xisto Community
OpaQue

Credit System V3.0 Online [resolved] Free Web Hosting, Domains, Dedicated IP, Digital Certificate, Managed

To operate with optimal server resource, update to myCENT and Account Credit Balance will not be synchronized. The backend to display Account Credit Balance is updated within 5 hours, but update on forum myCENT is not as scheduled. And because of editing and moderating things can be placed on a hold before it reflects the proper value. Just a while ago, rpgsercherz's myCENT was around 49.xx. As of this post, I see that he is in 1.83. This means he reached 100, auto deposited to Account Credit Balance and now he's starting again. This took about a day. But only 4 or 5 updates were made to myCENT. Don't be too calculative yet but as you can see in the course of a day or less, only 4 or 5 updates were made to myCENT. This example is to illustrate the "slowness" of the actual update. But your Account Credit Balance is updated as OpaQue had scheduled.

Hosting credit mod is still infused with the current forum. So you will still see hosting credits accumulating on your index page. When we upgrade forum to next version, OpaQue will not be implementing the current (now old) hosting credit IP.Board mod and you will no longer see the hosting credit numbers.
It is still unclear how OpaQue wants to perform, but for those who have not signed up with the Billing, you are seeing myCENT values, i.e. current rpgsearcherz's myCENT is 69.22

If you have signed up with the Billing, your CENTs have been transferred. I see my credit balance being updated as scheduled.

We are still working out the details on how we are going to approach purchasing plans. But here is a brief introduction:

1) a member posts and stays active in Xisto forum
2) contributing in the forum earns myCENT
3) myCENT is converted to Account Credit Balance
4) a member then purchases Xisto - Web Hosting hosting plan with Account Credit Balance for free web hosting
5) a member can purchase any hosting plan, such as PLAN 3S, $33.33 a year. (A special lower price might be available for first time buyer, because to earn $33 might be too long)
6) there after, a member will renew his/her hosting with said $33.33 Account Credit
7) Account Credit Balance may or may not decrease as Hosting Credits have in the past. Again, we're still working out the acceptable terms how we're going to approach this.
8) with leftover Account Credit Balance, a member can purchase other "paid" services from Xisto - Web Hosting, without spending a single penny from a member's wallet.
9) when a moderator moderates this member's post, it will reflect directly on this member's Account Credit Balance. This is not negotiable.

Well I went through a test run today with purchasing a hosting package and it went smoothly that I am aware, but don't know what else is being done with it until OpaQue makes a statement about it. I will say this though, plan to do a lot posting to make the money for one of those packages, though not expensive, but if you go all out with all the features and upgrades you would need to post about 100 times a day just to make a yearly payment :).

So what your saying is that with the myCENT feature, hosting won't be auto-renewed?In my mind, your saying that the hosting on Xisto will be converted into actual packages
on Xisto, so we'll all be having paid packages instead of the free one. At least thats just
the way it sounds to me. But I got my initial payment linked on Xisto - Web Hosting and it
seems like its a pretty sweet payment rate. I think it will definitely make me think about
more tutorials and such xD

Oh and I almost forgot, under Misc, it says you can order Xisto credits, but when I click
on it, it says this package requires a domain name, so I'm wondering if thats just a glitch or what o.O

I wouldn't see how you could auto renew free hosting unless once your hosted under the free plan you don't have to pay anything. Of course, it wouldn't make much sense to pay for free hosting and the only other thing I could think of is that you would have to renew it once a year or something like that. Or set up mycent to use the same 1 penny a day deduction and what not, but it is still early to tell how this will develop though.

I don't know if this is because of my quality of posts or whatever, but my myCENT is stuck on ZERO. I have $3.03 in credit (for previous posts I'm guessing), but I can't seem to get any myCENTs...

I have a feeling though that if you registered before this went online, it might have glitched your account, not sure since I am stuck in the same position as you in just earning hosting credits and not mycents.

