xisto Community
Milk

Abortion : For Or Against Abortion? Share ur views on ABORTION?

ABORTION : For or Against Abortion? - tell ur views regarding Abortion  

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is my view. I believe the government should control wether people can have an abortion or not. It is on them. I also believe people should not kill there babies. They should have a right to live. If you dont really want them put them up for adoption. Give them to someone who wants them. Dont kill them for you mistake (unless you were raped or something)

Isn't it interesting that so often, the debate on abortion comes down to what GOD says. God gave us free will... the right to choose. So it would seem to me that in order to remain consistent, God must be Pro-Choice. Anything less and He becomes a tyrannical dictator, forcing His will upon us. Clearly God created man with free will, the right to choose. So can we PLEASE stop with the "GOD SAYS" garbage, and admit the truth - that WE either see it as murder or not. Stop blaming God for your interpretation of the Bible. There are ZERO references to abortion in the Bible, and anyone who says there are is twisting things WAY out of context. If, as the Bible teaches, God is all-knowing, he HAD to see the abortion issue coming. Why DIDN'T He address it in His word? He addressed such inane things as how to prepare animals as food, but not one word on abortion. HMMMM.

Just like to say, i'm against abortion. I do believe it's a form of murder. And saying that there isn't any scriptural support that's against abortion is wrong, and said out of ignorance. Those who abort pregnancy is said to pay for their actions in hell. I believe it's better to keep the child alive, even if you've been raped. Let the rapist pay for his/her actions in hell. Don't take yourself there with them. Imagine if you had to look at the face of the rapist for all eternity. Like mentioned, there are many other alternatives instead of abortion. I've made an article on how abortion is a form of assassination: link.

Those who support abortion were born.

Okay truefusion, then POST the Scriptures that speak SPECIFICALLY about the wrongness of abortion. As I recall, you were against the death penalty as well, even though I provided Scripture that shows Judaic law SUPPORTS it. Your turn to make your case Scripturally here, as I did on the death penalty debate.Saying that the Bible speaks out against abortion is one thing, PROVING it is what's required of you. As for my ignorance of the Word, that is something you have yet to prove. But I think my college professors might disagree, as they saw fit to issue me a Doctorate of Divinity!Ball's in your court!~

Okay truefusion, then POST the Scriptures that speak SPECIFICALLY about the wrongness of abortion. As I recall, you were against the death penalty as well, even though I provided Scripture that shows Judaic law SUPPORTS it. Your turn to make your case Scripturally here, as I did on the death penalty debate.
Saying that the Bible speaks out against abortion is one thing, PROVING it is what's required of you. As for my ignorance of the Word, that is something you have yet to prove. But I think my college professors might disagree, as they saw fit to issue me a Doctorate of Divinity!

Ball's in your court!~

Here you go: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

From a link off your own link:

Period of origin and circulation: we do not know the original text of the Apocalypse of Peter.

Sorry, but none of MY Bibles mention the book 'Apocalypse of Peter'... I'm not aware of any that do. It's not even in the Geneva, which is widely regarded as the most complete translation. So the best you can do is a passage from a book which cannot even be verified to be part of the Bible? Last I checked, all of my references were from ACCEPTED TRANSLATIONS. You're reaching, my friend. Try again.

Saying that the Bible speaks out against abortion is one thing, PROVING it is what's required of you. As for my ignorance of the Word, that is something you have yet to prove.

And have STILL yet to prove, since the reference you make is not even FROM the Bible, but from an unverified manuscript of dubious origin. Even the website it was quoted on only gives its reliability a 2 of a possible 5. Come on, surely you can do better than this?

Sorry, but none of MY Bibles mention the book 'Apocalypse of Peter'... I'm not aware of any that do. It's not even in the Geneva, which is widely regarded as the most complete translation. So the best you can do is a passage from a book which cannot even be verified to be part of the Bible? Last I checked, all of my references were from ACCEPTED TRANSLATIONS. You're reaching, my friend. Try again.

