xisto Community
Milk

Abortion : For Or Against Abortion? Share ur views on ABORTION?

ABORTION : For or Against Abortion? - tell ur views regarding Abortion  

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is my opinion..

Abortion : For Or Against Abortion?

Abortion is murder! no matter what, a child in the woom of it's mother is still a living thing, and born in the you.S. As a person you are entitled to all of your rights... Disregarding of age. If a women is not ready for the commitment of a child then she should not put herself in a position where she knows that it may be possible to conceive a child. Rape, and inscest are different but in any other case it is just plain wrong, you are taking the life of someone away. Which regarding to the 5th and 14th amendment is unconstitutional, aginst the law, its homicide it's murder.

-reply by heyoh!

I would vote for and only under EXTREME circumstances, I.E the child will die 1-2 weeks after birth, the baby was made from rape, it was an accident from a split condom where emergency failed or it was under aged, with them been careful.

In the old testament, god says if a man shall strike a woman causing her to lose her child he shall pay a fine. But if the woman dies, a life for a life.Clearly, the christian god places little value on the unborn, so the entire religious "I'm a Christian" argument is baseless.A fetus is nothing. It doesn't have the right to bear arms, or freedom of speech, or any other rights. Abortion is a tragedy for the woman. Not for the fetus. Religious people are trying to use the govt. to enforce a religious law, not even supported by their religion, on the rest of society, which violates the constitution, which Bush called "that goddamn piece of paper".Abortion is sad, but I don't want to tell others what to do with their genitals, so long as they're not hurting anybody.

In the old testament, god says if a man shall strike a woman causing her to lose her child he shall pay a fine. But if the woman dies, a life for a life.Clearly, the christian god places little value on the unborn, so the entire religious "I'm a Christian" argument is baseless.

Although, I am not super familiar with that area of scripture (though I do vaguely remember it), its quite clear that Jewish Law wasn't always in line with what God says is right. If my memory serves me correctly, God never gave that decree, rather it was made by man.

Although... thats as best as I can remember...

I've seen a few views on abortion here and there and I think some are good points that I would like to mention.

Some people are against abortion because they say it's murder. When you contort and say it's not murder, they retort and say that just because it's an egg and a sperm does not mean it's not human.

<span style='color:gray'>I believe that is somewhat false because murder is the unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice. This which states a human killing another human. If I recall correctly, a human is a homosapien with a heart, a brain, and other necessary organs in order to function, as a human. If an egg and a sperm happen to make up those necessary parts in order to make up a human, then you'll have lost me there. Of course, this could come off as close-minded but....</span>

Other people are against abortion, claiming that if a girl was raped, she would then have the option of aborting. I take this into consideration because of the fact that if I was raped, I know I would definately not want to have a child which reminded me of a horror of my past. There is also the scenario where the girl is not ready and was, dumb enough if you need, to go and make a stupid decision. There are other confounding factors such as money, time, and the ability to give your child a healthy birth/whatever. If you didn't have any of these, the child could be put up for adoption, or be abandoned.

I hope I don't sound close-minded, I'm not trying to impose my ideas on you, just trying to stir something for an intelligent argument/debate if you will. =)

abortion is murder and it should be outlawed i dont know why anybody would want to have an abortion if you dont want kids dont open your legs and guys use a rubber i meen come on if dont want the kid then put it up for adoption dont have an abortion

Why should god have a say in your choices is my arguement, he "gave" free will" for a reason... and it's not like he has to carry a baby for 9 months, then give birth which to be honest sounds painful though neither being female or pregnant I can't say what it is like!

abortion is murder and it should be outlawed i dont know why anybody would want to have an abortion if you dont want kids dont open your legs and guys use a rubber i meen come on if dont want the kid then put it up for adoption dont have an abortion

No it isn't. the laws are you can't abort after the date when babies can be born in a reletivly okay state, before then it may as well be dead!
Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)

Apathetic

Abortion : For Or Against Abortion?

I just have one thing to say. I'm not going to say that abortion is wrong, nor acceptable. That's not for me to decide. But people consider themselves so lucky for being born into a country known for its freedom of speech and freedom of religion (USA). So anyone who is using their religion as the backbone of their anti abortion debate is assuming that everyone in America is either religious or should be held accountable for someone else's religious beliefs, which neither are the case. I am a Christian but I realize that not everyone is. If I were to try to impose my beliefs on everyone that would be un-american. So if you are going to argue anti abortion, that's fine, but please do not use your religion to back you up.

-reply by yerLITTLEchica

I understand if you are raped and you want an abortion but if you are too young other wise to have a baby then you are too young to take that chance.-reply by Too Young

I think abortion is wrong after about 16 or so weeks because after say 24 weeks as the law is putting in place for it to be illegal the baby is already developing and would most likely to be alive if it was born then. I am in year 11 and I am doing an oral presantation on the abortions and my oppinion on it and if any one has good points to put across for me to use it would be in great thanks :D

abortionAbortion : For Or Against Abortion?

