xisto Community
Milk

Abortion : For Or Against Abortion? Share ur views on ABORTION?

ABORTION : For or Against Abortion? - tell ur views regarding Abortion  

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm for abortion, and I don't understand all this religous stuff, If an abortion is wrong than isn't birth control too, I mean it's preventing a birth too, and same with a condom. And there are some situations that it is just better to have an abortion, for example what if the mother was going to die if she had the baby, wouldn't you spare the mother's life. And also if a woman is raped and finds out she is pregnant, why should she have to carry that ***'s baby, is that any fair?

Life is full of difficult choices. Sometimes, circumstances lead us to do things we never imagined we'd ever have to deal with ....

Unfortunately, abortion is one of them ..... no woman wants to have an abortion .... it's dreadfully traumatising and lives with you for the rest of your life ..... but I'm glad that we live in a society, that recognises women need the "choice" of abortion..... the alternative would be to go back a century and have backstreet abortions, would that be preferable?..... women dying of infection, shock etc?.....

Oh and please would you leave "God" out of it ......because God isn't the one who has to deal with a rape, or with disability, or with a violent relationship, or single parenting etc .....  so give it a rest .....  women have got enough to cope without relgious guilt adding to their problems... Legalised abortion is an ugly  necessity in life..... deal with it ......

149802[/snapback]

I totally agree with you!

Notice from dundun2007:
fixed the quotes so that it was put in quotes
Edited by dundun2007 (see edit history)

I can see this agruement both ways on some cases. I just did a report on this not to long ago for a college class that i had to pick a side and express what i felt about it. I chose to go for it on this topic. I believe that you should have the right to do an abortion if necassary. I strongly agree with the law that states the abortion must happen within the first 8 weeks of development. Well put it this way if your underage and you have no job, no money and you know that you will not be able to support a child what else is their to do. There is foster parents that could take over the job but alot of these teens that have the children always try to keep it a secret and the child suffers from it. I think that it should be fine for someone to do an abortion. Another side says that its murder though taking away a childs life because you were too careless. I beleive that in most cases that its the parents fault that they have to do an abortion.

So many people want to support abortion because of the rare cases where a woman was raped or where the woman's life is in danger. These are rare cases and certainly don't constitute the majority of abortion cases every year.AND WHAT PEOPLE FAIL TO REALIZE IS THAT BEFORE ABORTION WAS LEGALIZED ABORTION WAS ALLOWED IN THOSE RARE CASES OF RAPE OR THE WOMAN'S LIFE BEING IN DANGER.A child's brain and vital organs mature within just a few weeks, something the whole trimester stuff ignores. Also, the staunch abortion advocates also champion partial birth abortion which can involve a child being born normally and the law says that if they don't touch it it isn't born, so they can wheel it into a back room and just let it starve to death. There was one woman whose baby lived from an abortion and she realized she'd made a mistake and tried to keep it alive, begging the abortionists to call an ambulance but they refused, and the baby died in her arms. She is now among the many opposing abortion as evil, as is the woman who first opened the Roe vs. Wade case, who regrets having done it.And finally, so many know this about God knowing children when they are in the mother's womb:Psalms 139:16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.But what of this one? According to the Bible we are responsible as humans even BEFORE leaving our father's body!Hebrews 7:9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham. 10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

I've seen a few views on abortion here and there and I think some are good points that I would like to mention.

Some people are against abortion because they say it's murder. When you contort and say it's not murder, they retort and say that just because it's an egg and a sperm does not mean it's not human. ......

I hope I don't sound close-minded, I'm not trying to impose my ideas on you, just trying to stir something for an intelligent argument/debate if you will. =)

40635[/snapback]

First I am new in forum so execuse me if I respond now.

Second I refrain from voting because I'm both PRO life and PRO-choice.

Also I am against adoption in general.

My opinion:

1. Abortion has not become a form of ?birth control?

2. If a woman's pregnancy will result in her death (as in the case of a tubal pregnancy, for example), then abortion can be justified. It is a greater good that one human should live (the mother) rather than two die (the mother and her child).

3. Also abortion to be allowed in the first 10 weeks of pregnancy in the following situation:

- the case of rape spcially the children. Of caurse who was raped, she would definately not want to have a child which reminded her of a bad experienced horror.

- the case of the defective unborn baby since is that better for such children never to be born rather than to live a life burdened with a serious mental or physical handicap and may be the mother who do not want to take care of such a child. It is now possible to detect through amniocentesis and other tests whether the unborn entity will turn out to be physically or mentally handicapped.

