xisto Community
OpaQue

Credit System V3.0 Online [resolved] Free Web Hosting, Domains, Dedicated IP, Digital Certificate, Managed

When will I have to buy one of the packages that is on the billing page?

That is still in the works. OpaQue is leaning towards automatic registration for now and a year from now you will get an invoice from Billing and Support. Again, we are trying to finalize many things. So stay tuned.

Also are there plans for adding more plans, ex ones with more features and such included, and ones with less space/BW?

When OpaQue registeres your current domain/hosting with something, I believe he will associate it with Logic Plan. Logic Plan allows you to customize to your needs--you need more bandwidth add $3.00 for additional 5GB per month (the numbers and cost is used as an example).
I will let you know as soon as OpaQue some rest and had enough time to clear his thoughts.

Like paid hosting, odds are you will be paying for any add on or extra packages, but you won't pay that separately though as it will most likely be added to your current invoice.

I know, SM usually goes around the answer and it's not clear.If you add additional options such as SQL or Bandwidth, and you choose to go with monthly hosting plan you will be sent an invoice on the monthly basis.Monthly is a great way to start if your Account Credit Balance is not so high. But if you picked hosting plan a 1 year price or 12 months price (I'm stating it exactly as it appears in the check out pull down), then the rest of options will show yearly price. Let's say you picked 12 months Logic Plan at $0.89 per month (because monthly is $0.99) and you increase bandwidth to 5GB instead of 1GB. And the additional bandwidth costs $11.88 for this option. Your total at the check out would be $10.68 for the hosting plus another $11.88 (this is the price for the whole year). When you select the yearly price for the hosting, the rest of option reflects yearly price. If you select monthly price for Logic Plan the 5Gb bandwidth cost only $0.99 per month. So monthly price for Logic Plan with 5Gb bandwidth is $1.98.Read the above explanation carefully. The key is that when you select monthly hosting price, the rest of optional services reflect monthly price. If you select yearly price it automatically refreshes and shows you the yearly prices for all optional services, unless stated otherwise by the description (some of them will say one time setup fee only).

Hmm, I am not too happy with the new offer, to be honest. Firstly, when I signed up to Xisto there was no requirement to give out my personal details. Now, under the new Xisto - Web Hosting billing account they are demanding full disclosure of personal details, including my physical address and telephone number. I see no need for such details to be given for what is touted as a free hosting account.

Speaking of which, I hardly think that this new scheme is really free at all. Sure, you can earn virtual cents and real American Dollars by posting in the forums, but I see in the Terms and Conditions for Xisto - Web Hosting that there are such clauses as: ?1.3 Default and Cure, ?1.4 Charges, ?1.5 Payment, and ?8.3 Choice of Law and Forum, ?8.7 No Waiver, ?8.9 Survival etc which all pertain to payment issues, and thus the services offered are no longer free. What I am seeing is that, if we fail to post on the forums to keep our hosting account going, then not only will our account be suspend (as it would have been under the old Credit System 2.0) but also we could still be liable for outstanding payment, and I'm sure that if such occurs, then they won't be seeking MyCents to pay the outstanding amount, but will be looking for real Dollars. The provisions under ?8.3 and ? 8.9, for instance, I'm sure would not be able to be negotiated with a payment in MyCents. I don't think the Federal or State courts located in California, for instance, would accept MyCents should negotiations break down and parties end up in court.

If you compare the Xisto TOS and AUP with the Xisto - Web Hosting Terms and Conditions you will see some glaring inconsistencies. For instance...

Xisto: Xisto.com reserves the right to amend its policies at any time. All accounts are required to comply with any changes made to these policies. Notification of any major changes to the policies will be emailed to all account holders.

Xisto - Web Hosting: Xisto - Web Hosting reserves the right to add, delete, or modify any provision of its Terms and Condition, Acceptable Usage Policy at any time without notice.

Xisto: All the accounts which are inactive over a period of time as decided by Xisto in its sole discreation would be terminated without notice. Hosting Account Holders who do not have any approved extension period and are inactive over a period of 30 days would be terminated without notice.

Xisto - Web Hosting: All provisions of this Agreement relating to your warranties, intellectual property rights, limitation and exclusion of liability, your indemnification obligations and payment obligations shall survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement.

