xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tyssen

Trapped In *BLEEP*! [tis] (www.trappedinshit.com) *new!* Is this for real?

I think you're missing the point here truefusion, setting up a forum name like this is hypocritical. As I, Mich and others have already said...

Isn't this a double standard? If I use the word *BLEEP* in my posting it gets bleeped out. See what I mean? In fact now that I previewed my post I see that it even got bleeped out in the quote. Me thinks you should come up with a better forum title than this. It is very discriminating for certain persons to be able to use this kind of language when posters to the forum are not allowed the same privilege.

Being the mature age I am, the word does not offend me, in fact I use it quite regularly. The thing is, if it's not considered an offensive word by the forum admin, why is it censored in posts?

Aside from whether it's considered offensive or not, personally I don't think it's very professional to use it, but that's just me I guess.

It's not about the word, it's about the principle. Everyone else who uses this forum is banned from a certain thing except the forum admin. Fair enough, it's his site, he can what he wants with it, but he's also gotta expect a certain loss of credibility for doing so too.

Edited by Tyssen (see edit history)

I just think most of you are making too big of a deal from this. I'm not aware of the entire truth behind all of this, but a piece of it was supposed to be funny. I found it funny. So did some others.What if the word would be uncensored? Does that mean you're gonna take advantage? Or would most of you try and continue not using such a word? Why care about you not being able to "use" it, if you're not gonna be using it anyways? Otherwise, this make me think, by the looks of it, some of you want it uncensored just so you can "use" it. And this is the perfect opportunity.I mentioned before, that one reason could be, why it's censored, cause people might use it to define someone else. Plus, there are many ways around such a word. Although, you've used a "lighter" version of the word, it can still be offensive. Then you'd have to *bleep* out even the scientific word for it.But, if you guys still feel i'm missing the point/being ignorant, then please, answer all my questions to help me understand better. Rather than telling me the same things i've already read.

But, if you guys still feel i'm missing the point/being ignorant, then please, answer all my questions to help me understand better. Rather than telling me the same things i've already read.

You are missing the point and there's no other way to tell you: IT'S GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WORD!!! It could be that everyone is banned from sitting on pink cushions while posting on Xisto except for the admin. It could be everyone has to type with one hand only except the admin. It could be everyone has to listen to Celine Dion on Tuesdays except for the admin.
It's the whole one rule for the admin and a different one for everyone else.
How hard a concept is that to grasp? :angry:

This is like being angry at Native Americans cause they're a citizen of the US, and dont have to pay taxes.

Also, if it werent for such a word, this topic would have never started. So, it has something to do with the word.

But, I'm surprised you've missed this, since you guys are so obsessed with the TOS, but guess what? We've broken the TOS and got away with it! Looks like you're more special than you think!

I just think most of you are making too big of a deal from this. I'm not aware of the entire truth behind all of this, but a piece of it was supposed to be funny. I found it funny. So did some others.
What if the word would be uncensored? Does that mean you're gonna take advantage? Or would most of you try and continue not using such a word? Why care about you not being able to "use" it, if you're not gonna be using it anyways? Otherwise, this make me think, by the looks of it, some of you want it uncensored just so you can "use" it. And this is the perfect opportunity.

I mentioned before, that one reason could be, why it's censored, cause people might use it to define someone else. Plus, there are many ways around such a word. Although, you've used a "lighter" version of the word, it can still be offensive. Then you'd have to *bleep* out even the scientific word for it.

But, if you guys still feel i'm missing the point/being ignorant, then please, answer all my questions to help me understand better. Rather than telling me the same things i've already read.

There are two points here. One of them being that the admin feel it's okay to use profanity, but it's not okay for forum members to. I can understand why swearing is banned on a public forum, and I'm sure most of us don't have a problem with that. It seems weird though, that in spite of the censorship, there's a swear on the front page.

The second point is why the management decided to use that word in the first place. And even if OpaQue decided to call it "trapped in faeces", I'd still be complaining as that's disgusting! The only real option is to replace that phrase with another one, and whilst I understand that OpaQue can do whatever he likes, I'm sure that he values our input, and from what I've been reading. It's a resounding no to "trapped in ****".

This is like being angry at Native Americans cause they're a citizen of the US, and dont have to pay taxes.
Also, if it werent for such a word, this topic would have never started. So, it has something to do with the word.

But, I'm surprised you've missed this, since you guys are so obsessed with the TOS, but guess what? We've broken the TOS and got away with it! Looks like you're more special than you think!