- the case of the anencephalic baby i.e. "absence at birth of the brain, cranial vault (top of the skull), and spinal cord. That because most affected infants are stillborn or survive only a few hours. Anencephaly occurs due to a failure in development of the neural tube, the nerve tissue in the embryo that eventually develops into the spinal cord and brain. A woman can know early in pregnancy that she is carrying an anencephalic baby "by measurement of alphafetoprotein, by ultrasound scanning, and by amnio-centesis..."

Why the sugestion of the 10 weeks

It was for the following reasons:

- a woman may not know that she's pregnant until after up to a month and a half and directly she have to decide. Once a woman knows that she's pregnant, she should make the decision immediately.

- The viability factor which is the baby?s ability to live outside of the womb (viability) which can use as a measure of when a baby is human is decreased from 30 weeks fifty years ago to 25 weeks today.

Against partial birth abortions.

It is not acceptable that a person could carry a baby to almost full term and then concent to have that baby basically murdered.

Against abortion for Population Control.

Morever I don't agree with the opininion to use of abortion as a means of population control. We now know that falsity of the Maltus theory on Population in 1798 in which he predict of food crises in the world because the population increases geometrically (in the ratio 1, 2, 4, 8...), while production of food only increases mathematically (in the ratio 1, 2, 3, 4...).

control and the financial and emotional burden a child may put on a family where it is argued that in such situations abortion is justified. Along the same lines, a number of pro-choice advocates argue that if abortion is forbidden, then the poor will keep producing more children to draw more welfare. Hence, in addition to pity, there is an economic incentive invoked in this appeal.

Against the relegion prohibition of abortion:

I am christian and true believer But I don't know from where relegions come to Tell people not only to not have an abortion or they can't use contraceptives either. They by long way trying to approve that it is murder! and so it is against commandment.

- In thr bible were many order by God to kill an individual or a group to clean themselves and avoid God anger.

- in my opinion those that commit fornication, adultery, that are greedy and materialistic, that lie cheat and steal are not following God word either and against Commandment too.

- where the relegious voice and effort when:

- Britain domilish the native Americans

- British killed the aboroginal of Australia

- What Britain, France and Belguim did in Africa and Asia.

- Hitler killed of million of population.

- US army used the nuclear bomb.

- US bomed the Vietnam cities.

- US bomed Yougoslavia cities.

- US bombed Irak two times

- US bombed Afganstan

etc etc

Shouldn't the same energy against abortion [because it is killing for unborn entity] and focus be put into stoping all the war were saving for millions of people..

I can not forget the case of the Irish child rabed many few years ago.

I am against the adoption in general:

There are many dangerous side of adoption. I am christian but I am admire the Islam in prohibiting adoption. I know that there are many people who cant have kids for reasons that may be out of there hands and want to adopt. We see many stories that the kids would want to know their biological parents.

Prevention of Pregnancy is the best

If you dont want to have a baby dont have sex or unprotected sex or be on Birth control . But sometimes mistakes happens.

__

its your own flesh and blood, and they dont really know anything yet... i mean do they?great now im going to be wondering about this for the rest of the week... ^_^

I am a Catholic, so it's pretty odd for me to be pro-choice, but I am.I believe that the choice should be left to the woman, after all, she's the one who will have to provide for the baby for the nine months, and for the rest of its life if she choses to keep it.I am for abortion in the cases of rape (many rape victims are too young to have children, and some are too young to even have developed enough to concieve a proper birth without complications.) Besides, how do you think that child is going to grow up, knowing that its father is a rapist?I am also for it when there is danger to the mother. There's no point in them both dying, so let the mother decide whether to abort.As far as making a stupid mistake goes, I am torn:I believe that you should learn from your mistakes, so a part of me believes that if they didn't use a condom properly or didn't take the pill they should have to live with it. But I think it might be best to let the mother decide in this case because how is that child going to grow up if it knows the mother never really wanted it? Most teen mothers drop out of school (ruining their life) to properly care for their child, and even then, sometimes they are unable to properly care for them because they don't have much experiance. Even worse, some of them blame their children for 'ruining' their lives, so naturally the child may not have a happy childhood. So I am torn there.Outlawing abortion won't do anything anyway. People will find ways to self abort, or will try to cause miscarrages. I know of a girl who at 16 got pregnant, and because she was too ashamed to tell her parents, tried to self abort with a coat hanger, and bled to death on her bathroom floor, killing herself, and her month old baby. So I think it should remain legal so that it is done properly. Because if people really do not want the baby, they're going to find ways to get rid of it that are even worse than abortion (such as disposing of it in trash bins, which I've read about way too often.)

