xisto Community
Wynter

Do You Believe In Astrology? The Personality part or The Futeure

Nah, I don't really believe in Astrology. Well I would like to explain my point of view. Astrology is that kind of science that seems to predict your future. I am a fan of the reallity based phrase, that: "the best way to predict your future is to create it". We cannot know our future but we still can work to make it visible in the horizon or skyline, which means we can determine or choose our destiny where do exist decisions to take. So decisions determine your future. Second thing aboout astrology, is religious point. According to Islamic laws astrology is prohibited, why is this??. According To Islamic religion people in this world tent to connect with jinns( creatures living in our world that we can't see). This jinns go up in the sky and hear angels taking, and they come back and reveal what they heard to human beings connected to them. But jinns are creatures that tent to cheat, and so they mix cheating and what they heard from angels and this becomes astrology. This is why when you read your horoscope some of things come real or become reality, but in general most of the statings are false.So best way to me is to stay away from this things as you could become obsessed and nothing comes good from that. This astrologists seek for money and that is the bad and doubtful things. Good luck.

Do you believe in astrology?Do You Believe In Astrology?

I was aware of astrology, but never tried it until I thought to give it a try.Astrology is based on alot of mathematical calculations of the planets. Basically its a guideline on what is to happen in the future and call also reveal your past and present. This universe is full of so many treasures and great phenomenal that we choose to ignore because of ignorance and it because it sounds stupid.When Christ was born , what foretold his forth coming to the wisemen. It was the STAR(astrological).

Astrology is an ancient science, as compared to what we have as modern science. I also believe that modern science have now proven that  the moon triggers certain moods and behaviour to humans or life. What have been in existence in the earliest of time, modern science have now proved it after so many centuries.

I have had my astrology read by more than one astrolgers, to test it myself to see if its true and believe it or not they all give the similar reading of , finance, eduction, health , love life , etc. It's all a guide to one's future to reach their destination ,just as a map is a guide from one's source to destination. 

I was once ignorant just like everyone else(we are all ignorant at different wavelenghts), but with a little knowledge and experience I have the greatest respect for spiritually and ancient teaching/principles.

-reply by Lady

In India, astrology means "predicting the future and if anything adverse is noticed, suggest ways to resolve it so that everything stays good and progress towards the positive side".I personally feels that this is a baseless concept. Astrology was originally Astronomy in ancient India. People knew that the position of stars are of vital importance in predicting, or more precisely calculating, the rainy season and this adjust their agriculture accordingly. As the financial future of a man and his family depends on the yields of his farms, there is an indirect relationship between Astrology and personal future. Other than that, it might be of importance in navigation and studies related to the astral bodies like earth, sun etc.Much later, this became a blind belief here. Now Astrologers in different names and forms, are everywhere in the country and they are making a good fortune out of this business. Of course, many of them are knowledgeable about the books that deals with the subject but what is the use of a book that deals with baseless principles?In my opinion, astrology is a joke, comparable to a funny television show.

Dear friend here I would want to state I am also interested a lot in astrology and regularly people contact me for predictions etc. But I believe the personality section more because the future concept of astrology depends upon many other factors also so just on the basis of astrology we can't state or predict one's perfect future. If we mix up psychological reading with astrology then we can predict in a good manner.

Dear friend here I would want to state I am also interested a lot in astrology and regularly people contact me for predictions etc. But I believe the personality section more because the future concept of astrology depends upon many other factors also so just on the basis of astrology we can't state or predict one's perfect future. If we mix up psychological reading with astrology then we can predict in a good manner.

"What you think, you become"

If you relate astrology with psychology or psychoanalysis, you may predict personality predictions with relatively higher accuracy. But, I think, if you don't mix astrology with psychology, you can make these predictions even better.

I am not against any field of human endeavor but only holds that they should be used for the benefit of the society at large, either physically or psychologically.

"What you think, you become"

If you relate astrology with psychology or psychoanalysis, you may predict personality predictions with relatively higher accuracy. But, I think, if you don't mix astrology with psychology, you can make these predictions even better.

I am not against any field of human endeavor but only holds that they should be used for the benefit of the society at large, either physically or psychologically.

i also agree in that philosophy that what you expect to happen will eventually happen.

So i think for those who invest all their faith in astrology, it will work just the way they believe it will. As for me, i don't pay much attention to it. I find it difficult to believe my life could be the same as at least a million of this world's population, that is to say we'll all be happy at the same time or stumble into love at just about the same time basing on when we were born or some flip of a card.

