xisto Community
Wynter

Do You Believe In Astrology? The Personality part or The Futeure

One day, I received a Phone call from the editor in chief of the magazine I write for asking me to write the astrology section because the section's writer was sick. I didn't care alot for astrology before, but for me to write this section, I had to study what astrology is..

As I read more.. and dive deeper inside that strange space, as I see Aries fighting with Aries and The Scorpion in love with The Cancer, I start to believe more and more in that astrology thing. Astrology really reflects the personality things, giving a blurry but kind of truth full one..

so what about the future one?.. I have a belief that nobody can ever see future, unless he\she has enough luck and logic to know what will happen tomorrow MATHEMATICALLY.

So I do Believe in the Astrological Personality thing.. but future.. well.. That's too hard .

So..

Do you believe in Astrology? Which Part of Astrology do you believe more ?

The Personality one Or The Future one ? and Why ?

I do not believe it in as such.. But some of them are scientific... which even if i do not believe, i think its nice to have these things and so some things based on these. So, most of the time i tend to ignore all of them, but in cases where they are insisted by my family, i do not resists, but do it for the sake of doing it.

..... Astrology really reflects the personality things, giving a blurry but kind of truth full one..

so what about the future one?.. I have a belief that nobody can ever see future, unless he\she has enough luck and logic to know what will happen tomorrow MATHEMATICALLY.

So I do Believe in the Astrological Personality thing.. but future.. well.. That's too hard .

So..

- No I don't believe neither of them , personality or Future One.

- I wander how people who persuading existence of God, believes in such these things.

- All these horoscope is for fun no more.

- Exactly what nowdays some collecty collect mobile phone numbers by asking people to sms them your name and your lover name to tell you whatever you are perfect couple. All they do harvest people mobile number and sell them.

- I wander what your name what u didn't chose do with matching you with your perfect mate. Who will hear the advice. nobody because it is nonsense.

- What effect you to born in August or October?

You may have well asked the question do you believe in something based on absolutely no fact or actual explanation, no I do not beleive in it because it is wrong, it doesn't exist because it is impossible that a planet will affect you when earth is a planet and there is millions of planets over the whole galaxy, they don't fight they just orbit each other and the sun, forever end of , if you believe it and for this example I will say it "you are WRONG"

Let me inform you all astronomy stood up first in ancient india... India was the mother land then for the science.... Do you all know.. the histroy and avidences suggest that even in india civilization started off and science came up .. al the vedic science which is stil uder neath we dont know much... You know the other parts of world peoples led their life in jungle like animals.... So now its suggest that india was the land for the birth of science and modern tecnnology...But the time dint want it.. So it was kept all under neat now... many scientist are finding out...Same way the astrology is a pure science from india.... Even indians still now work and calulte future according to the stars.. it really has meaning.. But is u want to know the trust and understand this vedic indian science you really have to go into deap in vedic indian science.. you will not believe what you wuld be reading...Even the size of atom was calculated in that time in india where those days all the other part human where in jungle... and that is te accurate value still recent moder tech could not find it.. Still we too dont know how would those have calculted that thing.. Really they were great. hats off to them and their generation...

Astrology is just a good way for Astrologers to make a lot of money. I mean how could stars or planets or constellations affect your personality? I think it's all just a big scam.

I don't believe in astrology.To me it just seemstoo abstract to have any effect at all.I feel theimmediate circumstances around us(i.e family,money,environement) are the factors that affect and influence us directly.As the saying goes,the world doesn't turn unless you turn it.

Edited by networker (see edit history)

No, I don't believe in astrology, though I read horoscope just for fun sometimes :P

I agreee w/ networker said, the world doesn't change unless you try to do something about that and things can't be influenced by nothing else than you and your environment which surrounds you.

It just tries to be a science, when infact it doesn't have any connection to it.

One day, I received a Phone call from the editor in chief of the magazine I write for asking me to write the astrology section because the section's writer was sick. I didn't care alot for astrology before, but for me to write this section, I had to study what astrology is..

As I read more.. and dive deeper inside that strange space, as I see Aries fighting with Aries and The Scorpion in love with The Cancer, I start to believe more and more in that astrology thing. Astrology really reflects the personality things, giving a blurry but kind of truth full one..

So..

Yes, somewhat. It's not a ritual or anything, I don't need to read my horoscope daily, or even every year for that matter. I am a virgo by the way. I believe in the personality one because I see certain signs with the similar traits. For example: Alot of people say that virgos are mean and reserved, I find that to be true because everyone I came across, including myself, was mean and reserved. But when I read about virgos, astrology makes us out to be so boring, which is the farthest thing from the truth. Neat freaks, germophobes, hypochondriacs, among other things. For one thing I am not a neat freak. If I am neat about anything it is mostly with my appearance, well groomed, but as far as cd's in chronological order, socks color cordinated, I don't think so. Alot of that stuff is just *BLEEP* but there is some truth to some of it with all signs, in my opinion. Most pisces are very sloppy thinkers, and materialistic (no offense to anyone that is a pisces), leos are compulsive liars and gamblers, scorpios are jealous, sensitive, and freaky, sags are very free and friendly with EVERYONE as well as a flirt. This is my experience with dealing with them. NOTE: NOT ALL OF THE SUNSIGNS ARE LIKE THIS! So no one take offense. Just the ones I have encountered.