I am a Catholic, so it's pretty odd for me to be pro-choice, but I am.

I believe that the choice should be left to the woman, after all, she's the one who will have to provide for the baby for the nine months, and for the rest of its life if she choses to keep it.

I am for abortion in the cases of rape (many rape victims are too young to have children, and some are too young to even have developed enough to concieve a proper birth without complications.) Besides, how do you think that child is going to grow up, knowing that its father is a rapist?

I am also for it when there is danger to the mother. There's no point in them both dying, so let the mother decide whether to abort.

As far as making a stupid mistake goes, I am torn:

I believe that you should learn from your mistakes, so a part of me believes that if they didn't use a condom properly or didn't take the pill they should have to live with it. But I think it might be best to let the mother decide in this case because how is that child going to grow up if it knows the mother never really wanted it? Most teen mothers drop out of school (ruining their life) to properly care for their child, and even then, sometimes they are unable to properly care for them because they don't have much experiance. Even worse, some of them blame their children for 'ruining' their lives, so naturally the child may not have a happy childhood. So I am torn there.

Outlawing abortion won't do anything anyway. People will find ways to self abort, or will try to cause miscarrages. I know of a girl who at 16 got pregnant, and because she was too ashamed to tell her parents, tried to self abort with a coat hanger, and bled to death on her bathroom floor, killing herself, and her month old baby. So I think it should remain legal so that it is done properly. Because if people really do not want the baby, they're going to find ways to get rid of it that are even worse than abortion (such as disposing of it in trash bins, which I've read about way too often.)

197992[/snapback]

ok... first... u said that it should be the womans choice because she will have to care for it for 9 mos... does a parent not have to care for a child at any age? would it be acceptable if a mother killed her 5 year old son because she just didnt want him anymore?? no... people would be outraged if such a thing happened... but then y is it ok for a mother to kill her unborn baby? i think it is a human if it has developed the main body parts... or have started... i agree that 10 weeks should be the limit... partial birth abortions just anger me... how can anyone be so ignorant to say that isnt murder?? i can understand (still not agree with) someone saying that an unborn baby is not human... if a preme can be considered a human... the same age of unborn should be considered the same... in some situations... i can accept a longer period of time... such as a teen still in high school, rape, incest, etc... i cant think of other cases off the top of my head... and there is also adoption... if a mother doesnt want her kid, then she should give him/her up to adoption... im not saying that this is a good thing but its better than them living with an unloving parent or not living at all... now secondly... about the self abortions... first of all... people wouldnt do that much nowadays... the 70s were a different time period... and another thing... if a law was broken so much, would u get rid of the law altogether?? people steal and smoke pot all the time so should the law be removed?? no... that would defeat the purpose of the law... the law was created because people did something wrong and theyre trying to prevent it...

THREE CHEERS FOR ABSTINENCE... YAY!! lol

ok... first... u said that it should be the womans choice because she will have to care for it for 9 mos... does a parent not have to care for a child at any age? 

I said that the mother would have to care for the child for the rest of its life if she choses to keep it. Read the rest of my sentence.

would it be acceptable if a mother killed her 5 year old son because she just didnt want him anymore?? 

Of course not, that's obviously murder, and that's very different. That child's been in the world for 5+ years, and whether he had the right to live cannot be disputed. Wheras, an unborn fetus, there's much to argue with. Bringing a new life into the world and being responsible for that life is a very difficult thing, and it's not surprising that many young girls who make mistakes are unable to handle it.

if a mother doesnt want her kid, then she should give him/her up to adoption... im not saying that this is a good thing but its better than them living with an unloving parent or not living at all...

You don't know that for sure, do you? Adoption places are overflowing (high population), and it just seems like an even worse form of abandonment to me, at the government's expense this time. Though I do agree it is better then death, some people just can't live with the fact that they are abandoning their child, and don't want to live with the heartbreak years down the line if the child choses to try and find them.

now secondly... about the self abortions... first of all... people wouldnt do that much nowadays... the 70s were a different time period... and another thing... if a law was broken so much, would u get rid of the law altogether??  people steal and smoke pot all the time so should the law be removed?? no... that would defeat the purpose of the law... the law was created because people did something wrong and theyre trying to prevent it...