I only check out mine when i've got nothing to do.

Astrology is not an exact science, its based on star movement and magical things. But if you'd say that you believe in medicine or science, still you're not totally complete because science or medicine cannot explain all of the things related to spiritual activity or soul, for example: science does not tell us anything about soul, so that this maybe is an argument of astrology or that astrology explains.

Hi!@WynterThe fact that the editor in chief of the magazine approached you to write the astrology column of the magazine when you did not really know all that much about astrology would make someone have less faith in the magazine's astrology section. I would think that they hire an astrologer to write the section (or at least get an astrologer to work with a journalist to write the section).I do, however, find the astrology section of newspapers and magazines to be surprisingly accurate. Though they are vague, they do seem to reflect happenings in people's lives. The fact that a statement can be true for so many different people must mean that there is something that science hasn't explained or discovered yet that affects our lives.

I wish that more people believed in astrology, namely my family. I feel like people could understand one another better if they knew each others signs because they would know why a person acts a certain way. For instance, my aunt is a Taurus and I am an Aquarius. She can't understand my free spirited, throw caution to the wind approach towards life. Tauruses are apart of the Earth sign clan along with Virgos and Capricorns. These are the most conservative of the zodiac bunch. They are serious about their money, planning and stability. Because I knew all this I am understanding of why my aunt is different from me and accept her for who she is. However, because she does not believe in astrology, all she can see in me is someone who is crazy, rebellious for no reason (according to her), and unpredictable. If only she knew that our signs inform our behavior and approach to life, then perhaps she could understand me better.

I don't think astrology can predict the future, although I do think it can affect certain behavior patterns of a person. Let's take me for example; I have done research on my Zodiac Sign, looked at the personalities the stars, moon and sun, etc. tell about me and ask people to compare the data that I have with what they've observed from me. I won't rant on too much, but the below data was gathered from research and from the interviews from close family and friends. From what I got, I am almost at an 80% compatibility rate with the following traits - emphasis on ALMOST.

I am a Pisces- my whole family is a water family, with my brother Riki being a fellow Pisces, my mother being a Gemini and my father and my sister being a Cancer. You may skip the next part of this post as it is merely about me being a Pisces and being born during the Year of the Rooster. Do forgive me; I have a very huge interest in these kinds of subjects. If you are a Pisces or if you were born during the Year of the Rooster, you may find the following paragraphs quite interesting.

The Astrological birth sign of Pisces (February 19 - March 20)

Is usually associated with being extremely creative, sensitive, and artistic, as well as a healthy fascination with the metaphysical and spiritual.

Well, my hobbies are drawing and writing, among other things. So it looks like that fits that description. Although I am rather doubtful on theology, I am rather superstitious (well more like paranoid with what you can't see).

Pisces are the most intuitive and spiritually developed of the zodiac birth signs.

Aptly called "old souls", Pisces thirst for spiritual knowledge and personal growth. They are the twelfth, and last, of the Zodiac signs, and as such, tend to have a more finely tuned intuition, sixth sense or extrasensory ability to perceive others feelings.

If you would consider my doubt on theological aspects a thirst for spiritual knowledge, then yes, that fits the bill. I don't think I can sense stuff though, or at least not yet.

The duality of the Pisces personality is best described as a constant ebb and flow,

back and forth, straddling the physical, material world and the ethereal, divine realm where Pisces vivid imagination, powerful intuition and creative daydreaming feel like home.

Daydreaming is my utter weakness.

Pisces are creators.

Pisces are common as inventors, writers, musicians, painters, and dancers. Pisces make great friends and mates. Pisces are extremely loyal and caring. Pisces often possess uncanny intuitive or psychic abilities.

Inventor, maybe? Writer, hell yes! Musician, meh... Painter, so-so. Dancer... let's not get there. Loyal and caring, I guess?

Pisces are sensitive, humane and often idealistic.

People born under this sign react emotionally to everything making them compassionate and sensitive to those around them. Rather than taking an analytical approach to life, Pisces react to the feelings of others and as a result can be very influential when they choose to be. In the right situation a Pisces can be capable of incredible deeds. The positive nature of a Pisces and the fact that they are tuned into the feelings of others makes them socially popular.