I am sure there are other examples if I look hard enough. In a nutshell, they can now change the rules on us without letting us know, and if we don't meet the new ammended criteria (that we were not notified about) and end up defaulting on their new terms of use, then not only will they suspend our accounts but they will pursue us to the grave for payments owing. No, this is no longer free hosting.

I'm sorry, but it is time for me to move on. I'm heading off to find a free hosting site, and one that doesn't unnecessarily demand personal contact information. I'm surprised that the application form for Xisto - Web Hosting doesn't include a place for you to put in your Social Security number.

Edited by travstatesmen (see edit history)

Hmm, I am not too happy with the new offer, to be honest. Firstly, when I signed up to Xisto there was no requirement to give out my personal details. Now, under the new Xisto - Web Hosting billing account they are demanding full disclosure of personal details, including my physical address and telephone number. I see no need for such details to be given for what is touted as a free hosting account.

Speaking of which, I hardly think that this new scheme is really free at all. Sure, you can earn virtual cents and real American Dollars by posting in the forums, but I see in the Terms and Conditions for Xisto - Web Hosting that there are such clauses as: ?1.3 Default and Cure, ?1.4 Charges, ?1.5 Payment, and ?8.3 Choice of Law and Forum, ?8.7 No Waiver, ?8.9 Survival etc which all pertain to payment issues, and thus the services offered are no longer free. What I am seeing is that, if we fail to post on the forums to keep our hosting account going, then not only will our account be suspend (as it would have been under the old Credit System 2.0) but also we could still be liable for outstanding payment, and I'm sure that if such occurs, then they won't be seeking MyCents to pay the outstanding amount, but will be looking for real Dollars. The provisions under ?8.3 and ? 8.9, for instance, I'm sure would not be able to be negotiated with a payment in MyCents. I don't think the Federal or State courts located in California, for instance, would accept MyCents should negotiations break down and parties end up in court.

If you compare the Xisto TOS and AUP with the Xisto - Web Hosting Terms and Conditions you will see some glaring inconsistencies. For instance...

Xisto: Xisto.com reserves the right to amend its policies at any time. All accounts are required to comply with any changes made to these policies. Notification of any major changes to the policies will be emailed to all account holders.

Xisto - Web Hosting: Xisto - Web Hosting reserves the right to add, delete, or modify any provision of its Terms and Condition, Acceptable Usage Policy at any time without notice.

Xisto: All the accounts which are inactive over a period of time as decided by Xisto in its sole discreation would be terminated without notice. Hosting Account Holders who do not have any approved extension period and are inactive over a period of 30 days would be terminated without notice.

Xisto - Web Hosting: All provisions of this Agreement relating to your warranties, intellectual property rights, limitation and exclusion of liability, your indemnification obligations and payment obligations shall survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement.

I am sure there are other examples if I look hard enough. In a nutshell, they can now change the rules on us without letting us know, and if we don't meet the new ammended criteria (that we were not notified about) and end up defaulting on their new terms of use, then not only will they suspend our accounts but they will pursue us to the grave for payments owing. No, this is no longer free hosting.

I'm sorry, but it is time for me to move on. I'm heading off to find a free hosting site, and one that doesn't unnecessarily demand personal contact information. I'm surprised that the application form for Xisto - Web Hosting doesn't include a place for you to put in your Social Security number.

Xisto - Web Hosting started in 2005 hosting its local as well as international customers.

Xisto - Web Hosting never interfered in any of Xisto or Xisto member accounts.

Members are requested ONLY to use the same-email and not Personal Details.

Xisto - Web Hosting runs independently with or without its forums and also its business.

Xisto PayPal Ranking is above 400 which proves with have 400+ satisfied subscribed credit card paying users till date.

Xisto - Web Hosting requires STRICT BILLING details to comply with ARIN domain registrar policies to main proper WHOIS records for its customers.

Your Xisto - Support Billing area holds the POWER to lock/un-lock your domain name. This should be taken VERY seriously if you consider your domain serious.

Users are expected to use common-sense while giving your private data by asking the REASON for it. If you do not find a reason, no one forces you too :-)

I hope the above points are enough to support our work of Providing Quality Web solutions to the Population on Web without a Credit Card to burn their time as well as to earn little myCents to buy Domains, hosting etc. at affordable prices and not only considering their present moment of forum activity but also allowing them to secure it for years using their credit balance.