I think that the word abortion is something that really makes a person think twice before having sex. I am pretty young and I even know that in the back of my mind I know that thousands of babies are dieng everyday. It reallly is heart wrenching.My reason for commenting today is because I just got off the site goolge and I was looking at photos and short articles on abortion and I litereally was sick.Do you know some ways they kill the preciouse babies? I read that they piosin the baby then the mother delievers a dead baby a little after or they basically vaccum the baby out or they send a knife up the path and cutt it into pieces. I don't have any respect for the people that willingly let so called docters kill a living breathing child that has my owm flesh and blood  before me ...Its murder. You shouldnt kill gods creations...Its wrong...Humans shouldnt kill others humans...And yes even unborn babies are humans for if we create them why would we spend money killing them? I know God would be against abortions that arent 100% needed. I know this because he is the one that put them there in the first place.Adoption has its ups and downs but it will always be a better option then abortion. Now tell me one thing have you  ever seen a dead baby ? or better yet have you ever been the reason that,that baby had died an unforgiving death?

-reply by anjala

hey everyone, been reading the debate youve got going on here.

Personally I believe abortion to be a controversial issue, one decision is not going to be fair for both sides. But in the circumstance when the baby is not wanted, I believe it is wrong. Todays society defines death as when the persons heart stops beating.

Therefore, doesn't life begin when the heart begins beating?

This makes abortions done after the heart has begun to beat are murder. But if the mother will be injured or killed, this is another issue altogether. Yes, it is killing a child, but in todays society the mothers life is more valued. I don't like the way that sounds, but that is the way it is today.

-reply by Charlotte

AbortionAbortion : For Or Against Abortion?

If you look at Abortion, Its just a word.  If you look at the Act, its just an act.  Abortion is neither Right nor Wrong if the world was without religion or civility. 

But, if I had to decide if Abortion is right or wrong in todays day in age I would have to say yes and no.  First off when do you consider that child to be human?  Conception of when all body part function to survive outside the womb.

I believe abortion to be wrong when I deals with women making dumb decisions.  If Abortion is allowed like it is today with only few restrictions how does that make women's role in the world look.  (Poor at making right decisions and that in turn lowers their status)  I know when I hear of someone I know having an abortion I lose a little respect for that person.

But, If a women is raped and had no decision to have a child then sure have an abortion.

I am a logical thinker and does it make sense to me that a women aborts a life because of her bad decisions?  No, I does not.  Women need to be smart with sex.  In reality sexual intercourse is the process for conception and by purposely blocking it is wrong.

-reply by RyanfromWisconsin

..I'm against in abortion!.. Damn!.. I'm pro-life....Its not because its a mortal sins!. But because this is the way that you give a new life.. Some people thats deliver a new life is once in a blue moon for them.. And absolutely thats right!,,. And even you don't like to have a baby and your not yet ready for the new life,, thats your obligation to face on what you did.. Although there is a case that you raped.. And then thats not the reason that you abort the baby or said fetus.. ,coz their is some other way that you can make in your baby after you deliver on it.. You can adopt, or find an foster parents for them.. Theirs a couple whos willing to adopt for unwanted child or baby.. Then thats your option,for not aborting baby.. Ryt?..Hehe.. I hope it make sense.. Ahaha....But.. Thats my opinion as a pro-life!,, Gods speed!...Ehm_mah18

For or Against Abortion?Abortion : For Or Against Abortion?

I do not believe in abortion, for the following reasons:

There are really three people involved here. The mother, the father and the child. If the mother was raped, or simply finds it inconvenient to have a child, that is not the child's fault. That child has a right to life. I think it is the mother's responsibility to have the child; then she may give it up for adoption. Or give it to the father, if he wants it and is responsible enough to properly raise a child. 

And, don't go splitting hairs with the argument of  'when' life starts. The fact is, once the sperm is released, if nothing is done to interfere with the normal course of events, a child will result.

It behoves the adults, therefore, to exercise due care and attention, and to take responsibility for their action; not make an innocent third party pay.

-reply by gwendolyn ram

Just sayin. Abortion : For Or Against Abortion?

I totally agree with byrdhouse.

I do think that abortion is murder. It is an incent baby and with abortion what are you doing?.. Killing the baby! I think it is wrong. And if people don't like they got prego maybe they should have thought before the opened there legs.. Just sayin. And also.. How can you not be hurt by abortion.. You have no heart.. What if your parents got an abortion on you. You would not be here today, and living your life and having the friends you do.  Every single baby that has been killed could of had an amazing life.. that baby could of grown up and could have been the next great athlete or even president!! But NO. You killed an incent child because you are a selfish human with no heart. '_'  

-reply by TrueSayer.