I knew you were gonna use the excuse similar to: "It's not in the Bible, so i don't have to believe it". You do realise, just cause it's not in the Bible doesn't mean it's false. I am well aware of why people didn't include such things in the Bible, but most reasons are just flawed.

And have STILL yet to prove, since the reference you make is not even FROM the Bible, but from an unverified manuscript of dubious origin. Even the website it was quoted on only gives its reliability a 2 of a possible 5. Come on, surely you can do better than this?

You haven't noticed that some things that are in the Bible have a reliability of 2/5. And i hear that, some letters that were included in the NT were somewhat dubious, but still got included, because it seemed like the person's writing.
My proof still stands.
Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

The works of Anton LaVey aren't in the Bible either...because they were not intended to be...just as your 'Apocalypse of Peter' was not intended to be. But I am shocked to see you express disbelief in the INSPIRED WORD OF GOD. If the Bible is only 2/5ths reliable, then it could not have come from God, who is perfect, and 'wrote' the Bible through His Divine inspiration. By claiming the Bible is only 2/5ths reliable, you call the entire Bible a lie. Either it is all true, or it is all a lie. You can't have it both ways. No true Christian would doubt the truth of the Bible as you have. We are also instructed not to add or take away from the words of the Bible, as you have attempted to do here. You only succeed in proving my point...that there is NO BIBLICAL SUPPORT for abortion, in and of itself,being wrong. You can try to fall back on the 'murder is murder' defense, but then you would need to have conclusive proof of when 'life' begins, and that takes us into the realm of science, not the Bible.I still await proof. So far I have speculation, questionable evidence, and excuses.

The works of Anton LaVey aren't in the Bible either...because they were not intended to be...just as your 'Apocalypse of Peter' was not intended to be. But I am shocked to see you express disbelief in the INSPIRED WORD OF GOD. If the Bible is only 2/5ths reliable, then it could not have come from God, who is perfect, and 'wrote' the Bible through His Divine inspiration. By claiming the Bible is only 2/5ths reliable, you call the entire Bible a lie. Either it is all true, or it is all a lie. You can't have it both ways. No true Christian would doubt the truth of the Bible as you have. We are also instructed not to add or take away from the words of the Bible, as you have attempted to do here. You only succeed in proving my point...that there is NO BIBLICAL SUPPORT for abortion, in and of itself,being wrong. You can try to fall back on the 'murder is murder' defense, but then you would need to have conclusive proof of when 'life' begins, and that takes us into the realm of science, not the Bible.
I still await proof. So far I have speculation, questionable evidence, and excuses.

You're placing words in that i haven't even said. I didn't say the ENTIRE Bible is wrong. I didn't even say the Bible is wrong. I'm not the one taking away anything. Also, I never said it was Biblical; my proof. I said it was scriptural. You're right it's not Biblical, but that doesn't mean it's false. My proof still stands.

Either the Bible is ALL right, or it is not the work of a PERFECT GOD. By saying the Bible is 2/5 reliable, you take the position that SOME of the Bible is wrong. You have offered NO BIBLICAL PROOF. I can produce SCRIPTURES to support any argument. But you still have not shown me anything to support Biblical opposition to abortion. And since the Bible is the WORD OF GOD, you have not shown that God is against it. You can claim your 'proof' still stands until you're blue in the face, that doesn't make it so. Perhaps you should come up with some RELIABLE proof, or rethink your debate. Because you're clearly grasping at straws.

I've seen a few views on abortion here and there and I think some are good points that I would like to mention.

well, i voted for abortion and that is where my belief stands ONLY because i feel a women has a right to her own body.

although i voted for because of the above, all my other reasoning leads to against. although i feel a woman has a right to her own body, a human being doesn't have the right to kill another human being or the potential of a fully/partially developed human being.

if i believe we live and then we die.....without any purpose in life but living, then i would be all for abortion in ever sense of the word, but i believe everyone has a purpose and everyone's purpose is different. to kill a human being is to kill potential and purpose. you take away something in this world that could have been more important than the negativity we see today in this world.

