xisto Community
Milk

Abortion : For Or Against Abortion? Share ur views on ABORTION?

ABORTION : For or Against Abortion? - tell ur views regarding Abortion  

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am for abortion for one simple reason. Let's say you have a poor country girl who doesn't know how to use the condoms. She gets a baby she doesnt want and she is so poor she can't give the baby a decent life. What could she do then?The problem with abortion is an etical one. I don't really belive so much in god so my etical problem is not so big. If you are the person that goes to church every day you will 99,9% hate abortion. But, like my case, if you like to watch discovery channel and you don't think god is controling our lives, but the pure laws of phisics (hope it's spelled right) you will be most certainly for abortion.

ok, my mummy was 17 when she had me. i'm grateful that i'm alive and whatnot, but i have been through so much awful, corrupt things with my family, the people that you're supposed to be able to trust the most. there have been enourmous lies, tons of moves, even an illegal adoption and name-change. nobody should have to go through any of these awful things as a child; nobody should have to see the dark, primal, barbaric emotions that erupt from people in situations like this. also, the mental stress is awful, especially if you don't live with your real mom because of in-family deceit.BECAUSE OF ALL THIS, I AM PRO-ABORTION.as weird and joke-like as it sounds, if you can't take care of your own baby then get an abortion. do it for the children

I'm pro-choice, not because I think its right as such but isn't it much better not to have so many unwanted babies, there are lots of orphanages and children living with foster families. It isn't murder as such but at 6 weeks it has a heart beat and a working brain so I supose then it can be classed as murder. Oh I don't know.

I've seen the abortion procedure, it's not nice, but I am for it. Say you were a woman, got raped and found you got pregnant from it, would you say no to an abortion? Me either!

madisonn used the right term there. I am pro-choice but not necessarily 'pro-abortion'*. People need to learn about contraception. Wheher they live on a farm or not. :D *now that I think about it... I saw this episode of Maury Povich the other day that was called, "I'll be devastated if my brother is the father of my child" :D if you think your brother might be the father of your child you really shouldn't have the baby.

In my opinion, Abortion is wrong. I know some people may believe its killing and such. But I have about the same opinion except a different approach. First of all, We could be killing future presidents, musicians, world leaders, inventors, etc. by doing this. Also, we are ruining an absolutely life and foresaking someones chance to live. Also, I'm a christian and it sayz its a no no in the bible :]

Or it could become a mass-murderer. You can't tell. "What-if" scenarios are beside the point, just like you wouldn't go out to cut down an acorn for firewood, the acorn might become a large tree some day, maybe, perhaps, that doesn't mean it is a tree.

And I'm not so sure the bible thinks it's a big no-no. There are enough passages that indicate that a fetus is not considered a person. Not that it matters at all, belief is a personal thing and has no place whatsoever in legislation (not about abortion, not about anything else).

I have 4 boys, a huge responsibility. I dont look down on those who have abortions Im just glad it wasnt me who had to make that decison. I just had my 4th child 3 months ago...What what Id be missing now, hes precious! If I was carrying a baby with two heads believe you me I would take it into serious consideration, even with my christian background. If I was raped or if my child had downs syndrome or another disibility Id keep that child....its not their fault. They deserve my love as much as any other of my children. I wish people would use it as a last resort and not a form of birth control but thats on them not me.

As I've read across this post and its replies, I've seen a lot of the same thing repeated over in different ways. I think this debate can be broken into several different arguments.

The reasons why people are against abortion are as follows:

1) Religious obligation

2) Believing that abortion is murder

3) Better solutions

And the reason why people are not against it are:

1) Women?s right

2) It's too controversial

3) It's not life yet

4) Laws are too complicated

5) A child is worse off if unwanted/parents can't provide for it

6) The rape/accidental conception argument

...and probably more.

First of all, the majority of the Pro-Life movement is in *majority* by people who feel the obligation to do what "is right" - people do what their religion tells them to/what their religion has brought them to believe. And this is a major issue. America, in my opinion, is being "taken over" by Christianity - it has the power to elect a president and influencing the laws all on it's own. This force is too strong and I see it as a mild violation of the First Amendment. These groups are imposing their beliefs upon the whole country. That's right, their BELIEFS, and I'll explain...