Emotional... *shifty eyes* But I guess this is true; I am rather sensitive to other people's emotions - sometimes TOO sensitive. Socially popular? No - I'm your typical wallflower in real life.

Being able to read and react to situations makes Pisces one of the most adaptive signs in the Zodiac.

They are very intuitive and as a result can be flexible and prosper in many different situations. The intuitive nature of Pisces also makes them a very creative and imaginative sign. Pisces are often artists, writers and dreamers. The strong intuition of a Pisces can also mean that they are very spiritual.

While I am a Pisces, I was also born during the Year of the Rooster:

People born in the Year of the Rooster are deep thinkers, capable, and talented. They like to be busy and are devoted beyond their capabilities and are deeply disappointed if they fail. People born in the Rooster Year are often a bit eccentric, and often have rather difficult relationship with others. They always think they are right and usually are! They frequently are loners and though they give the outward impression of being adventurous, they are timid. Rooster peoples emotions like their fortunes swing very high to very low. They can be selfish and too outspoken, but are always interesting and can be extremely brave. They are most compatible with Ox, Snake, and Dragon.

To be specific, I am a Water Rooster.

Water Rooster Years 1933 and 1993

Water has a calming effect on this Rooster. Water Roosters dont feel the need to rise above the crowd and their communication skills are more refined. Forever energetic and extremely detail-oriented, these Roosters can benefit from staying more focused on the end result rather than the minute details.

I love swimming, yes. I don't like attention, yes. I will talk if needed, yes. Energetic? No; lethargic is more like it. Detail oriented? A bit.

So, although it's not totally correct, it still has some interesting points. Who knew these kinds of things had interesting coincidences with real life? But I guess it's different with every person, huh?

For reading all that, here's a nice YouTube video that is very in topic. :DThat's Your Horoscope for Today

Astrology can be regarded as a science since it is developed after a lot of observations of heavenly bodies.
I beleave in astrology, in good sense.

Yes, astrology can be regarded as a scientific hypothesis (not a science, since it doesn't have a coherent area of study). As a scientific hypothesis it makes predictions which can be tested. The result of testing is that it doesn't have any validity at all.

Astrology is the process of making the general sound specific and hiding the sleight of hand with 'techical' talk which is actually complete bollox.

It tells you nothing about the future. What it does is provide a focus for consideration of a scenario and that very focus is what generates the supposed personal evidence. It is no different from the i-ching or reading tea-leaves or crystal-ball gazing - there is always a focus for the woo-woo - in the case of Astrology the focus is on a bunch of scientific-sounding terms which are actually just pseudo-scientific tooth-fairy science.

sorry, but comparing astrology to the tooth fairy or santa clause is just plain ridiculous.sure, i can probably come up with an astrology report on someone that could have everyone relating to it. in fact, those studies have already been made to try to disprove astrology. but in fact, those studies do not disprove astrology. it only proves that someone can make a report that can relate to the majority.to me, people who aren't open to the possibilities of the universe whether "proven" or "disproven" lead very shallow lives. is there some truth to astrology? i think so. i've read the general reports of the different signs and i can honesty say i don't fall under any of them except my own which has the most truth to it. does that prove there is truth to it? no. if i were to ask 100 people what my sign is, at least 25% would guess it correctly without thinking too hard on it. that figure is low considering more than half the people i ever met have guessed my sign who believe in astrology somewhat and know the general and specific characteristics of each sign. does this prove there is truth to astrology? NOPE! all in all though, from my personal experience and the experiences i've had with others, and the limited study i have personally done, i have to say without a shadow of a doubt that there IS truth to astrology even if it can't be proven.also, if the sun and moon can affect nature, which includes human nature, why not the planets and how they are aligned? to say there isn't a possibility to it is being very closed minded and with that limited mindset, it would be hard to actually believe in ANYTHING.now at the very LEAST, astrology gives the power of suggestion so it is more real to those who believe in it than not. i do highly believe in power of suggestion. if you wake up in a good mood, chances are, better things will happen to you that day. if you wake up in a bad mood, worse things will happen. so if someone is reading their daily horoscope(which i find more phony than anything else), they are embedding something in their head that they need to accomplish and chances are they WILL more likely accomplish it compared to if they didn't read their daily horoscope. but this is the VERY LEAST in what i believe. i believe STRONGLY that there is more to it.now even though i feel strongly that there is truth in astrology, i don't think we know enough about it to base it specifically in our every day lives. i think it should be used as a guide. take the good that relates to us individually, and throw out the bad that doesn't relate to us. astrology can actually be a good guide to most people to get to know what their strengths and weaknesses are and find a purpose in what one was born to do and incorporate what makes sense in your every day life. anyway, i can only talk from my personal experiences. everyone has their own. even the ones who don't give it much deep thought....just like anything else in their lives. they would rather believe it when they see it or not believe in it at all without the slightest possibility of knowing what is actually possible.

