xisto Community
rovertos

Video Games Are A Complete Waste Of Time, Face It!

Incorrect my friend, that's like saying every person is bad. You can't say all video games are a waste of time if you have not played them all. You can, however, say there are certain ons that are a waste of tme.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, let me put things in the right perspective... Some of you say that video games may improve some of your skills (like eye to hand coordination or your reflexes or whatever) and some of you say that some games are indeed a waste of time but some others are not. I can accept there is some truth in these opinions. But ask yourself this question...

Is there any (legal) human activity you couldn't justify if you really wanted to?

***You can omit the word "legal" in the above sentence if you like***

My point is, you like playing video games and because you do, you try to justify this. In the process of doing so, you cross out all other things you could be doing with your free time until you are left with a false dilemma like "OK, should I watch this dumb TV Show or should I play Halo 2 instead?"

This is how the human mind works. Every time, it tries to avoid strain and in doing so, it makes up excuses to justify this. When you're sitting comfortably in your sofa at home, there is indeed some mental strain involved in picking up a book that might teach you something, or calling a friend on the phone that you haven't spoken a long time to. This is why your mind blocks out these options or makes up an easy excuse like "oh well, why don't he/she calls me..." And this is how you end up spending the whole evening in front of your TV while your brain numbs out like a housewife on a lazy Sunday afternoon...

Sure they can be a waste of time, but the idea of games is to entertain, and that is what they do. So if its dull, your bored, you can play a game to keep you entertained. I play Diablo 2 In my free time because i could sit on my *bottom* and watch a film or read a book, but id rather have some interactive entertainment.What games have you played that have given you this negative feeling?

I dont agree how is playing a game any more or less a waste of time then reading a book im not saying reading is bad or anything but do you get any more out of it then you do from games really?

I right now kinda still stand for "Games ARE NOT a waste of time" but, after reading the newspaper (I'm only 14, ok?), a 16 yr old played for 15 hrs straight and was sent to the hospital, 3-4 years ago, two teens played DIABLO II for 26 hrs straight, one died because of the game; but seriously, who's that stupid?Back on my stance, I, myself is not a hardcore gamer. I still play Generals, HALO2 and all that, but I still play around w/ Linux, get good grades @ school and talk to ppl on MSN Messenger. I also read my books and listen to music. Playing games as described b4, gives joy to the kids all over the world. Without video games, we might as well be bored as ever in the modern world.xboxrulz

Games may be a waste of time but, for me, they provide a much needed escape from this reality. Life is full of vices and addictions and video games most definatly fall under that catagory. honestly, in the sceme of things its healthier to be addicted to a game for a couple weeks then develope a dependancy on some mind altering subtance that could do permanent damage to the body or mind. Life is short take pleasure where you can find it and try not to hurt others in the process. ;)

this is all based on opiniongaming is something you do in your spare time, however there are people who make money from it.this is a bit like saying, watching films is pointless.the thing is, its all entertainment, thats all. your not supposed to live off it.... if you do, good for you! ;)gaming = hobby

Im crazy. If I get into a game sometimes ill sit there and play it for around 10 hours. Thats only the really really really really good games though. Like GTA and some Mario games. I love games, I couldn't live without them. Im playing Mario Super Sunshine and GTA san andreas right now. Both very good and addictive games. Love them both.

Hate to say it but hes right they are... but hey thats the poibnt to wast your life a way right.... lol and there funa nd so who cares if it a wast i mean i hang with my friends cuz we play over the netand all plus they can get you GF's :rolleyes: lol it did happen but only once and she is cool 2 and not a 40 year old fat dude lol

Some scientists say that if you play video games at an average rate, you can have your life abilities enhanced, e.g. you have better reflexes, you think faster and so on...But, "some scientists" also state that holding a laptop on your lap when sitting increases the temperature of your genitalia and contribute to sterility, so I'd would like not to believe them at this time. :rolleyes: Personally, I like to play video games, but if I play them for more that an hour, I really get bored (so I start making some small programs in Delphi :) ), even if the game is Doom 3.

holding a laptop on your lap when sitting increases the temperature of your genitalia and contribute to sterility

That is absolutely correct.

But applies only to men as their testis hangs outside the body. Ovary of females cozily resides inside the pelvis and is not affected.

The basic reason why testis is hanging outside is to have a lesser temperature that is more conducive for sperm production. Remember, in most places, the atmospheric temperature is less than the normal body temperature of 37 degree Celsius.

If you increase the temperature by whatever means, including the use of a laptop on your lap, you ARE increasing the temperature and the consequences are imminent.

Face it! Don't just disbelieve it...