xisto Community
rudeturk

Microsoft Windows Bill Gates Edition?

He has a position (I can't remember exactly how it's called), but it should be something close to chief executive officer.

His positions are Chairman and Chief Software Architect.

I too, doubt that there is actually something called Bill Gates Edition. But there is a part of me that believes that Bill Gates uses something different from Windows XP.

Linux - I highly doubt it. Search for "Bill Gates Linux" on Google. It mostly has articles on Microsoft's competition with Linux. Nothing on Bill Gates actually using it. If there was even SOME speculation of him using Linux, then that search would be filled with them.

Remember Bill Gates using Mozilla Firefox? Remember the MSIE team sending Firefox a birthday cake? Remember the speculation that Mozilla tested the cake for poison? There were articles on all of them, but there ain't any on him using Linux. Hence I believe that it is nothing more than, uh, a thought.

And sachavdk, his position as Chief Software Architect would mean he DOES develop software.

That secretive rich *****!

And sachavdk, his position as Chief Software Architect would mean he DOES develop software.

Oh well, it could be he writes to them, but not full suites than :P .

I find that hard to believe, but hey if it did occur props to that person for having the ability to crack into Windows and hack that program from the windows company(microsoft) and Mr.Bill Gates. If only I could get my hands on a program like that, but I dont know anybody who has it so....

Cool! Microsoft Bill Gates edition. Well first impressions show that it is quite fake. I don't really think there is much more to comment on this. Just that some coders have probably got Windows XP and altered the startup or something else, and by giving you that CD it is actual a violation of copyright as you don't have a license to run it.-Tom.

I hate windows i like Linux more it is more sophisticated and you can do a lot more. If you are a person who is a famliy man and your pc is a family one i recomend not using it. There could be something like this i mean he can have an OS customised to suit his need as he is a millionaire and he does own windows. But this can still be a rumor and if he did have a nice OS he would make money off it by selling it instead of keeping it secret. I think this is a lie.

After some research, I'm pretty sure there's no such hacked version of windows. If one should exist in the possession of MS itself, it will not have been made public, and you can bet it won't leak out, as for the source code of windows. Next to that, there is no such 'program' to hack windows, nor has anyone yet succeeded hacking it using primitive coding. I don't know if it's the correct word, but I mean through means of using assembler or variants who allow you to give direct processor instructions and write something directly to the memory. Also windows is probably secured to not allow reading or writing from/to the memory in use by the windows shell and other delicate parts.

Most you can do is hacking the windows resources (like changing the looks of windows, altering the text on the startbutton etc.) but that won't immediately lead to new versions of the OS.

Offtopic:

@zak92 I must admit that I'm also getting more interested in Linux rather than windows. It is more stable and flexible. I also like MacOSX, but since it is based on Darwin, in his case based on UNIX, comes to more or less a compairable core. In GUI's, I like Apple's Mac GUI the most. It is the one with the most logic interface (it's what I think :P ).

PS: it seems that you have a windows xp signature, kinda cynical :P

Edited by sachavdk (see edit history)

Lol, I never knew about bill gates trying firefox or the explorer team sending them cake. It sounds like they were kind of paying their tributes to the king. Lol, checking it for poison.... Lol. I really doubt they ate it.

Here is what I've heared so far, and found it to be true," Microsoft Windows Vista Bill Gates Edition", is the Actual Windows Vista but with an Autograph of Bill Gates in It. It is a limited Special edition used for promotion in the various promotional contests by Microsoft.

I hadn't heard anything about it. But it is a very intresting marketing idea. I wonder if the Bill Gates edition would have anything special other than Bill Gates autograph. It would still be really cool to stay you had the Bill Gates edition of Windows Vista.

I hear this before and I think its just a rumor a.k.a a very bad lie. First of all:1. If they had acces to his computer, how did they get the installer? Example if you have a image file (.iso), and you install it then you get all different file's compared to the one in the iso file.2. If they would have it, why didnt they release it in the crackers scene?3. Where is the screenshot people asked for it.

cant be real. google has only 4 results of "microsoft bill gates edition" and 2 of them are here.get me a screenshot. if he does hav it i would def get it from him and try it outhe prob just put up a bill gates bootloader screen and some wallpaper or mabe bill gates on the start menu. not hard to doi highly doubt he has anything of the sort and even if he does it prob isnt installable on another computer.i think your friend just might be on drugs or something

i heard that some peaple have microsoft windows bill gates edition and it is used by bill gates(creator of microsoft),they said they cracked it from bill gates computer is this true? :D because my freind was going to give it to me and i thought it might have viruses or somethin init. it might just be a program that some hackers made so microsoft is available to users or it might just be bill gates edition microsoft. what is your opinion? :P

sounds fake