The argument: abortion is murder! How can this be proved? Of course, the complications of this argument are immense. There are also those nine months in which the baby grows... so how long does it take before it is "life"? That is a major issue, because no one gets to decide. But the bias people who are against abortion will of course say that it's at conception, because this is of course a way to get abortion banned altogether. But nevertheless, it's just an *opinion* because there is no scientific evidence that can be used to prove this. Even if the fetus moves, that doesn't mean that it's "alive". Then it gets even more complicated... what does "alive" mean? Does that mean that it can move? Or does that mean that it has consciousness and/or a will to live?

Of course, the best way for the church to get the vote for what they believe is to tell their people that it is a sin and use fear of wrong doing to influence their bias.

Human beings have a very important survival mechanism that give people, especially women, the innate drive to preserve the life of the young. There have been laws concerning abortion for at least 2500 years, since the time of Mesopotamian civilization, concerning this issue for the same reason. In order for life to go on, a creature or society must create a new generation. The point here is that people hate the idea of "killing babies" because of this instinct.

But modern man is evolving beyond instinct now. We are able to preserve our society (our immense society) in so many ways. In my opinion, this perseverance is getting out of control. As humans so greatly hate the idea of death, we will not only prevent the death of the new, but also the death of the old through medicine and advanced procedures. Obviously, humanity already has a long history of breaking the nature of life. If we can extend life beyond usefulness, then surely we can prevent life for good reasons. But because we fear death so much, people want preserve the old for as long as possible and bring in the new as much as possible. Eventually, we're going to reach the problems such as overpopulation and a lack of resources - probably not even within our grandchildren's lifetime, but someday, generations beyond them. So if we're going to control life, it should be done for the right reasons, and there are good reasons to prevent unwanted life.

So the issue of abortion appears to involve humanity?s innate drive to preserve life - but we also must consider preserving the well being of society. The truth is, that many people who might want an abortion and are denied will have children that are neglected and abused. This of course, inevitably leads to far worse conditions. These children MIGHT grow up into: poverty, drug and alcohol abuse, and crime. It is arguable that the people with these problems today are a result of bad nurturing. In other words.... some people just shouldn't have kids! And if they tried to avoid pregnancy and it happens anyways, which is common, they should be able to abort if they choose to.

The argument of course, goes on and on, virtually without end, and it will remain that way because of extreme bais. So conclusively, since there is such great opposition in the abortion debate, it seems logical that there should be a line drawn in the middle. The worst thing to do is to illegalize (or legalize) it *entirely*... and I guarantee that this won't happen because of the intense debate. I think that the best solution is to allow abortions to be performed properly, only in a hospital or clinic (if it is illegalized is will become a trade just like drugs - dirty and unsafe) and the patient's situation must be acceptable for the approval of the procedure. Also, abortions should not be allowed after a certain amount of time in pregnancy. Where that line should drawn I cannot say, but according to my research a woman may not know that she's pregnant until after up to a month and a half. Once a woman knows that she's pregnant, she should make the decision immediately. After the first trimester, for example, abortion should not be allowed. And on the other hand, when a woman can safely give birth and there?s someone who wants to adopt, the baby should be born and given for adoption. And abortion should definitely not become a form of ?birth control? - a woman should have a limit on the number of abortions that can be done.

As in most cases, when the debate is too controversial and divided as great as it is now, there should not be legislation in favor of only one side - we need to compromise for both sides and especially not draw a dogmatic or biased conclusion.

Thanks for reading my opinion.

Gunbound, that was amazing. I see how it makes sense since the old are getting better treatment and more medicine is developing and so they live longer, if we didn't have abortions, the earth probably would over populate. Before our century (maybe before), the ratio of people being born to people dying was equal and balanced...whereas today, if we did not have abortions and continued the medicine practice and discovery, the ratio would be 2:1. This is of course, not considering the fact of birth defects that lead to instant death and so on.

What you said about Christians in America imposing their beliefs on...America, is pretty accurate. :D It's also a bit inhumane. If thousands of women should be rejected of a choice whether to have an abortion or not because of some Christians who believe it goes against their religion, America will falter. Ah...I was just thinking of something but I can't believe it slipped my mind. But anyways, because America is inhabited by a massive amount of peoples whose faith is Christianity, the majority of "ethical" problems are solved by them, whether non-Christians believe so or not. I'm not saying that everything is Christianity's fault, I'm saying that many people who believe in the Christian faith are often easily blinded by what they teach you in your churches and how close-minded you are. There are other religions like so, but Christianity is the biggest.

