xisto Community
OpaQue

Credit System V3.0 Online [resolved] Free Web Hosting, Domains, Dedicated IP, Digital Certificate, Managed

As of this post, -Sky-'s myCENT is $54.66. Once you reach $100, your Account Credit Balance will add another $1 to it.

Just wait and have faith in OpaQue's programming :P

Thanks Buffalo. :) @ the bold part: Will do. :P

Keep an eye on your MyCent value under your forum avatar, when that reaches 100 or more you will be flagged for an update. As i understand it these updates happen every 4-5 hours, so if like me and SM (at the time of writing this) we have over 100 credits but our billing page hasnt changed yet because the the update hasnt happened yet, so if you had 99 cents at the time of update you'd have to wait another 4 or 5 hours at least for it to update.

As of the time of writing this you (sky) have 54.66 cents so its not too far from getting 100 and then getting the billing updated.

Make sure that your emails match too, even if you registered with the same email make sure you didnt change your email on one of the sites like i did! Because if they dont match the script cant get the data from the forums.

EDIT: Seems i was beaten to it!

Yes, I see it changed now. How on earth did I get 54.66, from 9? I'm going to go check my balance now. ;)

Thanks,

-Sky

Ive no idea how its calculated! Presumably its calculated on a timed basis so every X hours it updates (perhaps 4-5, the same as the billing update) Nice to logon and see you suddenly have 60 more cents though!

Now that I've read the posts, I think this new plan will be good. But will we be able to use the money to buy extensions of plans, such as I have 100 days left on my hosting package. Can I just buy another (lets say one year) when I still have my 10 days left to make it so that I have 375 days left on my hosting plan. I'm also liking this better because I will be able to get a domain a lot faster!!Now that I'm looking at the plans. I think that the fact that email and SQL databases cost more, I'm not going to like the new system that much. It's good if you have a lot of money saved up (so now you can get unlimited for years, and a couple hundred domains), but I have about $4 now, so I'm going to have to post like crazy...

Edited by willielwgg (see edit history)

willielwgg, I have not received a word from OpaQue if existing hosting members should renew or purchase another hosting for the next year. So wait on that one.And for the rest of you, myCENT is updated from the forum backend about 4-5 hours. This is to keep the server load low. Once myCENT reaches $100 or 4-5 hours (whichever comes first) it will make a deposit to Account Credit Balance. If myCENT is greater than $100 but under 4-5 hours (let's call it the depositing time) it will wait and show READY.When myCENT is deposited to Account Credit Balance, it will take another 1 hour or so before Billing shows the updated amount. Again, this is to keep the server load at low. You will also receive an email stating that $1 was credited to your account from Xisto. This is another reason why your email of your forum and billing MUST MATCH.

Now that I've read the posts, I think this new plan will be good. But will we be able to use the money to buy extensions of plans, such as I have 100 days left on my hosting package. Can I just buy another (lets say one year) when I still have my 10 days left to make it so that I have 375 days left on my hosting plan. I'm also liking this better because I will be able to get a domain a lot faster!!

Yes you add on to any current package that you may have I will provide mini tutorial on how this is all done when you want to pick your hosting package and this will be done using the logic plan.

Ok so you will pick your logic plan like so then you will have the option of getting a new domain, or putting your own domain and to follow things along we will pick a new domain and see if it is available. Now if your domain is available the text will be in green saying so and if the domain isn't available the test will be in red saying it is not available.

Posted Image

Now in this screen this is where your going to customize your hosting package and instead of explaining everything just look it over and you get the basic idea of what you can get and don't worry you won't lose any money until you check out and pay for the package and so you can provide some dummy domain to look at everything to get an idea what you might want for your hosting account. Of course, you scroll down as you customize your package you see other other options as well, but of course each hosting package comes with different options and so stopping at Xisto - Web Hosting will give you an idea what Xisto - Web Hosting has to offer and what not.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So from this mini tutorial you have an idea what to expect and so just around at the different packages and see what you want all in it and stuff before you purchase.

willielwgg, I have not received a word from OpaQue if existing hosting members should renew or purchase another hosting for the next year. So wait on that one.

And for the rest of you, myCENT is updated from the forum backend about 4-5 hours. This is to keep the server load low. Once myCENT reaches $100 or 4-5 hours (whichever comes first) it will make a deposit to Account Credit Balance. If myCENT is greater than $100 but under 4-5 hours (let's call it the depositing time) it will wait and show READY.

