xisto Community
TypoMage

Death, If You Could See It Coming?

To know or no to know?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don?t want to know it, what is ok because I think there would never exist anything that predicts our future. Because future is the juxtaposition of too many things, some prepared, some casual and we just can?t know that we are gonna die if we catch this train or the next. And it?s ok this way, because if you knew that a marked day you are going to die you will pass the rest of your life anxious and stressed thinking that time is running out instead of just living like you want to.

If I know when and how I'm going to die, then I can try to change that.For example: if I know for a fact that I will be shot in the back of the head during a bank robbery at a certain bank on a certain day, then I won't go to that bank on that day, or anywhere close to that day. (Truthfully, I would probably NEVER go to that bank if I knew in advance that I was meant to die there).That would be cool and everything - being able to cheat death, at least temporarily (eventually old age will kill us all - or God will come back, one or the other). But, I believe that we die when it is our time to die. So, if I'm not blasted with a .45 round, then I will probably be run over by a speeding SUV. Or maybe I will be shot on that day, but at some other place.So...knowing in advance, as far as I'm concerned, wouldn't help me out very much. :P

Knowing when to die will destroy the very essence of being human.People will just kill anyone he wants, sin anytime he wants and ask for forgiveness before dying. That's very uncool!One of the reasons for not knowing death is to test men's faith. How would you prepare on something you can't see coming, sounds like faith ha?

I have no interest of knowing when I will die or how will I die or something like that.. even if somehow I know when I day, I won't be necessary to think it, just let it flow with the time, then face it when it comes.
well why should we affraid of death.. we can't run from it, so it's better to face it :P

I don't fear death. But if I find out by accident when I'm going to die, then I'd panic but not to the extreme that I commit crime. I will try to fulfill as much things as possible before that time happens.

Of course i want to know in which day i would possibly die, wouldn't you?I mean, don't you all want to live forever? Don't you all want to live, at least, for a very long time?I would want to know, of course.

Death comes to everyone. I figure if I die, it's gotta happen. BUT, on topic, I think I might want to know just before it happens, so I know it's going to happen soon, but not exactly when, where, or how. It'd drive me nuts if I knew anything about it too long before it happens.

I would say no,i wouldn't want to see my death coming or know when it is or how it will happen. I would rather let it come to me as a surprise over worrying about the fact that i know i am going to die by the knife of a friend for example, because after i found out i would die by the knife of a friend, i would not be able to trust any of my friends which is a big change.

I'm not sure if I would want to know. Maybe. Could be nice doing the stuff you would want to do before dying. Then tell your loved one what you've never told her before because you were to afraid. I am not saying that I would want to know, but I am not saying that I wouldn't want to know.

My answer is maybe. Yes, I'd like to know IF my death is in the near future (like tomorrow). So, I can say goodbye to everyone around me. Apologize for all my mistakes to them. And the most important, prepare myself for the hereafter (do prayers and good deeds) for my last day in the world. But no if it is still ages in the future. Most likely, I will take it lightly and my life will go worse than if not knowing when I die.

As much I (and many others) are afraid of things we don't know, I'd rather not know when I would die. It could be tomorrow - or next week, next year by any means, whether it be by a car accident, falling off a cliff, and so forth. At the same time, it's best to prepare before one dies. It pretty much explains why people make wills, so that they can at least pass on their possessions to relatives.

I voted yes. But really I'd only like to know a week or two before!Knowing only a short time before would just give me enough time to get things done. Like saying goodbye to loved ones and getting essential things done (will, burial/funeral wishes, financial matters etc.), maybe a few things I'd wished I'd one in my life too.If I knew years before I think I wouldn't be able to cope with that.

i would definately dont want to know when i would die ,because it may make me sad even before i am dying so it would make me like a paranoid guy and i would be scares till death all the time before actually dying so no point of dying ,if i die i lose all my wealth ,my family and all my earthly positions ,i never want to know when to die because i am already living daringly and spirit every second of my life

i'm a believer in the idea that you can see it coming, just as when you 'know' that something great is gonna happen, you know when a big change is coming, and you know what you're going to be doing in the future. i believe everyone has these feelings because you do control every aspect if your life(including your death!) :(:P