Thank you,

Shree

First of all anything and everything related to Xisto is related to OpaQue and it's team so you are actually dealing with the same company but interacting with different branches of the same company. We do not keep any members credit card details be it Free or Paid therefore there is no way that we can charge you without YOUR consent.

When you sign up for free web hosting at Xisto by posting your application, you add an email address which is visible to the whole world to see but when you sign up with Xisto - Web Hosting your details are seen only by support administrators and you.. It is your personal space which cannot and will not be invaded by any one from our side. And we do not FORCE members to give in their real details, these PERSONAL DETAILS are required only when

1. When a domain needs to be registered because whois shows YOUR details not the company's

2. A Cpanel password needs to be reset over Live Support.

3. Whenever we need to confirm that the buyer is a genuine buyer.

Speaking of which, I hardly think that this new scheme is really free at all. Sure, you can earn virtual cents and real American Dollars by posting in the forums, but I see in the Terms and Conditions for Xisto - Web Hosting that there are such clauses as: §1.3 Default and Cure, §1.4 Charges, §1.5 Payment, and §8.3 Choice of Law and Forum, §8.7 No Waiver, §8.9 Survival etc which all pertain to payment issues, and thus the services offered are no longer free. What I am seeing is that, if we fail to post on the forums to keep our hosting account going, then not only will our account be suspend (as it would have been under the old Credit System 2.0) but also we could still be liable for outstanding payment, and I'm sure that if such occurs,

The rules present in Xisto - Web Hosting's TOS are strictly for Xisto - Web Hosting PAID members. Mycents users have DIFFERENT CUSTOMIZED rules that apply only to them. If you abuse, overuse or destroy something. It will be deducted out of your CREDIT Account and not your credit card. If you have no credits in your account, your invoice will not be marked as paid and if your invoice is not marked paid then your account will get suspended. But if your account is suspended due to abuse then your billing record is suspended.

then they won't be seeking MyCents to pay the outstanding amount, but will be looking for real Dollars.

No.

The provisions under §8.3 and § 8.9, for instance, I'm sure would not be able to be negotiated with a payment in MyCents. I don't think the Federal or State courts located in California, for instance, would accept MyCents should negotiations break down and parties end up in court.

Mycents was introduced by OpaQue to make sure that members had access to every hosting package out there. If he had wanted dollars he would have simply reduced the prices on the packages and asked members to sign up.

This is not applicable as the rules are different for MYCENTS users.

Again this is not applicable as the rules are completely different for MYcent users.

Nothing major or life changing is implemented in Xisto - Web Hosting without notifying our members first, only the small changes are not announced. We announce all that there is in the news section of Xisto - Support.com As far as the whole " we will fail the rules and then be forced to make a payment" I assure you that It will not happen because I manage the team working for Xisto - Web Hosting so there is no way that an account is suspended and forced to pay :)

Thanks for the replies, OpaQue and velma. Also, Saint_Michael replied to me on the Shoutbox, giving further information. I am puzzled about a couple of things though. Firstly...

Members are requested ONLY to use the same-email and not Personal Details.

And we do not FORCE members to give in their real details, these PERSONAL DETAILS are required only when

1. When a domain needs to be registered because whois shows YOUR details not the company's

3. Whenever we need to confirm that the buyer is a genuine buyer.

Now, the first post in this thread lists a link to https://support.xisto.com/ which, in turn, lists a link where we can Register, as recommended in the post by OpaQue. When I click on the Register link, I am confronted with a form, as below...

Posted Image

...which clearly shows that the personal details, including telephone number, are required in order to register. There was no such requirement for all these details when I registered on Xisto using this form. Secondly...

The rules present in Xisto - Web Hosting's TOS are strictly for Xisto - Web Hosting PAID members. Mycents users have DIFFERENT CUSTOMIZED rules that apply only to them.

This is not applicable as the rules are different for MYCENTS users.

Again this is not applicable as the rules are completely different for MYcent users.

