xisto Community
Ash-Bash

New Staff

Replace staff  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi guys,

I have recently been looking at the staff team and most of the staff seem to be inactive Mostly moderators.

The only staff that I think are active are the following:

Truefusion

Saint Michael

Rvalkass

jlhaslip

Apart from them I think the others should be sacked from their duty and old members should be given the chance to be staff.

Please provide your feedback on my opinion.

- Ash. Thanks to DarkArcher For pointing this matter out.

Edited by Ash-Bash (see edit history)

I think what they are looking for is a person who has been posting here for a long time and is a very old member because they then now how trusted the user is.

Also I guess they are also waiting for a more elder member because they are more wise and are usually better at making choices then younger people.

They will probably also look at the persons warn histories, et cetera.

I think when they come across an applicable person they will probably relieve a previous inactive moderators position and replace you with he or she.

Edited by Tramposch (see edit history)

Yes, I also agree thank you Ash-Bash for posting the topic.What do others think?

Well since you've not been around on Xisto for long, you would hardly know all the Moderators here.

I think what they are looking for is a person who has been posting here for a long time and is a very old member because they then now how trusted the user is.
Also I guess they are also waiting for a more elder member because they are more wise and are usually better at making choices then younger people.

I think when they come across an applicable person they will probably relieve a previous inactive moderators position and replace you with he or she.

I agree.

Xisto doesn't want any inexperience members as Moderators and saying that, they'd want members who have NEVER been warned most probably. However, I'm not saying I or others have or have not been warned, I admit I have a few times. Once by Velma, which was quite totally unnecessary. I in no way deserved a warning for replying to a members support thread asking them if they have submitted a support ticket to Xisto, then after posting and got a warning did I then realise they saying they already submitted one. So I got a warning for an unnecessary misunderstanding by a Moderator here, which is no longer staff.

But yes, I very much so agree that we need new Staff. However, I like the newest Moderator we have here. SM is doing a very well good job. That is my comment for SM, and I hope he remains as a Mod for aslong as he can! ;)
Edited by -Sky- (see edit history)

My real world duties have pretty much kept me busy and with school starting soon and my sisters wedding coming up I am pretty much busy for the rest of the year. Either way, most people know where to find me if they have questions or problems.

He probably stays invisible to hide his spamming.

Or he is on vacation, it is kind of summer.

;)

I just think that we should leave the choice up to the owner of the website, because when it comes to staff, i generally think they don't like suggestions on how to do that stuff, I wouldn't at least.

My real world duties have pretty much kept me busy and with school starting soon and my sisters wedding coming up I am pretty much busy for the rest of the year. Either way, most people know where to find me if they have questions or problems.

Spamming CAN get quite hard.

;)

You can always find time for spamming, spamming is more important than school..

I may not of been here longer then any of you lot and I may have more/less warnings then you or even none.
But I do totally agree with you guys that Xisto needs a new staff team.
The moderators listed above are active but I haven't even heard of the others.
I have PMed OpaQue and still awaiting a response! ;)
BuffaloHelp also seems to be inactive

Yes I completely agree with you. here in forums, most simply come to gain/retain their hosting accounts rather than share their points related to topics. And so their frequency of posting in forums will be very less. So our moderators/admins of Xisto constantly keep track of all people and only respond to those who are showing active participation frequently. I dont think it has got to do anything with elder or wise etc etc...

Both OpaQue and BuffaloHELP are active around the forums, although they also have work to do making sure Xisto, and the rest of the Xisto network, runs smoothly.Of all the moderators, we are all around as often as we can be and are just as active as each other. Of course personal circumstances get in the way occasionally (I disappeared for a week or so when I moved home, as I lost my Internet connection for example) but the large moderating team we have ensures that there's always enough staff around to cover everything.

Sorta like you, eh.

It's good to see that some of the forum is starting to get updated. Seems to be alot to do. I suggest pruning topics that are 1 year or older, and also the members. Also update the free hosting methods and deleting the old methods just so people don't get confused. Oh and we need a selection of forum themes ;) That will keep things interesting. ARGH hope these changes are made.

QUOTE (Tramposch @ Aug 20 2009, 09:27 AM) *I think what they are looking for is a person who has been posting here for a long time and is a very old member because they then now how trusted the user is.

Sorta like you, eh.

It's good to see that some of the forum is starting to get updated. Seems to be alot to do. I suggest pruning topics that are 1 year or older, and also the members. Also update the free hosting methods and deleting the old methods just so people don't get confused. Oh and we need a selection of forum themes biggrin.gif That will keep things interesting. ARGH hope these changes are made.

Actually yes, This is what I would like to see around here:

New website
New forum theme
A admin that can keep active most days (no offense)
Free hosting methords need upgrading.
Maybe upgrade to IPB 3.0.2 when most of the holes have been patched.

Actually yes, This is what I would like to see around here:
New website
New forum theme
A admin that can keep active most days (no offense)
Free hosting methords need upgrading.
Maybe upgrade to IPB 3.0.2 when most of the holes have been patched.

Finally someone who agrees with me. We need changes made. The site in my view is highly outdated, it's still good ~ no doubt ~ although there needs to be changes. Please Mods/Admins consider this... :?

Well it does seem that we all do agree that we need new moderators as most of them seem to be inactive. Unless the admins give them a nudge to wake up and be active on the forums as we could do with active staff on this sort of forum ;).