xisto Community
Ash-Bash

New Staff

Replace staff  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would of course like to be a moderator however If I do enter myself into the Poll it will look greedy. I would only do that if you guys where Ok with it.

I'm OK with it, I suppose...
I'm actually, to tell you the truth, OK with everyone apart from myself, as I have absolutely no incentive and no desire in being a mod.
I'll probably trip everyone up in my noobiness and my lack of knowledge in web building.

Though it is kinda obvious in you being a mod is the main reason why you started this thread in the first place.
Not that I have anything against it, so don't worry. ;)

Somehow no offence of course but im not sure you woul get moderator with your warn log. :PWell its always worth a try.

*Whispers to -Sky-*

Phoenix

You can see Ash-bashes warn log? Really? Why can't I see that? This is so weird...
Yeah, I actually think -Sky- should also be in the vote for being a mod too, but not if he doesn't want to be one.
He's pretty active and quite helpful as well. :P

You can see Ash-bashes warn log? Really? Why can't I see that? This is so weird...Yeah, I actually think -Sky- should also be in the vote for being a mod too, but not if he doesn't want to be one.
He's pretty active and quite helpful as well. smile.gif

Well -Sky- would like to be :P
Ive seen his warn log both of them before yes. ;)

Phoenix.

I am just voting null for the sake of leaving it to the owners of the website.

I think if they keep adding new moderators it could possibly be a hazard, and then there would be a lot of new people learning the ropes, which also means more work.

I'll just leave it up to the admins.

Well -Sky- would like to be :P

Ive seen his warn log both of them before yes. ;)

Phoenix.

Ooh... nice. :P

You must've been a mod before then... I thought only mods can see your warn log.

I am just voting null for the sake of leaving it to the owners of the website.

I think if they keep adding new moderators it could possibly be a hazard, and then there would be a lot of new people learning the ropes, which also means more work.

I'll just leave it up to the admins.

Yeah, that might be a good idea too. Let's wait for rvalkass and truefusion and the others to come and have a look at this before we make anymore decisions.

Yeah, that might be a good idea too. Let's wait for rvalkass and truefusion and the others to come and have a look at this before we make anymore decisions.

It is not like we can really make many decisions we are just members ;). I would like to see what input they have though.

Till now we've had five votes on "Yes" and two on null. This is really an interesting trend. And it's starting to look something of a rebellion :P Well anyway we just have to wait for the officials to talk about this, and as of now, this isn't a very heavy poll. I mean, just 5 members can't speak for the entire community, can they? If Ash-Bash and the other people who feel they really need a change here, then they need to find a way to get more people to vote Yes over here :P

As for me, I voted Yes. That doesn't mean I don't like the present team. They're really efficient and I wouldn't want any one of them to leave. I voted Yes because I feel that along with the old team we could do with some new mods too. If we managed to select some new mods from different time zones then it would be good because then someone would always be active no matter what time it might be, and that's the sign of a good community :P

Like some members over here I too am interested in applying if there is an opening, but I will respect the admins' decision over this matter. Till then, happy polling ;)

Yeah, well, rvallkass is doing his job, I must say. :P

And he's a really nice moderator too...

But I don't think any other mods apart from the ones listed in the first post is active. So new moderators will be very welcomed!!!

Someone that's good at coding and helping people set up their first websites ever, I hope. :P

And someone that's patient and willing to go an extra mile to help newbies like me to understand what different things like CMS are.

Someone like rvalkass. :D

;) Woo! This is why I like being a mod - being able to help people out :D

No to chose the moderators I think I will select the most active members, good attitude, obey the rules ect.. Then will put it into a vote then the members vote for which member they thick should be a moderator and could reply with why the voted for them.

Moderators are offered the position and appointed by the administrators, OpaQue and BuffaloHELP. It is important that the moderators can be trusted absolutely by the administrators to do their jobs effectively, correctly and fairly. Obviously I can't speak for the administrators, but I think it is unlikely that this process will be changed any time soon.

Till now we've had five votes on "Yes" and two on null. This is really an interesting trend. And it's starting to look something of a rebellion :P Well anyway we just have to wait for the officials to talk about this, and as of now, this isn't a very heavy poll. I mean, just 5 members can't speak for the entire community, can they? If Ash-Bash and the other people who feel they really need a change here, then they need to find a way to get more people to vote Yes over here :D

With those statistics, 0.012% of the forum have voiced an opinion - hardly a comprehensive survey :D I certainly wouldn't extrapolate those results to the entire member base.

As for me, I voted Yes. That doesn't mean I don't like the present team. They're really efficient and I wouldn't want any one of them to leave. I voted Yes because I feel that along with the old team we could do with some new mods too. If we managed to select some new mods from different time zones then it would be good because then someone would always be active no matter what time it might be, and that's the sign of a good community :D

Adding more moderators and expanding the size of the team only really makes sense if the current team aren't able to handle the workload. At the moment, I think that we are handling it very well - reports are responded to quickly, and spam is very often picked up before a report is even made, and we all give our help and assistance as readily as we can. Having moderators from all time zones would be nice, but I don't think it is really necessary. Like I said, spam and problems are generally dealt with very quickly and adding more moderators doesn't drastically improve on that.

