the ones listed in the first post is active. So new moderators will be very welcomed!!!
Someone that's good at coding and helping people set up their first websites ever, I hope. :P
And someone that's patient and willing to go an extra mile to help newbies like me to understand what different things like CMS are.
Someone like rvalkass. :P

Hi guys just to let you know I have now added a Poll to the first topic please make sure you vote! You can reply as well if you would like ;).

Hi guys just to let you know I have now added a Poll to the first topic please make sure you vote! You can reply as well if you would like ;).

Nice job... I voted yes.
It's good you didn't specify WHO should be staff though, I wouldn't have voted otherwise as I wouldn't know who to vote for. :P
(As I'm new and only know a few people here)

Thanks I have voted.

It's good you didn't specify WHO should be staff though, I wouldn't have voted otherwise as I wouldn't know who to vote for. :P(As I'm new and only know a few people here)

Even if Ash-Bash added what moderators I would not of voted as something bad could happen :P.

No to chose the moderators I think I will select the most active members, good attitude, obey the rules ect.. Then will put it into a vote then the members vote for which member they thick should be a moderator and could reply with why the voted for them.

No to chose the moderators I think I will select the most active members, good attitude, obey the rules ect.. Then will put it into a vote then the members vote for which member they thick should be a moderator and could reply with why the voted for them.

You, or you mean other moderators?
Also, I think it will be best if people stepped up and said that they will want to volunteer and be a moderator. I mean, if you don't want to be made a moderator but you have been picked and made one... well, wouldn't that put you off???

I would of course like to be a moderator however If I do enter myself into the Poll it will look greedy. I would only do that if you guys where Ok with it.

I would of course like to be a moderator however If I do enter myself into the Poll it will look greedy. I would only do that if you guys where Ok with it.

Somehow no offence of course but im not sure you woul get moderator with your warn log. ;)
Well its always worth a try.

*Whispers to -Sky-*