xisto Community
rovertos

Video Games Are A Complete Waste Of Time, Face It!

i completely disagree with wat you've said video games are not a wast of time if you that video games are a wast of time then activities like watching sports and watching dvds etc. is even more of a complete wast of time. like those stuff video games keeps you intertained and yah entertainment does take time but i think its somewhat worth it. but if you spend you life doing nothing but plating videos games then that would be seen as wasting your life and time but its entertainment its worth it if you like it.

Nope, I like playing on my console, and to add so everybody understands, I got a almost 1 month old daughter that takes upp a little time, but still I get a little amount of time to play on my console. So I don't think it is a waste of time.Okey, It don't make you a better person, or even get's you anything.. or maybe it does, if your frustrated, play a fighting-game and get that agression out of your system, or some other game if you don't like fighting-games like me.. hmm, I'm into RPG.Either that or grab a gun and kill someone on the street.. which is better?? I'll say play the game and kill something there.. and not IRL.So in the end, playing games may not be so much waste of your time after all.Ps. I don't play that much games.. just when I feel like it and have a game that is interesting. ds

Videogames are fun. And fun is not a waste of time.All work and no play makes jack a dull boy.All play and no work makes jack a dull boy.I hope that my simple, yet acurrate explanation opens your eyes, my friend :rolleyes: All leisure, all luxury, all beauty, then, is a waste of time? You're wrong!By the way, I love videogames, and I make a living out of them. So.... get the point?Nothing at all is a waste of time! Time is never wasted!Wasting yourself is valid, but wasting time is an arcane and obscure concept, totally wrong

I do not agree. Sometimes video games can help me unwind.When I've had a really crappy day or I'm mad at someone, theres nothing more relaxing for me to go on True Crime: New York City and shoot some people in the head with a sniper. It also helps to relax with my mates and makes friends.But sometimes, people become obsessed and that is really not good for you. I think that video games, in moderation, are very good for today's society.

I do not agree. Sometimes video games can help me unwind.
When I've had a really crappy day or I'm mad at someone, theres nothing more relaxing for me to go on True Crime: New York City and shoot some people in the head with a sniper. It also helps to relax with my mates and makes friends.

But sometimes, people become obsessed and that is really not good for you. I think that video games, in moderation, are very good for today's society.

This time, we think alike :rolleyes:

Videogames shouldn't be played in excess... But when I play them (that it is like 2 times a week) I spend 12 or more hours on them. They're serious business for me and helps me on making a living, And, I enjoy it like hell xD. *Gets MEAT pizza and coke* xD

holding a laptop on your lap when sitting increases the temperature of your genitalia and contribute to sterility

Seriously? Wow you must have a laptop which would qualify to be the world's worst cooled laptop. Maybe in the winter you could plug it in and use it as a heater. Hell, just use it as a hair dryer!

Video games are entertainment. They are no more crap than Television is crap, computers are crap, websites are crap, or any hobby is crap.People use them to bring friends together, to meet new people, to make money, or to get away from the hard work of everday life. You may not be a fan of video games, or you may not play them, but that gives you no right to call them a waste of time or to bash the people who play them.I hate how people bash on the technology age like it's changing people for the worse. This happens every time there is a new technological breakthrough. What do you think Ungor was saying when they first invented the wheel? It's always the same thing. History repeats itself.

I used to play video games a lot, I guess this died for me back when I bought the gamecube. What a horrible video gaming console. Then I started getting into music, and now I spend all the money I have in buying music gadgets and now instead of playing videogames, I play a lot of music. I have even started dj'ing, hope I can make some cash out of it to get some money back from the equipment and to keep on updating my rig. I will even start recording demo cd's for band soon. About videogames.... meh, I am about to sell my tv too, =bI dont think I will be getting any of the nu generation consoles any time soon, got to pay for a lot of stuff =S

I used to play video games a lot, I guess this died for me back when I bought the gamecube. What a horrible video gaming console. Then I started getting into music, and now I spend all the money I have in buying music gadgets and now instead of playing videogames, I play a lot of music. I have even started dj'ing, hope I can make some cash out of it to get some money back from the equipment and to keep on updating my rig. I will even start recording demo cd's for band soon.
About videogames.... meh, I am about to sell my tv too, =b
I dont think I will be getting any of the nu generation consoles any time soon, got to pay for a lot of stuff =S

Big mistake buying a game cube.. you should have bought a XBOX.

either way gaming is not a waste in my opinion. It's fun and its entertaining. and its a good way to let out aggression and to forget about things that trouble you. Especially now with online multiplayer games. its so much more fun to be able to interact.