kill a fetus because one was raped? BLAH! a child deserves to live no matter what conditions it came to be. this child is not at fault nor is it guilty of any crime yet some are so quick to judge and end a life. this life deserves to be loved and nuertured just like any other.

now 99% of the people out there have children for selfish reasons so it doesn't surprise me why some are so quick to kill a child for selfish reasons. when a child comes in to this world, it doesn't have a choice. it was predetermined and the choice was made for him wether the pregnancy was planned or not. we bring children in to a cruel world, but this world can also be positive in how we raise this child to adulthood so this adult now can be productive and/or to teach others in a positive way.

so why did i vote for abortion if i personally am against? because under the scenario of rape it's a catch 22 for some people. damned if you do and damned if you don't and i will always refuse to be the judge under that circumstance. i will give the benefit of the doubt to the woman to make the proper decision over her own body and whatever is inside it.

all this bible talk makes me sick. no 1 religion holds all truth and the bible is not the authority on all things. we all were born with a mind and a brain. i suggest everyone start using it without having to be a follower within your own insecurities and how you were raised in the home. i see the extreme it can lead to from the teaching in the home. from the bible fanatics who preach goodness straight from 1 book, to the kkk who raise their children to hate anyone who isn't WHITE. man, use your brains people! it's ok to seperate yourself from the crowd or even question things...

i'm against abortion, except in extreme cases like raping or something.it's killing an unborn child, which is still murderif people choose to have pre-marital sex, and not pay for the consequences, well, that's their problemproLIFE

I am against abortion in every single circumstance except when the mother's life is at risk. It's better than to lose one than two, I know it's a pretty twisted way of looking at it...but it's true.

if people choose to have pre-marital sex, and not pay for the consequences, well, that's their problem proLIFE
proLIFE

Agreed and Agreed.

HI milk ,Nice topic to begin with. This is a topic that is so old and still has no answer to it. First of all Iam for it and against it. Like the many of you have given above If the girl was raped or if it is an unwanted child then I dont mind but If it it like female foeticide then Iam totally against it....Its again a look on perspective and as for the part that whether it is murder or not Well the zygote is nothing but a bundle of "living" cells so I guess it is murder but heck we kill so many lives like that for example, the simple virus.But if the mother or child are at risk... Would you save ? the mother or child. Sometimes the family chooses the chimd for the mother is too far to pull back, Sometimes the mother is chosen for the belief is that she can have children again in the future.......Well It is the woman and her family and friends live with the guilt of abortion whether planned or not ? I mean I have seen couples where thehusband/wife does not want it so the child is aborted and one or the other feels guilty about the operation.Cheers,

Edited by velma (see edit history)

I am 100% pro CHOICE

Why?

Because yes at certain time the fetus is a child. But when do we determine that? What if you wanted an abortion in 3 days after you became pregnant? What about 2, 1, or 122? Is there a time limit? I would say third trimester. I mean when its actually a baby. there is no one here that would say, don't masterbate because its murder? So when is the sperm a baby? The INSTANT it's inside a vagina? How are you going to say what is right and wrong? Not to mention if your in America/USA i HIGHLY disagree with bringing religion into it. Seperation of Church and State is a great thing, when people actually follow it. Because of all these IF's i say let the mother choose.

Fact: When they legalized abortion the crime rate went down dramatically. I really dont feel like typing the ENTIRE thing of why, but if people do not believe me then I will. The jist of the reason however is that people were having kids they didnt want and were not good parents if parents at all. Abortion = less unwanted children. Unwanted children = problem children.

if people choose to have pre-marital sex, and not pay for the consequences, well, that's their problem

This actually makes me mad. What the hell does that supposed to mean? People are married and still dont want children. It's not like you get married and BAM. Hell yah! I want children! I'm sorry but ignorant responses make me frustrated when a topic can be so much more influential to people choices. Then people make statements which make no valid sense at all. Have you ever thought people dont want to get married, but want children? Have you ever though people are not in the same religion as you? Have you ever thought people are married, but dont want children? Have you ever thought of rape? Any of those things? You should try to be more open minded when making such bold statements.
Edited by BooZker (see edit history)