EDIT: kicked in so now to start earning some money and willielwgg yours is running as well.
Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

It does not require 100 times a day to make yearly payment. Remember now that once Account Credit Balance deposit is made, it does not decrease like the hosting credit. So, $10 earned is $10 earned. And you have 1 full year to make $33.33 dollars. Is that so tough?? I don't think so.Annually, a hosting member would be required to make a renewal on his/her free web hosting account. We are still calling it free since there's no physical payments are made from a person to Xisto - Web Hosting. As it was in the beginning of Xisto, all you need to do is post and you earn to host for free :)A hosted member will be notified via email with an invoice from Xisto - Web Hosting. A hosted member then logs into the billing and renews it with what his/her Account Credit Balance. If the hosted member would prefer to upgrade to different hosting plan, all that would require is the difference between the current hosting and the upgrading hosting price.willielwgg is not stuck at ZERO as of this post. willielwgg's myCENT is 18.48.

A few questions I've got after reading the rest of this thread... Sorry if they don't make sense though, I'm having trouble trying to figure out just how to word these questions lol.1) Is there something that I need to do so that my free hosting will continue? I've set up the new account, and saw the money transferred in there, and I know I need to post on the forums, but is there something that I'm going to need to do to get myCENTs to transfer into hosting time for my free Xisto site?2) How do I know "how many days" I have left on my free hosting? Will it work like the credits at all, in that it will gradually go down? Or will it be like - save enough myCENTs to buy the free hosting package, and then slowly build up CENTs again until you need to renew the free package one year later?3) It also says that we can use our CENTs to purchase different things from Xisto - Web Hosting... does that mean we will still be able to use the .trap17 subdomain? And if so... can we use the money to buy more space or bandwidth on the subdomain? Or are we still limited to the normal amount, and if we want an upgrade, we'll need to buy a whole other package?I'm just curious about this and trying to figure out just what all is new here. Maybe I'm running on information overload lol... I've been reading so many posts on here tonight :P I still like the idea though, and can't wait to see how it plays out :)Edit: Okay, posts were added as I was typing... so I've figured out #2 now :P Thanks for clarifying!

Edited by midnightvamp (see edit history)

1) Is there something that I need to do so that my free hosting will continue? I've set up the new account, and saw the money transferred in there, and I know I need to post on the forums, but is there something that I'm going to need to do to get myCENTs to transfer into hosting time for my free Xisto site?

Go to https://support.xisto.com/ and register with your email that is the SAME as Xisto forum email.

2) How do I know "how many days" I have left on my free hosting? Will it work like the credits at all, in that it will gradually go down? Or will it be like - save enough myCENTs to buy the free hosting package, and then slowly build up CENTs again until you need to renew the free package one year later?

We are not calculating with "how many days" any more. Once you purchase 1 year hosting plan through Billing, you are good to go for the whole year. And you will be reminded via email to renew your hosting. After which, you would login to Billing again and pay the invoice to "renew."
Throughout the year, as you contribute you will accumulate Account Credit Balance. This does not depreciate over time. So $10 earned today is still the same $10 tomorrow, day after etc., until you accumulate additional Credit Balance.

3) It also says that we can use our CENTs to purchase different things from Xisto - Web Hosting... does that mean we will still be able to use the .trap17 subdomain? And if so... can we use the money to buy more space or bandwidth on the subdomain? Or are we still limited to the normal amount, and if we want an upgrade, we'll need to buy a whole other package?

You can purchase a domain name with your Credit Balance. You can purchase different plan to fit your budget or your hosting needs. You are getting CASH as a form of CREDITS by staying active in Xisto forum.

No I just want to know how he linked WHMCS and IPB together. I have used WHMCS in the past didn't really care for it but he did a nice job on the theme. A really good concept I see this working out good for everyone. Plus one billing system for multi sites is alot better. That can also help stop fraud and allows you track everything a little better.

No I just want to know how he linked WHMCS and IPB together. I have used WHMCS in the past didn't really care for it but he did a nice job on the theme. A really good concept I see this working out good for everyone. Plus one billing system for multi sites is alot better. That can also help stop fraud and allows you track everything a little better.