Gaming is one of the best things out there. expensive but fun.

Id rather be gaming that watching reality tv all day.. cause thats all that on Tv these days.. so that is crap.

Big mistake buying a game cube.. you should have bought a XBOX.
either way gaming is not a waste in my opinion. It's fun and its entertaining. and its a good way to let out aggression and to forget about things that trouble you. Especially now with online multiplayer games. its so much more fun to be able to interact.

Gaming is one of the best things out there. expensive but fun.

Id rather be gaming that watching reality tv all day.. cause thats all that on Tv these days.. so that is crap.

I agree. The only TV watching I do is on my PC. Until they start showing something worthwhile on cable, I don't see why I should pay to watch it.

Nobody wants to watch "A Shot At Love With Tila Tequila". How about more shows like House M.D. or The Boondocks?

Yeah... I seriously hate to say it, but I'd much rather be doing something else. I'm too addicted, though, so I don't really stop. It's really annoying. Sometimes I really hate myself, and when I should be doing something else, I forget what I was supposed to be doing. That really ticks me off, because then I have to quickly do it later. Like right now, I should be doing my homework, but nooooooooooo I have to post in here because I'm too bored to do my homework.Anyone else ever have those days where you just do something because you're bored, and you don't want to do whatever you were supposed to do because it was too boring? I have it every day.

Video games are entertainment. They are no more crap than Television is crap, computers are crap, websites are crap, or any hobby is crap.
People use them to bring friends together, to meet new people, to make money, or to get away from the hard work of everday life. You may not be a fan of video games, or you may not play them, but that gives you no right to call them a waste of time or to bash the people who play them.

I hate how people bash on the technology age like it's changing people for the worse. This happens every time there is a new technological breakthrough. What do you think Ungor was saying when they first invented the wheel? It's always the same thing. History repeats itself.

True, I often have words with my girlfriend about this.
Usually when she turns on the TV I turn on my PC, and when her shows have ended, I get bashed at for sitting behind the PC so much :rolleyes:

I rather pay a game then watch mindless shows, soaps or w/e.
With gaming you meet people from all over the globe, you do get some kind of training, whether its in logic, staying alert, strategy or aiming.
I rather be in control with an interactive game then be controlled by some TV program in wich you have nothing to say ;)

But besides all that, they should control youths more with some games. Most games are too agressive lately and too gory, wich isn't good for young minds. Or too addictive, wich isn't good either for their schoolgrades and RL social lives.

It doesn't matter if you think that video games waste your life, for other people, it makes them not bored. I don't go on video games that often, that means other people don't have to do what you do. I normally go on computer games instead.

They actually do help better myself; I mostly play video games to relax and enjoy myself, but many studies have concluded that video games help with problem solving among many other things. If I have had a hard day there is nothing more comforting than 5-starring cliffs of dover on expert or ranking up on halo 3. I can't understand someone who would call enjoyment a waste of time. What do you do to enjoy yourself? Watch TV? Play sports? These can be argued as a "waste of time". I run 5-8 miles a day for cross country, so my health isn't an issue here. I enjoy video games.

waste of time

Video Games Are A Complete Waste Of Time, Face It!

Video Games are a complete waste of time. I'm not an adult I'm fifteen so please don't think I'm just trying to be a stubborn old fart. I play video games a little bit every now and then but I have hobbies like playing guitar and stuff which is much more rewarding and not to mention fun. Because unless your in Korea where video gaming is huge I honestly don't think that anyone cares how much of a gamer score you have. There are many more productive things you can be doing. And remember your not really accomplishing much your just playing a game that someone else created. Remember People like musicians and game producers are the producers (we make music and games) and people who only play video games are consumers. It is much more fun to be a producer and be creative and use your imagination than to sit down and do the exact same thing that millions of people have already done. And honestly I don't think that most people are obsessed with video gaming I think that a lot of us just need the determination to do something else. It is the easiest thing for our minds to find satisfying when we sit down and play a game. And not all video games help you think. For example halo (which is the most overated game in the universe btw) is just reaction skills. Some games like zelda are much more interactive and using quite a bit of thinking skills. Thats one reason why zelda is one of the few games I still play.

-Seabass