xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tyssen

Trapped In *BLEEP*! [tis] (www.trappedinshit.com) *new!* Is this for real?

We need some thing other than the word sh-t. I mean it looks bad, and then people are going to start curing and stuff, b/c we have a forum named that. And it honestly does subtact major points from the proffesionality of this BB. I personally think it does no harm, but Trapped in Shat (austin powers) sounds a little more approperaite and such. And it rimes? OpaQue should start a poll and let the members choose a domain. :)

Well, I talked to him yesterday about that...and he asked him if this violated the TOS. He said the word "sh**", is not in any way or form offensive to anybody. He says, still, the no swearing rule is still in form. Although, in MY opinion, I think that should not be put in a professional web hosting. Even if it is not really a bad word, it shouldn't be there.

Lol, I kinda like this new name. I dont know about you guys but to me it sounds like fun. We are all mature ppl here and sometimes ya need a good laff.

Avalon, please refrain from assuming right away the forums have been "hacked", it might scare some people.

Please accept my apologies for assuming, it just seemed so out of character for Opaque. Don't get me wrong, I'm not offened by the title, it just doesn't seem very professional to me.

...you doing this for some kind of marketing purposes...

Bingo! I don't have all the facts now but it is geared towards "SEO" with a twist. There is another business proposed for Xisto and OpaQue is ironing out the entire outline. According to a little birdie, there were additional servers added to accommodate OpaQue's first phase of "taking over the world." LOL Well at least taking over the net world.

I do apologize if this word sticks out like a sore thumb. Please be patient until everything gets worked out.

For what it is worth, my opinion is to get rid of the name TIS. I think it degrades the Forum. And creates a double standard because the members posting here can't use the word, so why give the impression it is allowed? Anyway, that's my opinion, but we live in a Democracy and it is only one vote, so for what it is worth, I have expressed my opinion.

As jlhaslip said I don't think it should be used either. No one on the forums are even allowed to use the word and having it on the forums itself can have it used against you and stuff. I don't really get the meaning of why it is even there in the first place but I guess I will have to wait for more to be revealled from OpaQue like Buffalo said.

I posted the following in the

The So Called "vent"...

Yeah, ok. pinned topic

on Wed night and got absolutely no response. Now I have quoted it so my opinion is registered in this topic where it might get noticed.

Hey, you tell us to watch our language and then you come up with a title like this:

Trapped In *BLEEP*! [TIS] (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) *NEW!*

Isn't this a double standard? If I use the word *BLEEP* in my posting it gets bleeped out. See what I mean? In fact now that I previewed my post I see that it even got bleeped out in the quote. Me thinks you should come up with a better forum title than this. It is very discriminating for certain persons to be able to use this kind of language when posters to the forum are not allowed the same privilege.
Edited by Mich (see edit history)

Yes, I'm agreeing with most of you on this one. When I first saw it, I was like... what? I couldn't believe what I had read. I had to read it again, just to make sure. Then I was thinking, maybe it's an ad that mistakenly got on the site, nope, no such thing.So, then I saw this post, and it's all true. This is Opaque's forums, where he can do what he wants, but the fact that he's telling us that we can't use such a word, and forces everyone in the vent to see it, seems somewhat wrong.Sure, that seems like a great name, and a funny one too, but it needs to be used in the right way. Like many of you have mentioned, there are a lot of younger people who frequent these boards, and I don't believe they should be seeing things like this.Sure, they've probably all seen and heard it all before, but who are we to add to that, really?I don't know... I think marketing wise, it has both it's good points and it's bad points, but it needs to be considered carefully either way :)

Kind of hard to have the word there and then tell everyone that that word can't be used...obviously that point has been covered in previous posts in this thread.If OpaQue wants the opinion of his members, than the best way to do it is by poll, but I support the decisions he makes. We shall see if this was a good move or not in the future, but for now, I see some slight problems but none to get too worked up about.

I'm finding the posts on here a bit odd. People are complaining that such a word being in the name of a section in the forums is misleading. Cause, you cant use it in the forums. Tell me something, did the old name of it stop people from using such a word? So, why should it matter now? I find it funny on how NOW it's when people are trying to prevent such a thing, rather than BEFORE. If you people really care, then the next time you see someone's post with a *bleeped* word, tell that person to refrain from cursing again. Using bad words is like death, it's bound to happen, no matter what!