This sounds similar to what Saint_Michael was trying to explain to me. However, in order to register using the Register link that I mentioned above, I also have to accept the Xisto - Web Hosting TOS. I have not as yet seen any other "DIFFERENT CUSTOMIZED rules" that only apply to MyCents users. I am keen to see this resolved, but I will not be accepting the current Xisto - Web Hosting TOS, as it is not as good, in my opinion, as the current TOS and AUP that I accepted for Xisto membership. Edited by travstatesmen (see edit history)

I can understand your concerns and have answered your questions :-

1. Why am I asked my personal details now if I was NEVER asked before?

*** You are being asked those personal details BECAUSE

And we do not FORCE members to give in their real details, these PERSONAL DETAILS are required only when

3. Whenever we need to confirm that the buyer is a genuine buyer

BUT

You are allowed to add details like "Fake Street and so on". We do not cross check the address because we understand a member's privacy. We cross check a client's address whose payment looks fishy or his overall order looks suspicious. But in the case of a trap and asta member, he is verifying and cross verifying his account by submitting QUALITY posts therefore Address is not a major requirement.

The reason you do not see any rules and regulations in the websites because OpaQue's main priority was to get the system running and tweak out the bugs that showed up in the initial stage. You might agree that addition of obsolete rules does not do any justice to the members and to the admins. Now that we know that the system is working smoothly confirming that the back-end processes are running perfectly fine, we can finally start working on the front end BASED on the feedback we have received so far from members.

And I have to thank you for posting your opinions because it helps us assure our members and also helps us add the rules and regulations. If you have any more doubts, please feel free to update this topic.

I knew I should I have copied and pasted what I said in the shoutbox, but this is for those who read travstatemen's post, When it comes to personal information in terms of Xisto and or Xisto it is up to you, however, if are to buy a domain .com, .net, .org through Xisto or through Xisto once you apply for a Top Level domain, your going to have to put update your personal contact info on the billing website. That is not a Xisto - Web Hosting rule that is an ICANN rule and they control how .com's work and that is how they set it up.Now if you got your domain from somewhere else and using it for Xisto you do not need to have your personal contact filled out, because most likely you did that when your purchased the domain. Now the only way for someone to find your info is when a whois is done on a domain, granted their are a few thousand sites that do this but most of the time most people don't waste their time looking that stuff up. Now in terms of Xisto/Xisto - Web Hosting security on the billing site I would put it at very tight because of that person info and of course making payments and so after your hosting account that is the most secured portion of the xisto network.As for the money issue that was brought up in travstatemen's post, the money is not real so you will not be charge with really if you don't make a payment, just like the old hosting credit system, your site will get suspended the day the payment is past due, and then if you don't make the payment for your Xisto account like 7-10 days or something like that it will get terminated. Xisto will not ask for money to pay for your free hosting, any emails saying otherwise is inaccurate.

Thanks again velma, and Saint_Michael for helping me understand this. My concern, as I said to SM in the Shoutbox, is that there was talk on the forums about a possible cutoff date for when accounts would need to be transferred across to the new system, but the "front-end rules and regulations" are not in place yet so anyone who goes across to the new system is currently having to accept the old rules, which are plainly not meant for a "free" web hosting service.

Sorry to be so anal about this, but the way that your current Xisto - Web Hosting TOS is worded means that you have the right to purse me for payment for my free web hosting, and that is not something that I am willing to sign my name to. I would rather wait until the new TOS is written before I change from the current Xisto hosting to the Xisto - Web Hosting plan with Credit System v3.0. As I said to SM on the Shoutbox, if I miss out on a few MyCents on the way, so be it.

I knew I should I have copied and pasted what I said in the shoutbox, but this is for those who read travstatemen's post, When it comes to personal information in terms of Xisto and or Xisto it is up to you, however, if are to buy a domain .com, .net, .org through Xisto or through Xisto once you apply for a Top Level domain, your going to have to put update your personal contact info on the billing website. That is not a Xisto - Web Hosting rule that is an ICANN rule and they control how .com's work and that is how they set it up.
Now if you got your domain from somewhere else and using it for Xisto you do not need to have your personal contact filled out, because most likely you did that when your purchased the domain. Now the only way for someone to find your info is when a whois is done on a domain, granted their are a few thousand sites that do this but most of the time most people don't waste their time looking that stuff up. Now in terms of Xisto/Xisto - Web Hosting security on the billing site I would put it at very tight because of that person info and of course making payments and so after your hosting account that is the most secured portion of the xisto network.

