xisto Community
rudeturk

Microsoft Windows Bill Gates Edition?

Why do people expect Bill Gates to have a different version then anyone else on his computer? I don't think that many realize that Gates has gone from a major programmer to the CEO of microsoft. Remember, Microsoft is one of the richest companies in the world. Gates simply wouldn't have time to program his own version of windows which he would only have. His staff would have to do it for him...thats what they're there for.

I just want to add this post to tell you guys something. Its the fact the Microsoft BGE is real. Its no surprise. Its just sp2. So does that make you all feel better? Good. Anyways if theres anything they get off his comp its Windows LongHorn lol btw that reminds me to say why did they call it long horn? Thats their worst name yet. Well i mean ive seen worse well maybe not but anyways longhorn? Its just stupid i tell ya stupid! A long horn is something those mountain people blow to make a big avalanche. Ive actually blown one before. Quite fun. I caused a big avalanche it was great!!!! So longhorn must be trying to make a big crash in the computer community. Simple as that. Just stay away from longhorn until its officialy released because otherwise it will be too buggy. Yes i know i talk like foamy from Neuroticly Yours but whatever. LOL.

just visit The Neuroticly Yours vault

GuySpook signing off

Long horn was basiclly ment to blow Mac outta the water. It used the XP look but unfortunaley there was a leak... so they had to redesign it. Its supposed to be black now... so... i think some people wont like that but... yea.

GuySpook, the name Longhorn is the code name for the version not the name it will be released under, just like when Windows XP was in beta it was called Windows Whistler but was released as Windows XP.

Hi there, I would say that Bill Gates having his own version of Windows is not unlikely. Saying that let me qualify what I mean. I DO NOT mean that his Windows is built from a separate set of source code than the regular Windows builds. I DO NOT mean that he gets a special build of windows with a special set of compiler flags (which can be easy enough). What I do mean is someone configures a Windows installation just for him that turns off all the crap that nobody needs. You know all the junk that runs by default because Microsoft thinks that you may need it. That is simple enough to do, and then burn an installation CD with the Words "Microsoft Windows XP, Bill Gates Edition" Just my 2 cents----------------Kristofer Hoch"There should be no Windows on Nuclear Powered Submarines (or computers)"

Well ill have everyone know that i emailed Micorsoft and asked them what version of Windows did Bill Gates run on his home computer.I'm not going to hear from them, but what the heck right?

Long horn was basiclly ment to blow Mac outta the water. It used the XP look but unfortunaley there was a leak... so they had to redesign it. Its supposed to be black now... so... i think some people wont like that but... yea.

50745[/snapback]

Really?...... I don't like black... I like it but I prefer not to use it... it's kind weird... I would never let my windows with a black design...... maybe I would :P...... if it has some silver in it... I just think this color combination would be very very very good.. I would love using it... and people who doesn't enjoy, just change its color... it's very simple, I guess ;)

my acount is now eskick and anyway there is bill gates edition but microsoft will track it down is u just go and put it up on google or anything its very dangerous so i didnt get it, however it might be fake!! or some hackers might have made it.

haha windows bill gates edition...thats a funny thought, but its possibly true i mean alot of ppl have customized windows i mean every computer is different from one and other in some way, but i think bill gates might not even use windows, he might have an operating system a lot faster and better than the ones we use now... who knows...

This is interesting? For all open source operating systems, you can hack your codes. Say in linux, you often have to build your core for security and performance reasons. It is therefore not impossible to get a personal version of the operating system. Windows, of course, is another story. Its shell is bound with its GUI, its registry is somewhat of a mystery, and there are a lot of Easter Eggs in it waiting to be discovered? You never know what is inside. If there really is a Bill Gates version, I think it should not have 1) the stupid MSN messenger, 2) the crappy Windows Media Player and 3) the vulnerable Internet Explorer and 4) the malfunctioning Outlook Express.

do u know that icrosoft relaesing longhorn in feb 2006 i think we waitied so long for this now right?ie7 islaunchinng in june 2005...well lets see if it beats fireox.

IE7 isn't beating FireFox unless they add tabs, extensions, and a lot more security. But anyway, there are programs that you can get to change text in certain places, so maybe someone just changed "Windows XP" to "Bill Gates Edition" and changed a few settings. And I sincerely doubt that Gates uses Windows, anyway, unless it's 3.1. 3.1 rocked hard. Anyway, if Gates is such a 1337 programmer, he probably uses UNIX or his own distribution of Linux.

I read somewhere on some interview with Bill Gates he said so himself he used Linux. So i mean thats pretty funny because he was saying how Linux is so stable and *BLEEP* but he owns Microsoft. But I dont know if that interview was true or not but it did have him saying he used Linux on one of his computers. He probably has a whole bunch of them with different operating systems. It might also be likely he has his own Bill Gates Edition for his custom uses. I mean its not for public so it might not have the *BLEEP* you gusy want. It could just be programmed and made for a specific purpose. So...

It sounds interesting. Is it real? I wonder what would be in it. Maybe the default wallpaper would be a picture of his computer? lol Too bad I can't buy that. It would be okay. Btw since Microsoft set up that thing to scan computers when you update patches and they freeze computers that aren't legible I would recommend not using it if your friend does have it.