xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
YungOdo

Do You Ever Skip Class?

Once! And it was SUPER BORING and SUPER QUIET. And mind you, going home wasn't an option as I'd be sent right back to school again, so I hanged about in the park like a loser. Never did that again, stay in school, make some noise, let your tutor know what you're made of, that's what I did, and still do from this day on!

Oh, man, I was a terrible brat when I was in high school! I missed probably a third of my senior year. I'd go by the school in the morning and if I couldn't find anybody that wanted to skip out with me I'd go until lunch time and by then I'd find somebody else that wanted the afternoon off so I'd skip out of my afternoon classes. My mom had been real sick and in the hospital, and the school knew that sometimes I had to go home to take care of her, so there was never any danger to speak of as far as getting caught. My classes were all easy ones that year, and I never had any homework to do, so keeping up good grades was not even a problem. I was pretty ornery as a kid. Ok. I haven't really changed much. :P

Hi!@sheepdogI think skipping classes is not really much of a problem as long as you're able to keep up. If you're getting good grades, you are actually enabling the instructor to focus on those who are having a hard time getting the subject. I know of some instructor who actually let the bright students skip a couple of classes as a reward for doing well on tests or for already knowing what is being taught in class. @StrikeeI do sometimes think that it's easier to prepare for the exams when the material has already been covered in class, so you might want to try catching up on class for a term. If it works for you, it might actually make you less likely to skip class.

Skipping class intentionally is not a good thing to do, unless you have a very good reason for it. Generally, it means you miss out on the work and the things the teacher is teaching you, and you may also miss out on assignments or projects. Sometimes classes may be boring, or drab, but you still have to participate, even if it's sitting down and sleeping.I still don't like the idea of skipping class, and thus, I have never.

Skipping class intentionally is not a good thing to do, unless you have a very good reason for it. Generally, it means you miss out on the work and the things the teacher is teaching you, and you may also miss out on assignments or projects. Sometimes classes may be boring, or drab, but you still have to participate, even if it's sitting down and sleeping.
I still don't like the idea of skipping class, and thus, I have never.

I totally 100% agree with this.

Even though class is boring, dont skip it. You might miss out on important things your teacher is teaching, especially in math/science, and history.
As for english... I know how you feel. However this is pratically unavoidable.

I, personally, have never skipped class intentionally. My only excuses are important appointments (not made intentionally), check-ups, getting sick (such as the cold or the flu), and if I ever injure myself (hopefully not). :P

Skipping classes where too difficult for me in high school level. I higher secondary classes there were so many holy days and other programmes for fun so i dont need any day to be skipped. i college days i /we used to skipp second language class as it was so boring also the teacher was not so strict about attendance.