Well i think that astrology is generalized thing.When we read about it , it is always interesting to know your life or a day in brief or a hint before hand.Once u get too much indulged in the astrology u start believing everything.Too much of dependency on the thing is not proper and is controlling the person a lot.If a prediction proves correct , u start believing it more and more and want to know a lot about the future...I think the astrology is a science as well as people say.But their should not be a blind believe it.Person should depend on his acts more than on such predictions.Actions should be made with precautions.U can't rely on them completely

sorry, but comparing astrology to the tooth fairy or santa clause is just plain ridiculous.

No, it is quite factual.

sure, i can probably come up with an astrology report on someone that could have everyone relating to it. in fact, those studies have already been made to try to disprove astrology. but in fact, those studies do not disprove astrology. it only proves that someone can make a report that can relate to the majority.

They disprove that astrology has any meaning within the examples that they examined. Since you have no counter-studies to show that astrology DOES have any validity then it is safe to assume that the specific studies can be generalised.

to me, people who aren't open to the possibilities of the universe whether "proven" or "disproven" lead very shallow lives.

And to me, people who are prepared to believe any old nonsense without proper evidence are gullible twits.

is there some truth to astrology? i think so. i've read the general reports of the different signs and i can honesty say i don't fall under any of them except my own which has the most truth to it. does that prove there is truth to it? no. if i were to ask 100 people what my sign is, at least 25% would guess it correctly without thinking too hard on it. that figure is low considering more than half the people i ever met have guessed my sign who believe in astrology somewhat and know the general and specific characteristics of each sign. does this prove there is truth to astrology? NOPE!

That is just unsupported assertion. Show me some evidence that 1/4 of a good sample of people guess your star-sign correctly and it STILL does not say astrology works - it simply says that those people identify elements of your personality that conform to some particular statement of what one would expect from a particular star-sign. That is not a test of whether it works, since to do that you would need a sample of more than 1 person. It is quite possible that a particular Sagittarean (to take an example) may indeed appear to fit a general picture of what a Sagittarean is supposed to be like - and many will not do. This proves nothing.

all in all though, from my personal experience and the experiences i've had with others, and the limited study i have personally done, i have to say without a shadow of a doubt that there IS truth to astrology even if it can't be proven.

Without details of any such study then your opinion is just that - unsupported opinion.

also, if the sun and moon can affect nature, which includes human nature, why not the planets and how they are aligned? to say there isn't a possibility to it is being very closed minded and with that limited mindset, it would be hard to actually believe in ANYTHING.

Because of the fairly obvious reason that Astrology is based on fiction. The notion of planetary alignment depends on what you call a planet. Did astrology change when it was decided that Pluto is no longer a planet? Does astrology change as our measurement becomes more accurate?Besides which, the Sun and moon both have noticable effects from an objective point of view. We can measure light levels, tides, gravitational pull etc.
Notional alignments of planets have very little measurable effect - zero as a good first approximation.

now at the very LEAST, astrology gives the power of suggestion so it is more real to those who believe in it than not. i do highly believe in power of suggestion. if you wake up in a good mood, chances are, better things will happen to you that day. if you wake up in a bad mood, worse things will happen. so if someone is reading their daily horoscope(which i find more phony than anything else), they are embedding something in their head that they need to accomplish and chances are they WILL more likely accomplish it compared to if they didn't read their daily horoscope. but this is the VERY LEAST in what i believe. i believe STRONGLY that there is more to it.

Fine - placebo effect (power of suggestion) is very possible, but that doesn't mean there is any truth to it.

anyway, i can only talk from my personal experiences. everyone has their own. even the ones who don't give it much deep thought....just like anything else in their lives. they would rather believe it when they see it or not believe in it at all without the slightest possibility of knowing what is actually possible.

Whereas I can talk from the evidence of numerous properly conducted scientific studies. So what we have is numerous studies vs your opinion. And you think that believing the studies is ridiculous? Hmmm....