When myCENT is deposited to Account Credit Balance, it will take another 1 hour or so before Billing shows the updated amount. Again, this is to keep the server load at low. You will also receive an email stating that $1 was credited to your account from Xisto. This is another reason why your email of your forum and billing MUST MATCH.

I think I get it now, so regardless if we have like 100 cents or more say like 240, then it will deposit the $2 but keep the 40 in there till you reach the next 100 cents then. Gotta love programming math equations :).

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

Yeah I looked at some of the hosting packages, and it looks like the Unlimited plan is actually the better plan if you want email and MySQL, and addons like that. The admins should really look into that and possible change the prices, before everybody signs up for Unlimited and overloads the servers...

So by following the AUP and TOS you mean that it cannot be used as a file server, picture/video database, etc. right? Or are these legitimate uses for it?I really don't need that much room as I wouldn't be hosting my own videos or anything anyways but it may come in handy in the future, :)

What's the point of showing everyone's current myCENT value to the public? You can't really use it for bragging rights as it resets after 100.. If it's for knowing when you'll get CENTs transferred, shouldn't it simply replace (or be put next to) the hosting credits label on the index page?

What's the point of showing everyone's current myCENT value to the public? You can't really use it for bragging rights as it resets after 100.. If it's for knowing when you'll get CENTs transferred, shouldn't it simply replace (or be put next to) the hosting credits label on the index page?

The Hosting Credits label is going to disappear soon :)

The Hosting Credits label is going to disappear soon :P

:) And that's what confuses me. When the hosting credits label dissapears, how do we know when and where
to renew the Xisto hosting? Is it going to be taken out of our myCENT? If it is I may want to put my Xisto
hosting off and wait a day or two until I have enough myCENTs to buy a Logic package with better bandwidth.

The Hosting Credits label is going to disappear soon :P

Well I had brought up to OpaQue when he showed me that he put the total dollar on the profiles to keep it private and after seeing this post I would assume the mycent would go private as well once everything is completed. However, I would think this time around that instead of putting the dollar amount and your current myceent on that block were the hosting credits are, I say move up to and put it next to Loggin as: YOUR NAME HERE ( Log Out ) put it right up there. That way you can use that block for something else Say like the ads that guests see or members see who haven't blocked them through firefox or opera or use that that for general information for the v3 credit system.

:) And that's what confuses me. When the hosting credits label dissapears, how do we know when and whereto renew the Xisto hosting? Is it going to be taken out of our myCENT? If it is I may want to put my Xisto
hosting off and wait a day or two until I have enough myCENTs to buy a Logic package with better bandwidth.

Well I would assume just like paid hosting your going to get an email about it within a couple of weeks before it gets suspended, but as for renewing your hosting that will be done through the client area on Xisto - Support billing website. As for where the money will be taking out of when you renew that will be taking from the credit balance you on the billing site, and not from mycents since every 4-5 hours 100 cents will be added to the credit balance you already have. Also, mentioned in a post made by OpaQue about this, if you have already a Xisto - Web Hosting paid account it will first deduct the money your credit balance before it will take actual cash. So you could pay for a freedom package for like 10 cents of real money if you wanted to.

The Hosting Credits label is going to disappear soon :)

Wow...so how will we know how much Credits we have on the forum? And the Credit System looks the same as it was when I joined. Nothing good about it at the moment. Maybe a new style and some stuff would go nicely. :P
Eh, will the credit system be changing to a new stylish one?

-Sky

The current hosting credit idea is now Credit System V3.Instead of earning hosting credits you are earning myCENT values by contributing to our forum. So whether you see the hosting credits in the index page or not, it does not matter. Hosting credits is just a plug-in of IP.Board that OpaQue had made. Now, we're going to see myCENT instead of Hosting Credits.Concentrate on posting quality posts as usual and you will not need to worry about anything. :)

Unlimited web hosting has very strict hosting policy. One strike and you are permanently out. No second chance. So it's there for those who can really, I mean really, follow AUP and TOS.

Oh, I may rethink doing that, because my members may upload copyrighted images or attachments.

The current hosting credit idea is now Credit System V3.
Instead of earning hosting credits you are earning myCENT values by contributing to our forum. So whether you see the hosting credits in the index page or not, it does not matter. Hosting credits is just a plug-in of IP.Board that OpaQue had made. Now, we're going to see myCENT instead of Hosting Credits.

Concentrate on posting quality posts as usual and you will not need to worry about anything. :)

When will I have to buy one of the packages that is on the billing page? I am aware that an email is sent when this stuff will be finalized, but I just want to get it down before it becomes final.

Also are there plans for adding more plans, ex ones with more features and such included, and ones with less space/BW?