xisto Community
TypoMage

Death, If You Could See It Coming?

To know or no to know?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey,I just saw the vote question and I thought at firt to click yes but then hesitated for I would not like to know, Not out of fear but more of reactions,You might be cool about it but people around you wouldnt, Imagine telling your parents or a loved one that you are about to die....NO WAY!!!But on the serious note whether you pay attention or not, death keeps sending you offline messages, I know I got them Recently I was in an accident and believe it or not I kept getting all kinds of feelings which I never had. I mean something in my head kept telling me that something is wrong and that I should not be on the bike but I never listened and I lost my best friend. But like everything else even death has a positive side, I lost my best friend but I became stronger and much more mature in life. it brought my family and values of life closer.The positive of knowing death would be that you would open a huge can of worms which you would be pissed at first but happy about knowing it later. I just dont want to know about death for the fact that it makes you strong but you have no idea how the person in front of you will take it.I was angry at first at my dead friend but now realize that maybe in those last moments of his life he must've known that he was about to die. Who knows???? I surely dont,,,,, :lol:

I wouldnt wanna see my death coming or know how I die, That would be too much for me too handle and I would end up killing myself before I die lol. I just want a quick and painless death or maybe to die in my sleep, Thats all I want.

Yes, i would like to know it as early as i could .. Let us imagine a person gets to know that he would die on a day some x years from now. So , as he comes to know that he would die only after x years,he does have a guarantee that he would live all those x-1 years ,. And, that would be loads of fun. He could go on and do some death defying stunts all over the world. Get the credit of being the immortal being and finally when he nears his final day , he could call up a press conference and say that i would die within a week.A celebrity status available through this technique,. right ??ps: Sorry for any grammar mistakes over there. I started off the post by assuming i was the person. Suddenly when i read through the post, it was not something that mde me comfortable. So , i had to edit the 'i' to 'he' ...

if i could see death coming...im not sure what i would do, but this is what i think i would do, i would do allot of good things and deeds, i would also have allot of fun...and stop working on my website...or maybe hand it over to someone else to take care of it...i would probably be confused, what i really dont get is that sometimes i really fear death..and sometimes i dont...its confusing..lol

I wouldn't want to see it coming. I would just want to let life fall into place itself. I would just want to live without knowing. But if I did know, I would write my will, say bye to my friends and family, and prepare to be at rest for ever - to have no more troubles, ;) Hope my opinion helped!

I would definately dont want to know when i would die ,because it may make me sad even before i am dying so it would make me like a paranoid guy and i would be scares till death all the time before actually dying so no point of dying ,if i die i lose all my wealth ,my family and all my earthly positions ,i never want to know when to die because i am already living daringly and spirit every second of my life

I would want to know when i would die. Probably for the sole reason of doing all what i want before that date. For example if that 'device' would say that im going to die tomorrow, i would say goodbye to everyone i know, kiss the girl that i love (even if we're not in a relation) and many other stuff. I believe that there is also a comic about this. A man asking the devil when he would die, then break various records like highest freefall without parachute,... Finally when his day has come, he isolated himself with the best doctors in the world ready to revive him. He doesn't die that die and the next morning he goes back to the devil to say he hadn't died yet. But then the devil replied that it wasn't yesterday, but today. The man hastily runs back to his hideout and on his way he gets hit by a car, the man died...I know this isn't a subject to laugh with, but I also believe that mankind shouldn't be sad about it. In some cultures death is to be celebrated. They would party when they knew their date of death.

i wouldn't want to know. would complicate things, if i knew when i was goin to die...i might make plans on what to do before i die and 'plan' what to do for the remainder of my life...which isn't exactly that bad....but along the way, things change and i might obsess about not dying...whats the point in living to not die? i mean that way you obsess over avoiding your death [which is inevitable in the end], that you forget the point in living. everyone will die someday, but life is to be lived..._.

I would prefer to know when i am going to die.That way i can plan what im going to do, eg/ get funeral preparations ready, bid farewel to loved ones. It would be like christmas... [5 minutes before hand] "ooh im gonna die soon..." [/dead]The suspense ><

no I don't wanna know its too creepy.I'd rather die not knowing if I would die and how and die relax than die all stressed out because i know how I will die and be scared.the only thing I hope when i will die is to die fast.

Yea I know for all you know you could in the next minute you never really know and there is no way to know and I am pretty sure there will never be.

why realy, death is ment to be a suprised just like a gift you would not wana ruin the suprise by sneeking a peek. and if you where to know you would get all worked trying to prepare yourself making things "right', you'd miss out that suprising oh my god i see the light!!!, wow its hot in here. my anwser was obviously no i would never want to ruin that big supprise. :lol:

Well, it would sometimes be a good thing to know when your gonna die, and why, im not sure if somebody replied this..but like.. if you died of lung disease from smoking, then you could make the choice of not smoking if you new, and see if that owuld make your life longer or shorter, and if it made it shorter, smoke.. You get me?But i chose not knowing, i woul djust rather not no..

i am glad not knowing. i am completely not afraid so it is easy for me not to care about when i am going to die. the only thing i am afraid of is dying a painful death.