I have 4 boys, a huge responsibility. I dont look down on those who have abortions Im just glad it wasnt me who had to make that decison. I just had my 4th child 3 months ago...What what Id be missing now, hes precious! If I was carrying a baby with two heads believe you me I would take it into serious consideration, even with my christian background. If I was raped or if my child had downs syndrome or another disibility Id keep that child....its not their fault. They deserve my love as much as any other of my children. I wish people would use it as a last resort and not a form of birth control but thats on them not me.

When you say that, something else comes to mind. Many people think like you and never regret having given birth to their children. That's cool! Good for you, really! And there are those women who like, 5 years after their abortion feel terrible because they wish they could've had the kid. I really honestly commend you because of your choice. The only difference with you, is that you were not 16 years old when you had your first child...were you? If you weren't, then this doesn't imply, because many people have abortions not because they don't want a kid, but simply because their are other walls that surround them. I mean, when you're 16, you have your parents, you have school, possibly a job, etc. It can get in the way of many things and even though it's her own fault for making a bad choice, that doesn't mean she deserves to go through all those hardships...it's not fair for her OR the child. =/

Only because you dont know me Milk I will forgive you...You are wrong about one thing.

I was exactly 16 when I had my first and 17 when I had my 2nd Im only 31 years old...32 next month. I grew up in a christian home and I was the first in my entire family to have children out of wedlock! I was looked down upon, not so much by my family but society at the time. My oldest are 15 and a half and 14. my younest are 3 years old and last one is 3 months. So Ive been there and thats why I dont look down on people who have abortions as a last resort.

Being a single mom is not easy but my mom got married and had children the traditional way, was seperated after a year and has been divorced for over 20 years...she had it just as hard as I did. She did things the right way according to society. So having my children worked for me. I went to school and many girls had 4, 5, 6 abortions as a form of birth control. Doing so much dammage to their bodies. Some had problems having children after that. All the sex ed hasnt helped much, I think the only thing that has made people think twice is the AIDS epidemic but it only put a small dent in preventing young people from having unprotected sex. I got pregnant twice while taking the pill, it doesnt work for everyone. My cousin got pregnant twice on the pill...she had one abortion and the second she kept. She is now married and in 4th year university for bachelor of arts program (education )There is so many sides to the issue.

I am against abortion for myself. Im uncomfortable with it. I believe life begins at conception. Quality of life is a factor as well as I said in my previous post...very touchy issue. Im not comfortable playing God and deciding who gets to live and who doesnt.

While you make valid points, I just don't see them the way you do. One of the bigger differences I see, is that I'm not Christian, I don't believe in God, and I'm not religious in anyway. That being said, I don't believe in those same "moral values." What you said about girls having 4, 5, 6 abortions is stupid. If a girl has more than 2, even more than 1, abortion in her lifetime, that's just dumb. (assuming the abortion was because she didn't need a baby in her life at the time, cutting out rape, internal harm, etc.) I don't think abortion should be used as a form of birth control. I mean, you can have one abortion, because you messed up once, and you learned your lesson, abortion, done, don't do it again. The pill not working, is not the whole population, like you said, it works for some, not all. Your cousin was smart. She had one abortion and maybe she learned she should wait. There are other forms of birth control, like condoms and those patch things. There are also a variety of others.....but none of them are totally effective. Abortion serves its purposes.....but if you were in danger of death because of a child....you wouldn't abort? You'd cost the lives of 2 "people" instead of just "one."I am for abortion simply because I don't believe 2 gametes are a human. Like an embryo, is not a human, but something that can develop into a human. Everyone has different views and different experiences. I respect yours.

Im pro choice. I dont believe it is my place to choose what other people do with their lives. I'll let God deal with others actions when their time comes! I personally would never get an abortion because I believe it is morally wrong, but like I said.. Im not God, and I dont intend to act as if I am.. I would rather concentrate on my own actions, and correct my own faults.. :DHugs,Amby

Im totally against abortion. Even though the women had the final say really and the family..i still say that its totally wrong. Why should we kill an inniocent child. This child could become something in our life such as someone who can save other people like a doctor or he/she could find a cure for cancer. Why do we just waste life that that. I think we need to rethink this whole thing. Every life counts...God puts every life on the Earth for some reason..wether its big or small...one of the babies that people are killing do to abortion could save someone elses life or even millions.

I don't really care about abortion, yes some people see it as taking a life away, but every time you masturbate you kill millions of sperm cells. Did you know the woman who made abortion not illegal is now working against it? It shouldn't be used as a form of birth control, and I'm glad my mother didn't believe in abortion or I wouldn't be here. (I was a "mistake")