xisto Community
Milk

Abortion : For Or Against Abortion? Share ur views on ABORTION?

ABORTION : For or Against Abortion? - tell ur views regarding Abortion  

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am for abortion because it's my body - I'll be the one dictating what goes in and what goes out, thank you very much.  I can see why a lot of people would be against it, though, but I'll always respect someone else's opinion unless they try and force it on me.

206195[/snapback]

yea... u have a point on u should be able to control YOUR body... right... but u wouldnt be the only one there... whats the difference between a person having a premature baby and shooting it in the head and having an abortion with a baby the same age?... HMMM?? people would be SOOOO angry at a person who did the first thing... but y is it accepted to do the second? i see NO difference exept in what is actually killing the baby... either way... a human life was murdered for no reason other than the mothers irrisponsiblity... thats not cool at all... how would u feel if u were in the babys position? think about it... what happened to the golden rule here?

no offence but how the heck can u even ask guys these questions guys have no clue what it's like to even be in the sitution in the first place.I'm against it to a certain degree i mean if your raped and u feel u dont want the baby then i say go for the abortion but if u were just sleeping around and got pregant then i think u should keep the baby :P

Oh boy is this heating up. But as some people pointed out. You are doing the same as shooting the baby after it's born, right? I mean, it still doesn't know what is happening. How then can you say abortion, that is the same thing, is okay. What about the child's rights?! I think you should think about that too.

Oh boy is this heating up.  But as some people pointed out.  You are doing the same as shooting the baby after it's born, right?  I mean, it still doesn't know what is happening.  How then can you say abortion, that is the same thing, is okay.  What about the child's rights?!  I think you should think about that too.

211183[/snapback]

and what about women's rights?...like seriously nobody even thinks about how it infriges on the women's rights. :P

But be honest... A woman knows what she is doing right? A woman can think for herself... An unborn child can't help it that it's conceived. Don't want a kid, the keep the legs crossed :P If it's happened due to rape, I believe giving the child for adoption might be best thing, instead of kill it while it can't be responsible for it's dads actions.

But be honest... A woman knows what she is doing right? A woman can think for herself... An unborn child can't help it that it's conceived. Don't want a kid, the keep the legs crossed  :P  If it's happened due to rape, I believe giving the child for adoption might be best thing, instead of kill it while it can't be responsible for it's dads actions.

211467[/snapback]

K number one men dont know the bond that women go through when there carrying a child and the emontions they feel..whether there good or bad.

Honestly no men has the right to decide whether women should or shouldnt be allow to make those decisions. and plus it goes against the charter of rights under selection 7.

And noone can use church as a reason why cuz religion has nothing to do with polits and should never be allowed into law.

K number one men dont know the bond that women go through when there carrying a child and the emontions they feel..whether there good or bad.

Honestly no men has the right to decide whether women should or shouldnt be allow to make those decisions. and plus it goes against the charter of rights under selection 7.

And noone can use church as a reason why cuz religion has nothing to do with polits and should never be allowed into law.

211859[/snapback]

True, no man should be able to make decisions for women. All I tried to say was think of the consequences before the act. And those rapers should be shot on sight, since they cause alot of misery.

And about the bond between a woman and her child... I have a son as well, wich I have to raise all alone. This is due to the "bond" his mother has, wich means going out is far more important, so it's not always like that :P

True, no man should be able to make decisions for women. All I tried to say was think of the consequences before the act. And those rapers should be shot on sight, since they cause alot of misery.

And about the bond between a woman and her child... I have a son as well, wich I have to raise all alone. This is due to the "bond" his mother has, wich means going out is far more important, so it's not always like that  :P

211863[/snapback]

i like eminem tho..lol..he's a good rapper. Anyways yea i'm not pro abortion to a certain exent i may if the women is a **** and goes aorund with sleeping with guys then i think she SHOULD have the child..rape or the baby could kill the women then i'm all for her having it.

Yea well most women have the bond with the child..when its growing inside her.