I didn't say this happened during the 70s. It happened only a year ago, in fact. So people DO do it nowadays. The reason she did it? Because in her state it was ILLEGAL. She couldn't go and get it done properly, and rather than face her parents, she took a risk, and ended up killing the both of them. There are people who would rather take that risk than face the shame, so we should let them have the choice so that even more innocent life is not lost.And about getting rid of the law? No, of course not, if the law has good intentions. However, if it's getting broken all the time, it's just a sign of poor enforcement, or that the law needs to be revised so that people aren't breaking it.

quote by PhasingThrough"QUOTE(punkgamr13 @ Oct 24 2005, 06:46 PM)ok... first... u said that it should be the womans choice because she will have to care for it for 9 mos... does a parent not have to care for a child at any age? I said that the mother would have to care for the child for the rest of its life if she choses to keep it. Read the rest of my sentence.QUOTE(punkgamr13 @ Oct 24 2005, 06:46 PM)would it be acceptable if a mother killed her 5 year old son because she just didnt want him anymore?? Of course not, that's obviously murder, and that's very different. That child's been in the world for 5+ years, and whether he had the right to live cannot be disputed. Wheras, an unborn fetus, there's much to argue with. Bringing a new life into the world and being responsible for that life is a very difficult thing, and it's not surprising that many young girls who make mistakes are unable to handle it.QUOTE(punkgamr13 @ Oct 24 2005, 06:46 PM)if a mother doesnt want her kid, then she should give him/her up to adoption... im not saying that this is a good thing but its better than them living with an unloving parent or not living at all...You don't know that for sure, do you? Adoption places are overflowing (high population), and it just seems like an even worse form of abandonment to me, at the government's expense this time. Though I do agree it is better then death, some people just can't live with the fact that they are abandoning their child, and don't want to live with the heartbreak years down the line if the child choses to try and find them.QUOTE(punkgamr13 @ Oct 24 2005, 06:46 PM)now secondly... about the self abortions... first of all... people wouldnt do that much nowadays... the 70s were a different time period... and another thing... if a law was broken so much, would u get rid of the law altogether?? people steal and smoke pot all the time so should the law be removed?? no... that would defeat the purpose of the law... the law was created because people did something wrong and theyre trying to prevent it...I didn't say this happened during the 70s. It happened only a year ago, in fact. So people DO do it nowadays. The reason she did it? Because in her state it was ILLEGAL. She couldn't go and get it done properly, and rather than face her parents, she took a risk, and ended up killing the both of them. There are people who would rather take that risk than face the shame, so we should let them have the choice so that even more innocent life is not lost.And about getting rid of the law? No, of course not, if the law has good intentions. However, if it's getting broken all the time, it's just a sign of poor enforcement, or that the law needs to be revised so that people aren't breaking it."ok... sry to bring back an oldish topic but i have to expain... doubting ull ever read this again... but anyway... u said that its "very different".. but how so? its only different by TIME... should TIME be what says who lives and who dies? ... and i said that i think its fine for a young girl (teenager) to have an abortion... as long as its not more than like two months or something extreme... and those girls are obligated to have the baby because THEY were the ones that were not being responsible... should that future person suffer (by death) because of SOMEONE ELSES mistake? no.. thats not fair at all to the baby...and adoption is not as bad as u speak... maybe the "shelters" arent very good but theres plenty of people willing to adopt... one of my good friends happens to be adopted and he loves it...and now onto people aborting themselves... there are a few instances where this happens but it is not as often as u say... "However, if it's getting broken all the time, it's just a sign of poor enforcement, or that the law needs to be revised so that people aren't breaking it." but the thing is.. its not being broken "all the time"... rarely is it... and u cant "revise" the law so people arent breaking it.. its one way or the other.. theres no in between...

The polls show 50%50 %26 votes for each. I personaly voted for Against.I do not beilive abortion is right i do not think any man has the right to decide wethere somebody lives no matter how new to the world they are its basically legalised murder just becuase their minors.Its not right no one has the right to decide if some one lives or dies even if it is their child and creation this is from my point of view a christian one .Only god has that right to give and take life no one else .

No I think abortion is wrong, in every way actually first off because you're killing another human being, maybe it didn't devolop fully yet, and you might not think of it as one but it is, and it's still a gift from god, and you should treasure that. Abortion is totally wrong in my point of view.

No I think abortion is wrong, in every way actually first off because you're killing another human being, maybe it didn't devolop fully yet, and you might not think of it as one but it is, and it's still a gift from god, and you should treasure that. Abortion is totally wrong in my point of view.

202852[/snapback]

Thank you.

Thats what i was saying. No "MaN (Mortal)" has the right to take life .

You know the really sick think is some people kill the child after its come out just because of something so small as a minor deformaty.

I dont know what you lot think but I think it is wrong and sick and personally dont know how them people sleep at night i know if i took a life like any good decent person if I took a life i wouldnt be able to sleep at night.