That is a guarded secret because of scripting done in order to connect everything together and exposing it would be a bad security measure to make mention of what is all involved, but if you have idea how everything works with the forum then you have a bases of what languages are being used to set this all up.

Yeah, everything seems to be working great now, :)
comp - what is WHMCS? I've never heard of that before...

I maybe off on the title a bit but it is Web Hosting Management and Client support System and basically it is like one giant content management system that controls, operates and manage webhosting, websites and domains. you can check it out at this link http://www.whmcs.com/ and cpanel works along side with the WHMCS with the WHMCS being at admin level with cpanel support while client use cpanel to run their websites.

Ive read the entire topic and theres one thing im not sure about...I HAVE signed up at the billing page with the same email and my accounts are linked. So what now? Currently as i understand it we are still using the credit system so at the moment one credit = one day. But i also understand that once fully upgraded the credits go away and we buy the hosting packages, i understand that fully.But what im not sure about is what i/we have to do while we wait? Are we still going to use credits untill the full update, at which point we will get an email saying "you have to go here now and buy hosting or your hosting goes away"? Or should i go to the billing page right now and buy hosting? i and many others of course dont want a week of downtime because we havent understood properly and didnt "buy" our hosting. So how will i/we know when we need to "buy" the hosting? Or should we buy it now? And thanks for this stuff, its really good. Confusing at first but i like it a lot, before we had two options, 10 credit plan or 30 credit plan, but now we can tailor it to EXACTLY what we want, if i dont want PHP then i save some "cash" to spend on something else, and if i decide i want to use some PHP i just add it on. Nice!

But what im not sure about is what i/we have to do while we wait? Are we still going to use credits untill the full update, at which point we will get an email saying "you have to go here now and buy hosting or your hosting goes away"?

This is a great question. And it's still being ruled out by OpaQue as to how to approach existing hosting members. For now, your hosting will stay as long as you post (whether you accumulate Account Credit Balance or not). But when OpaQue is ready to turn off the Hosting Credit system, OpaQue will reinitialize how long before your current hosting will expire and you will then "renew" with a hosting plan and paying for it with Account Credit Balance you gathered from now, until then. Makes sense? Good because it didn't to me :P And no I do not need a clarification--it was my humor to diffuse the situation.

Or should i go to the billing page right now and buy hosting? i and many others of course dont want a week of downtime because we havent understood properly and didnt "buy" our hosting. So how will i/we know when we need to "buy" the hosting? Or should we buy it now?

Exactly. Because none of us are sure yet, OpaQue is working on Credit System to be on-line slowly. All you have to do is wait until OpaQue says "no more hosting credits." We will give ample amount of time for EVERYONE to cross over to the new system. No hosting member left behind! (it's not just Geroge W's slogan anymore ha ha ha)

And thanks for this stuff, its really good. Confusing at first but i like it a lot, before we had two options, 10 credit plan or 30 credit plan, but now we can tailor it to EXACTLY what we want, if i dont want PHP then i save some "cash" to spend on something else, and if i decide i want to use some PHP i just add it on. Nice!

PHP is always included. But I get the idea what you're trying to say. And that's exactly what OpaQue had in mind. If you wanted VPS from Xisto forum, now you can without admin's approval. Just earn Account Credit Balance through myCENT and you upgrade whenever you're ready :)
On the side note: WHM and IP.Board database interaction is not hidden, special coding or secret. The folks at WHM provides all the code you need just as PayPal provides all the shopping cart codes you need. The important part is to be secure and safe. That's where knowing how to program in various programming language comes in handy. WHM can create a hosting account via remote code. This is a built-in feature. Customer Service module is separate but we all know OpaQue does not skimp on the fat--the juicy part of the meat :P

Thanks for replying, you answered everything there!

Now we wait for the termination of hosting credits, quite exciting really :)

PHP is always included. But I get the idea what you're trying to say.