I wouldn't say I'm pro-abortion, I'm just pro-choice. I think the woman should have bodily autonomy; it's her body and she can do what she likes with it! Why should the government, who have nothing to do with the woman/family involved, tell her what to do? Having said that though, I'd like to think that I'm not stupid enough to get pregnant without meaning too, and I'd hate to have an abortion myself. But in cases such as rape, (I know there's nearly no chance of getting pregnant by rape but there must be some people who do) I'd probably have an abortion.. what would you tell your child? What if the child looked like the rapist?It makes me laugh that some people who are religious or at least anti-abortion don't want babies to die, but they are quite willing to shoot an abortion doctor. That's not the way to get your point across...I appreciate that some people are religious, and it says in the Bible "thou shalt not murder", etc etc... but I don't believe in God. In fact, I'm not sure if I even believe in abortion. Anyways.. basically I've made my mind up myself. I could never ever adopt my child. My mother was adopted and I've always, always wondered what my "real" grandparents were like. Sure, they might be really horrible, but I'm still curious. I'd be scared that my child would be hurt that I adopted it, and I'd forever wonder what he/she looks like/is like, etc...edit// Also, I don't see the unborn foetus as a proper human being with rights etc. I know that Roman Catholics think it is a human from the moment of conception but I just don't get that... So I don't really see it as murder, seeing as it's not a proper human being. I think the woman's rights are more important.

Edited by inyourarms (see edit history)

ByrdHouse is right... but the age old problem of Religion is starting to creep back into government... and well the Seperation of Church and State! Says keep religion out. But still its commiting murder 2nd & 1st, b/c ur killing a living child, just b/c its in the mother does not mean it is not alive!

First off i think the pro-choice is crap. So the woman can choose to have an abortion.. but didn't she also choose to get pregnant? We forget that, in order to reproduce, humans must have sex, now sure everyone thinks sex is just a "game" but its actually MEANT for reproduction, so by CHOOSING to have sex, you are CHOOSING to get pregnant, no matter if you use protection, the possiblity is out there, and why should it be the childs fault that you got knocked up because you were Stupid?. Why should an innocent life be taken away, because you cannot keep your legs closed? Now, some would say my statement is rude, but truth hurts, so i dont apologize for my opinions, because sometimes you just have to be hard to get the point outthere. If you cannot financially support a baby, if you are not healthy enough (mentally, or physically), then you shouldn't have sex- either that or get your insides taken out, because thats the only thing that will prevent you from having a baby (getting your tubes tied is 99% safe, which is really 0%)

I understand the point of someone wanting to get an abortion because they were raped. (Though, if you get drunk and have sex, and claim you have been raped, i dont personally think thats a good enough reason, because you did bring it upon yourself) But if you were TRULEY wrongfully raped, why SHOULD you have to carry a baby? Many would actually carry the baby, and give it up for adoption, and i think that is a good idea- it gives a child a chance to live, even if they were 'wrongfully' brought into the world. But if you really truley cannot handle carrying a rapists baby, i do see the point of why not, and i wouldnt agree that you should abort, but i think that you really do have a choice, and a legit reason.

I also understand that some people are too ill to give birth, but then again you did choose to have sex. Say you have an STD, and the chance is high, or certain that itll be passed on, i understand the reasoning to why you would abort, because the baby wouldnt live long, or have a healthy life if you did choose to give birth. Or if you have any other disease that might pass on to the baby, or have a very high risk of passing it on. But, you also didnt HAVE to have sex, and so at this point i dont really think you have a completly legit reason to why you would abort, besides the fact of the babies health.

Now...if you sleep around, and get pregnant, and decide to abort i dont think you should have that choice. Abortion should not be used as a "birth control" And unfortenetly thats what most use it for. How is that a legit reason? Its not, you use abortion as a problem solver, to just abort away your problems, and then you continue of the habit you have already been involved in, get pregnant - get an abortion over and over, how on earth is that FAIR? Why should you have that option, why should you be able to choose? You SHOULD NOT have the right to choose.

