xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
YungOdo

Do You Ever Skip Class?

No I have not skipped class. But on several occasions the teacher has forgot to attend the class and we waited in an empty classroom talking to mates, till the bell for the next period went. Thats a whole 65 minutes :P

ya i do skip class or scholl to have fune with the frinds . we all friends gather together and decde how to skipp our school or class.i like to skip the class , bnecause it is very very boring to stud the subject which has no meanig of its own.i usewly skip the school or class along with my girfriend also. we both run away from the class or school

never in highschool because it was so nervewreckeing for me to do so ahhawe had little officers in golf carts routing around the school, and the principals and cops walking aroundchecking to see if you had hall pasesthe worse thing you do was ditch to the bathroombut i mean we had block periods 2-3 hour classes. for any of you that dont knowhahahaand i mean.. unless you ditch with 2 or more people to the bathroom, the bathroom is not that fun hahahas for college, i deffenetly ditch my classes now and then, when we arent doing much, but it does not feel as good as it did ditching highschool, because in reality no one cares if you do as long as you pay hahaLOL idk im a smart kid, i can ditch and pull it off

I didn't skip class too much in highschool, except for when we had a substitute teacher, because then it was just too easy. We'd just sign out to go to the bathroom, but when we signed out we would write in a sign-in time too, and we wouldn't take the bathroom pass. This way, there was no real proof that we left the class other than if the substitute teacher checked the attendance sheet and took attendance for the second time to see which of the listed students were not present. But that was a healthy bet to take considering the fact that no one really ever does that... ever. And hey, I was never caught in physics... or calc....But in college it's different, the game's too easy. I don't go to any of my Calc II lectures because they don't take attendance there, and my Comp Sci class is alien to me, because again, no attendance. I try not to fall behind, which is why I'm ever grateful to online text books ;]

Skipping class is something of a challenge for some students. For me it's just part of my daily life! That doesn't mean I skip class daily but whenever the going gets too tough or I simply need a break I come out with my friends and do something worthwhile. All this seems good in college and there's no real damage as well. But I do agree that skipping classes at the school level itself isn't a healthy practice. School Days are golden days and not even one of them should me missed for any reason. That's what I think.....

Dear friends I should say here that I have never skiped the classes as my parents always solved any problems encountered in any subjects and due to I was never scared by any subject so no need to skip classes and moreover I realized the importance of regular classes for my future from the begining itself. And here I would like to suggest all you friends also that never go for such deeds of skiping classes etc. If you don't like any subject then I think you should learn more about that and not skip even the classes isn't it. Instead of skipping classes I used to torture my teachers with a lot of questions when I was not able to understand something in some subjects and at last I conquered so that's it dear friends. Here I should mention one more incedent here that once in Management class in my college days I remember I was the only student who was attending the class of that management professor and after some days I asked the professor "Sir no body is there in the class so what to do...." He said that if those who don't want to sit and I forcefully let them sit then they will make all sort of nonsense over here. Thats why I never force them to sit in the class and if you also don't want to attend then you are free to go dear. But I never skiped his class and studied in the college like attending a personal tuition class. :)

With regards to universities, I think most people have probably skipped a class at some point in time or another. I actually use to have instructors tell me when I could skip classes because nothing important was going to be discussed. (I was always really far ahead of what was currently being taught, however.)If you're in high school, though, or if you're just trying to skip class because you're bored and don't want to learn something, it's not only disrespectful to your parents, but it may come back and bite you later on when you need to understand those concepts in a higher education setting.Reference: I hold two master's degrees (one in business administration and another in management information systems).

Hi!Skipping class is not necessarily something bad. You might just have to prioritize things and sometimes a class just isn't it. I have had to skip class to finish an assignment from another class. On another occasion, the instructor gave me the option to skip class to prepare for the exam because I covered the topic of that class for a project and was well-versed with it. I have had classmates who had to skip class to participate in charity events so you could think of it as the greater good, but they did have to work harder to make up for not having attended the class.Many schools set policies on how many classes you can skip before you lose a grade or points. It builds in a sense of having a certain number to use so you can use them in the last week of class while you work on projects or prepare for exams.

Yes I have done this loads of time. Yes ok the school rules say not too but don't you think the teacher that wrote them skipped a few classes? I say rules are there are made the be broken. I usually skip Maths and French as I find the subjects so boring and dull. Though I have not skipped one class......... This year :P.

No I have not skipped class. But on several occasions the teacher has forgot to attend the class and we waited in an empty classroom talking to mates, till the bell for the next period went. Thats a whole 65 minutes :P

Lol same, we have a teacher who rarely comes to class, and even if he does, he walks out soon after.

Well, apart from that, I've never skipped class deliberately. Granted, I do procrastinate during every class, but I've never actually skipped class when I don't have any activities on.

I had one lab instructor who used to come late in lab and sometimes completely bunk the lab as well. It was different case here. As most of time students are the one who bunk the class. But here it was that instructor who used to bunk the class.

Hi!I am actually quite surprised that the teacher/instructor would come late to class or to the lab. It can be grounds for termination, if the students complained. Often, colleges and universities also have a policy that if the instructor is late by over fifteen minutes and there is no word of where the instructor is, the students can simply leave! Now, that's a rule in the students' favor! :-)

I am actually quite surprised that the teacher/instructor would come late to class or to the lab. It can be grounds for termination, if the students complained. Often, colleges and universities also have a policy that if the instructor is late by over fifteen minutes and there is no word of where the instructor is, the students can simply leave! Now, that's a rule in the students' favor! :-)

Nope. It happened many times and there was no point in complaining to higher authority cause it could backfire when it comes to lab exam and viva. That happened with some of the students in our class. So we simply stopped going against those instructors/professors.

In our institution things were different. Teachers and other authorities never followed any rule instead they made some of their own and played with it. We did whatever best we can do for it but at the end such incidence are there. So all we did is to get out of that institution as early as possible with some good grades. Even university and NAAC/AICTE got the hint about such behavior and issues of college but as college was owned by politician so they unable to do anything against it. So what students will do against them ? Nothing.

I can almost guarantee that this varies based on the level of instruction, as well. Masters classes, for example, are a lot more laid-back than undergraduate courses. Similarly, doctoral courses tend to be more laid-back than masters courses. This is usually the case due to the fact that as the education level goes up, the degree of professionalism and responsibility tends to increase as well.

Hi!
I am actually quite surprised that the teacher/instructor would come late to class or to the lab. It can be grounds for termination, if the students complained. Often, colleges and universities also have a policy that if the instructor is late by over fifteen minutes and there is no word of where the instructor is, the students can simply leave! Now, that's a rule in the students' favor! :-)