Like some members over here I too am interested in applying if there is an opening, but I will respect the admins' decision over this matter. Till then, happy polling :P

At current, members are approached by administrators, not the other way around. Whenever OpaQue and BuffaloHELP decide new or different moderators are necessary then they will approach the members they have picked at the time.

The mods (or should I say, THE mod) has spoken!!!
Now it's my turn to post and reply on this matter:

;) Woo! This is why I like being a mod - being able to help people out :D

Yeah, you're doing a wonderful job with that. I think you're just one of the few active mods actually helping people out. :P

Moderators are offered the position and appointed by the administrators, OpaQue and BuffaloHELP. It is important that the moderators can be trusted absolutely by the administrators to do their jobs effectively, correctly and fairly. Obviously I can't speak for the administrators, but I think it is unlikely that this process will be changed any time soon.

Yeah, I suppose you're right... but has the admins been active lately? Well, I've just checked their profiles of both Opaque and BuffaloHelp, and it seems like Opaque is active, but BuffaloHelp hasn't been on since 2nd August 2009 - 12:23 PM.

Is that good or bad? I don't really know, as it's not THAT long, that's just like two weeks or so, but as an admin, shouldn't they be on like, once a week at least? Just my opinion. When I was admin in this other forum, I went on everyday...

With those statistics, 0.012% of the forum have voiced an opinion - hardly a comprehensive survey :P I certainly wouldn't extrapolate those results to the entire member base.

Yeah, well, while we have an immense number of members, only a handful of them are active, and I must say that most active members have already voted...

Adding more moderators and expanding the size of the team only really makes sense if the current team aren't able to handle the workload. At the moment, I think that we are handling it very well - reports are responded to quickly, and spam is very often picked up before a report is even made, and we all give our help and assistance as readily as we can. Having moderators from all time zones would be nice, but I don't think it is really necessary. Like I said, spam and problems are generally dealt with very quickly and adding more moderators doesn't drastically improve on that.

I think that's a very good point too. I mean, we don't spam that much, and basically no one spams, and do we really need moderators? New moderators will be nice for a change, but we don't really need them at all, do we?

It's a want, not a need.

At current, members are approached by administrators, not the other way around. Whenever OpaQue and BuffaloHELP decide new or different moderators are necessary then they will approach the members they have picked at the time.

Hmm... so we'll just have to wait 'till THEY give their two cents worth (or twenty cents worth, I should say). :P

You must've been a mod before then... I thought only mods can see your warn log.

No he saw them Via Team Viewer.
I am starting to be alot more active here and posting now, About the warn logs I am sure every member has been warned or a PM from a Mod about something they have done.

That's how most people learn from mistakes.

No he saw them Via Team Viewer.
I am starting to be alot more active here and posting now, About the warn logs I am sure every member has been warned or a PM from a Mod about something they have done.

That's how most people learn from mistakes.

Ah... wow, I never knew there was a Team Viewer option... you have to be in a team to have this, right?
And yeah, I agree with the mistakes bit.

You have to fall down first, or you will not be able to learn how to stand up on your two feet again.

Ah... wow, I never knew there was a Team Viewer option... you have to be in a team to have this, right?And yeah, I agree with the mistakes bit.

You have to fall down first, or you will not be able to learn how to stand up on your two feet again.

Yes. I was ment to edit my post about that one.
Everyone has to learn from mistakes yes.
Same with me I have a warn log and i have learned from it.

Phoneix.

Yes. I was ment to edit my post about that one.Everyone has to learn from mistakes yes.
Same with me I have a warn log and i have learned from it.

Phoneix.

You have a warn log? You've only have 15 posts... and you've got -110. something myCENTS!!!
What happened with your account???

You have a warn log? You've only have 15 posts... and you've got -110. something myCENTS!!!What happened with your account???

He has 3 accounts, Dark Archer, Phoneix & Phoneix.Illusion.

Anyway Please get back on Topic, I think I will close the poll on the 31st to give everyone a chance to vote then I will make another topic for members to opt others in (Only if you have there permission) Or opt yourself.

-Ash.

He has 3 accounts, Dark Archer, Phoneix & Phoneix.Illusion.

I only have 2 which are Phoneix (This one) and Phoenix.Illusion (Other one which has NEGATIVE myCENT).
But yes yets get back on topic.

31st to give everyone a chance to vote then I will make another topic for members to opt others in (Only if you have there permission) Or opt yourself.

What do you mean?

Phoneix.

I only have 2 which are Phoneix (This one) and Phoenix.Illusion (Other one which has NEGATIVE myCENT).But yes yets get back on topic.

What do you mean?

Phoneix.

Yeah, good idea...
(I've always wondered why there's a Phoneix and a Phoenix.Illusion, both with very similar names myself... ;))

And I don't understand you either, Ash-Bash...
But as I said, I think that new moderators will be very welcomed, but we really don't need it, because even if only a few moderators are active, it's still enough to keep the site in order and running properly, with no one spamming or anything like that. So we don't actually need new mods.

But that's not my choice to make. We still have to wait for the admins to put in their final word...
And just like someone that had posted on this topic before, it does sound a bit like a rebellion thing to me... :P