Good good! I didnt really read in detail about what is included and whats optional!

Thanks again for the great reply! Thats what sets T17 apart from other services, sure i could get free hosting somewhere else, but would i get the community? I doubt it very much! Lets hope things go smoothly!

This is a great question. And it's still being ruled out by OpaQue as to how to approach existing hosting members. For now, your hosting will stay as long as you post (whether you accumulate Account Credit Balance or not). But when OpaQue is ready to turn off the Hosting Credit system, OpaQue will reinitialize how long before your current hosting will expire and you will then "renew" with a hosting plan and paying for it with Account Credit Balance you gathered from now, until then. Makes sense? Good because it didn't to me :) And no I do not need a clarification--it was my humor to diffuse the situation.
Exactly. Because none of us are sure yet, OpaQue is working on Credit System to be on-line slowly. All you have to do is wait until OpaQue says "no more hosting credits." We will give ample amount of time for EVERYONE to cross over to the new system. No hosting member left behind! (it's not just Geroge W's slogan anymore ha ha ha)
PHP is always included. But I get the idea what you're trying to say. And that's exactly what OpaQue had in mind. If you wanted VPS from Xisto forum, now you can without admin's approval. Just earn Account Credit Balance through myCENT and you upgrade whenever you're ready ;)

On the side note: WHM and IP.Board database interaction is not hidden, special coding or secret. The folks at WHM provides all the code you need just as PayPal provides all the shopping cart codes you need. The important part is to be secure and safe. That's where knowing how to program in various programming language comes in handy. WHM can create a hosting account via remote code. This is a built-in feature. Customer Service module is separate but we all know OpaQue does not skimp on the fat--the juicy part of the meat :P

This is just a though, since I am only ball parking 23 hours and 59 minutes a day OpaQue is working on this, but I would think if v3 is finish in the sense that OpaQue has connect existing hosting members with the credits and the hosting packages. I would think that at the beginning of next year set up a time frame for everyone to renew their hosting under their new system add or delete what they want in their new package and then send in a transfer support ticket to move their Xisto website to the new one. Of course, thats if everyone is on all at once does this during that time even though I know that once new members sign up the time frame for renewal will always be different but at least the bulk of the existing members will be set and at least have an idea of either monthly payments or yearly payment.

On the other hand, if the Xisto package is going to be free, I would think renewing it once a month would be perfect, since it almost falls in line with the old -30 and your site get terminated and everything gets deleted, but as for the paid package that is up to them if they went to either do month or yearly payments.

Thanks for replying, you answered everything there!
Now we wait for the termination of hosting credits, quite exciting really :o
Good good! I didnt really read in detail about what is included and whats optional!

Thanks again for the great reply! Thats what sets T17 apart from other services, sure i could get free hosting somewhere else, but would i get the community? I doubt it very much! Lets hope things go smoothly!

It's funny, by the time v3 is fully operational I will have just started in my 8th year of hosting credits :P, and it will be all wiped out for cash :P.
Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

Arg, some some reason my balance on Xisto Client Area has not changed...my current balance is $6.91.I have alot of posting to do if I want more money.. :P How long does it take for my balance to increase? It's been 6.91 for 2 days now, and has not changed. (I think). I wish I had $1,000 in it. :)

-Sky

Keep an eye on your MyCent value under your forum avatar, when that reaches 100 or more you will be flagged for an update. As i understand it these updates happen every 4-5 hours, so if like me and SM (at the time of writing this) we have over 100 credits but our billing page hasnt changed yet because the the update hasnt happened yet, so if you had 99 cents at the time of update you'd have to wait another 4 or 5 hours at least for it to update.As of the time of writing this you (sky) have 54.66 cents so its not too far from getting 100 and then getting the billing updated. Make sure that your emails match too, even if you registered with the same email make sure you didnt change your email on one of the sites like i did! Because if they dont match the script cant get the data from the forums.EDIT: Seems i was beaten to it!

Edited by shadowx (see edit history)