i like astrology, it gives some fantasy depth to life, and gives me something to talk about other than the weather with new people i meet, speacially girls and young people who lead healthy lives and are into yoga, the mayan calendar etc. but i don?t bring it up in the engineering circles because boys there will not hesitate in calling you an idiot because of the insignificant effect any gravitational body or their radiation would do to us on earth being so far away. anyway i have been looking into vedic astrology and birth stars, and up until today i believed i was an anuradha because some aspects of it makes sense, i do encounter a lot of problems, and im sort of optimistic. but today i dlded this nakshatra program and it told me i was a jyeshtha person wich made much more sense because i consider myself a meanie and i do waste a lot of my time, anyways bottom line is, astrology is something so broadly described that anybody can relate to the characteristics of a given archetype, i can read my horoscope to you and you might identify right away, or carry that thought with you until something of that kind happens, therefore making it premonitory. it?s so generalistic.

In psychology classes you will learn that astrology to tell about a person's personality is completely fake. Everything that is put in the papers regarding how you are based on your birthdate/year is generalized. It's written to where you could choose another sign other than your own and still get the same "wow, that's really me" feeling to it.

I generally believe that space has some affect on us, planets, moons, stars and other stuff, I am talking in perspective of physics, even though it's not fully understandable nor did I read about it to much, but I believe that something happens to us while it's night or day, full moon or etc. due to gravity and other effects, so I guess I generally believe in astrology, but I don't believe in most of our current astrologers, all those witches and stuff who can tell a lot about you, it's all for the money and it's in some way their work, some people are confused, sometimes going to get to know about you just gives you some positive emotions, on which you rely.Even though it seems that those persons really sometimes do some amazing stuff, same for magicians, but personally I think it's only tricks, psychology and nothing more, even though it may look amazing. Also horoscopes, they are written generally to fit everyone, and when you read it, you generally think about yourself and imagine things, create things in your head and you think it's amazing, there are lets say lots of scorpions, they all are reading the same horoscope for that day, most of them imagines quite different things, but I also think that sometimes it fun just to read them, because of boredom..Also, if some witch will say "you're going to die on 2045" you'll think about that all your live and you really might do it, or lets even worse she will say "You'll never have a happy live with love or a women" so generally if you will believe in it, it might be true if you'll always remember it, because if you'll think that *BLEEP* she told you, you may really never be happy, because when you'll be, you won't think you're happy, something like that, the idea is quite clear, it all depends on the person himself.

Long long ago ,astrology is a good way for people to make a lot of money,and people respect them.But, I think it's just a big scam.There has none scientific principle in it, astrology just use their glip tongue to deceive fatuous or curious people ,i think so!Good luck to you! :D

I personally don't believe in astrology. To start with, the position of the various constellations is today different from what it was when astrology was "founded" or created. So maybe you're supposed to be Capricorn and you're Sagittarius indeed. Also, there's so much complication now with ascendants and all that.I once heard that if you listen to the description of the people of any zodiac sign and think about it, you'll see that you are much like what they're describing, because they talk about characteristics of people in general, things that anybody can have regardless of his/her sign.If horoscopes were true I'd be millionaire by now!!!

Astrology is total bunk. The notion that Earth's very insignificant movement in relation to extra solar objects affects anything is simply illogical. I will give an example I had posted previously elsewhere.

Let's look at the facts for a moment. Selecting the first constellation that comes to mind is Taurus. The nearest star in Taurus is about 45 light years away. The brightest is 65 light years away and the fourth brightest is 417 light years away. For the sake of example I will use the closest star 10 Tauri at 45 light years away. Also to simplify let us pretend the star in question is on a flat plane with that of out solar system, (it isn't). So the star is 45 light years from ours, the Sun. That comes out to 425,732,871,266,136 Kilometers.
Next lets look at Earth. Out planet is about 149,597,870,691 kilometers from the sun. We can round that up to a tidy 150 million. Since we are pretending that earths orbital plane and and 10 Tauri line up that gives us a maximum variance of 300 million Km.

So if you do the math Earth would only vary in distance from 10 Tauri less than 1 one-millionth of the total distance. By comparison saying the tiny distance variance between the two bodies is very much like trying to read a sign 1 kilometer away then moving 1 millimeter closer to see better.

I originally made that statement in response to someone stating "energy" from other constalations affected us somehow.

Sorry I have never seen any study indicate that gravity of any sort affected human behavior in any way. Even the Full moon myth where even typically logical people will swear that people are weirder, more violent or whatever during full moons seems to be a case of fitting the evidence to a predetermined result.

Astrology is total bunk.

Oh so true. It is only good for a laugh or two in the paper in the morning but that's it. I never have trusted what they said. And I bet if you was to pick a date and read your horrisope for that day and then look back at that same day say 2 yrs back it would be the same word for word. Talk about spamming. They are a joke.