As for the money issue that was brought up in travstatemen's post, the money is not real so you will not be charge with really if you don't make a payment, just like the old hosting credit system, your site will get suspended the day the payment is past due, and then if you don't make the payment for your Xisto account like 7-10 days or something like that it will get terminated. Xisto will not ask for money to pay for your free hosting, any emails saying otherwise is inaccurate.

Actually, its not really ICANN that controls the domains, they are just the International organization that decides who gets to be the top-level registrar for a top-level root domain. Like, the company VeriSign (you've probably actually seen that name before on the bottom of websites, checking security), is the contracted top-level registrar for the .com and .net domains. All domain companies are sub-level registrars to VeriSign.

As for personal information linked to the domain, that should be legitimate if you plan on purchasing a domain. Because as SM said there are plenty of checkers
who go around doing whois searches on domains. And I believe reporting false whois information is illegal (not 100 percent sure).

Thanks again velma, and Saint_Michael for helping me understand this. My concern, as I said to SM in the Shoutbox, is that there was talk on the forums about a possible cutoff date for when accounts would need to be transferred across to the new system, but the "front-end rules and regulations" are not in place yet so anyone who goes across to the new system is currently having to accept the old rules, which are plainly not meant for a "free" web hosting service.
Sorry to be so anal about this, but the way that your current Xisto - Web Hosting TOS is worded means that you have the right to purse me for payment for my free web hosting, and that is not something that I am willing to sign my name to. I would rather wait until the new TOS is written before I change from the current Xisto hosting to the Xisto - Web Hosting plan with Credit System v3.0. As I said to SM on the Shoutbox, if I miss out on a few MyCents on the way, so be it.

I also read the TOS on the Xisto Billing Center, but from what I read they can only pursue you for payment if you purchase an item. That means you can still create a Xisto Billing Account and be accumulating myCENTS until the TOS is changed, then I believe Xisto will have to put up a new TOS to agree with, when thats done you can then purchase your account with your accumulated myCENTS and theres no risk (not that I believe OpaQue would do anything like that in the first place). But also technically, according to the Xisto they don't have anything against getting a refund from your credit balance, so people could profit off of that, so its incentive to get a new TOS up.
Edited by iXeta (see edit history)

I will terminate the discussion on personal information requirement with this post. No more discussion after my post regarding personal information required by Billing And Support.This personal detail information will be only, AND ONLY, used and shown when you have your domain purchased. On the side note, you can use free whois privacy by Xisto - Web Hosting. But I'll stick right now just with your detailed information requirement.If you do not want to reveal your personal information, you can put a bogus information and it will accept it. This is not to encourage a false information to be used but if you really care about Xisto, Xisto - Web Hosting, Xisto and yourself, you will not abuse this loop hole and enter "Joe Blow, 123 Any USA St." You can provide just the street name without the house number, give phone number without the area code, provide the state but give county instead of city name. You get the idea.Knowing that your information will only be shown when you have your domain name (and it is required by Law that every domain name has correct whois information, unless paid extra for privacy information option) you can bypass it for now. But BECAUSE people forget to UPDATE billing and personal information from a bogus to the correct one WHEN purchasing a domain name through Xisto - Web Hosting, it is WHY we have it required field during your signup.Xisto - Web Hosting and Xisto will never use your mailing address and phone number in billing or outside sales. Xisto has my full information for the past 4 years and I have not been exploited by any means or forms. I say this not because I am an admin of Xisto, or receive a special trust by Xisto, but I say this because I know OpaQue extends the same courtesy and respect to me as well as all members of Xisto and beyond. I have not known him to set double standards.All invoices are sent electronically so mailing address is not used in Xisto billing.Xisto promotes sales through search engines and word of mouth. They will never perform phone solicitations.If my words seem less than kind I did not mean so. I post this with my personal promise that you will not be exploited (in the world where identity thefts are so frequent) just because Xisto requires you to enter personal information.Okay? Furthermore, if you are worried that Xisto - Web Hosting and Xisto can pursue for unpaid balance, are you not planning on paying your bill in the future? No, of course not. I say some worries are left unearthed. If you are honorable and stick to what is right, you do not need to worry if you will be caught with unjustified accusation.If you still have any doubt you can contact me via PM and I will discuss until you are satisfied :)