Many would also argue that , well what if i give birth to the next hitler? What if you give birth to the next Gandhi? Don't make lame excuses. Also many would say, well.. i dont have enough money, or i dont have enough love to give... 1. If you dont give a lot, they wont expect a lot 2. Chances are, once you give birth you will have a lot of love to give 3. Adoption, there are many families who would love, and would have the money, and love to support your child. Again, dont make up lame excuses. And then there is this excuse: Its just not a good time in my life - well it seemed like a good time to have sex, so why cant it be a good time to have a baby? Think before you do. And of course there is this one: What if the baby feels unloved because it finds out it was unplanned, leading up to really being unwanted? - News flash, most babies are unplanned, and ultimitetly at first unwanted- so why turn a miracle into a tragedy, make the best of the situation and show your kid that you love them, even if at first they were a 'bump' in the road of your life.

What is also pretty horrible, is people are actually aborting their babies, because they are genders they didn't want. How horrible is that? Should people be able to play 'god'? I think NOT.

And i know the female carries the baby, but i think its wrong for a women to abort a baby without talking with her boyfriend/husband/one night stand first. Because it takes TWO to make a baby, and the female is carrrying a peice of her, and a peice of him so he should be allowed to make HALF the decisions. I know cases, of abortion ruining a relationship because 1. the man really wanted it 2. the female never even told him, untill later 3. the woman wanted it, the man didnt ... and no one talked about it. Thats unfair.

So obviously i am very against it, and if you don't want to take my opinions into concideration thats fine. If you think that my opinions are worthless, because im a guy, and a gay one at that thats fine too, but im only speaking the truth and if you dont want to hear it thats your problem, chances are it hurts and thats why you dont want to hear it.

I think abortion it totaly ok. If someone doesn't want to have child they should not be told it it wrong to have an abortion. Religion has nothing to do with this. Killing is when you kill someone who has takes a breath ang has a developed mind. It makes me very angry when people try to act smart and say abortion is wrong. But if they have been raped or accidently had a baby they would change their minds very quickly.

I have purposely not read any of the posts before this one as I find the subject too painful. I have seen abortions done and subsequently suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Even reading the word 'abortion' I find horrific images starting to creep into my mind.
I'm sorry but if you have never seen an abortion you really have no right to argue for or against as you are not fully informed or knowledgeable about it.
Although without seeing one, and the murder ideas aside, new research has shown that women who have abortions suffer more mental anguish having one then those who chose to keep their pregnancies. Sorry but abortion is not the answer.
It is totally naiive to think that just because something does not have all it's bits, it is not human and thus not worthy of life. Ask yourself this - would you tell a 5 year child with a congenital abnormality that caused him/her to be born without arms that they don't deserve to live because they don't have arms and because they are a financial burden on their parents? It's the same principle and totally naiive and arrogant to say that an unborn baby doesn't have any right to life because he/she doesn't yet have all their parts and because they are a drain on the mother's body.
An unborn fetus is not a parasite as it is actually (and by scientific definition) a symbiotic relationship if you want to take that ignorant stance as well.
At any rate, this is causing me too much distress so for either pro-lifers or pro-choicers, please watch the following. This is my challenge to you. Watch them if you dare, and I challenge anyone to feel the same way after seeing.

Part One
Part Two
Part Three

(If you cannot get them to play, install Windows Media Player AND RealPlayer

Oh, and I'm not a christian or religious at all. No offence to people who are, I just didn't want people thinking that religion should influence me in any way. I always say, I deal in facts and the facts speak volumes - abortion is not ok.

My friend brought up a point, and i don't agree. But i am not going to let it ruin our friendship, because thats just stupid... but he thinks that abortion should be legal because if it is illigal people will try to do it themselves, or go and get it done through an illigal place. And itll cause harm to the women. Well, first i must argue that even with 'legal' abortion, many complications could go wrong, so it isnt exactly 'safe' either. Secondly, no one is forcing these women to harm themselves. Thirdly, if they want to kill their baby, maybe they should hurt. Now i think abortion should be legal to those who have been raped, they should have 'real' abortion clinics for those who have been wrongfully raped. But for anyone else it should be illigal. Now, if people dont want to make abortion illigal ... then why is it that in school, in sex ed we cannot view abortion, or view what it looks like afterwards, because the site of it is just so graphic? And yet they will show STDs? I mean, it must be pretty horrible, so why is such a horrible thing (that we cant see in school, or even on tv) be allowed to be legal? Just wanted to add on to what i wrote above.

Edited by JasperIk (see edit history)