You're going into my 'make so little sense you're not worth reading anymore' category.
Edited by Tyssen (see edit history)

Sure "admin" decided to use a word for a forum title. But, where else? And if they did something wrong, you think they dont punish each other, or themselves?Yes waste can be disgusting, but which one is more disgusting?: Being used to define someone, or the actual thing it relates to? Of course this would fall into a matter of opinion. Although, yes, people are entitled to their opinion, but even one's opinion can be morally wrong.[hr=noshade]Rather than one category, place me in all categories of the like. Or would you rather not, cause it's something i want?Although, you may not be from this country (U.S.), I've made good sense. I'll even show you the reference.Native Americans = AdminCitizen = Member of ForumPay taxes = Use such a wordAm i speaking in plain english now?Have you even checked the TOS, after my post, for what i am declaring?[/hr]

Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

I assume this is what you are talking about in the TOS.

Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email or local private messages, but should not be discussed in public forums.

But there is something else in the TOS you may have missed.

Please keep your language clean and decent.

Something else you might have missed, this means you are violating the TOS with every post you make.

Please don't drop promotional urls, signature files, nor specifics that would lead people to your site.

So let's not go on about who is violating the TOS shall we? :angry: I don't think I'll post in this thread anymore, I've said enough. Some people seem to understand the point I'm trying to make and some don't. That's just the way it is I guess. :angry:

Yes, the first quote was what i was reffering to. But, i didnt say i didnt break the TOS. But, what i was trying to point out, is, that you shouldnt blame someone else for breaking something that you've broken, as well. The admins are going easier on us than we think.

ok, this is all like really off topic...but anyways, what is the http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, going to be about? whats going to be on there? etc...is it going to be somthing basicly for just us, or for the whole world? lol im curious just because it sounds good... anything anyone here can do to help make it etc??

Ok. I see nothing wrong with what is being discussed here. The only reason anybody will complain about it is because they can't use it freely in their posts. Well, tough. When you run your own forum, you can decide who can say what. The bottom line is, it's not that bad of a word (really shouldnt be considered profanity anyway) and nobody is HONESTLY offended by it.

Of course I joined for the services provided, but had this forum had that phrase in when I had first visited, I would have been put off and might not have decided to register.

Keyword to look at is "might".

Well I CERTINATELY would have not joined the forums because of this!

Hmm, i just considered something. This is a public forum. The public isnt all that professional. And is the service any more non-professional cause of this?

You forget one thing, truefusion: ALL of us ARE members of the general public!!!

What if the word would be uncensored? Does that mean you're gonna take advantage?

Well, first off, that wouldn't happen anyway. And if it did... well, I know about a thousand people who would be forced to leave for this reason only.
Tyssen, your explanation is the best one so far:

You are missing the point and there's no other way to tell you: IT'S GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WORD!!! It could be that everyone is banned from sitting on pink cushions while posting on Xisto except for the admin. It could be everyone has to type with one hand only except the admin. It could be everyone has to listen to Celine Dion on Tuesdays except for the admin.It's the whole one rule for the admin and a different one for everyone else.
How hard a concept is that to grasp?

Because that IS the concept! The admin is breaking a rule that if any of us were to break would mean goodbye for us! If I join a forum I expect rules to be carried out by everyone. And this change means I am this close to leaving Xisto:

Staying---------|Me|-Leaving

Looks like you messed up big time, Xisto.

You're going into my 'make so little sense you're not worth reading anymore' category.

Same here.
And finally...

Ok. I see nothing wrong with what is being discussed here. The only reason anybody will complain about it is because they can't use it freely in their posts. Well, tough. When you run your own forum, you can decide who can say what. The bottom line is, it's not that bad of a word (really shouldnt be considered profanity anyway) and nobody is HONESTLY offended by it.

You've missed the point entirely. And noone else sees it that way. Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

*sigh*

Well I CERTINATELY would have not joined the forums because of this!

Well, that's only some of you. Yet, you're still here. Though i can see you're right on the edge.

You forget one thing, truefusion: ALL of us ARE members of the general public!!!

Indeed, but even we, the general public, have broken rules set for the general public. Have you ever gotten a ticket every time you broke such a thing?

The admin is breaking a rule that if any of us were to break would mean goodbye for us!

Kinda ruins the point for warnings..

If I join a forum I expect rules to be carried out by everyone.

You mean the same way you follow them? If that's the case, then you havent followed all of them, like you expect to. Please, correct me on this.

You've missed the point entirely. And noone sees it that way.

He wouldnt have said so, if he didnt see it that way.. Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

Well the only reason I'm still here is because I have nowhere else to go if I lose my site... the coding it requires is so valueable that I would soon have to pay MILLIONS if I did not use a dedicated host like this.

And I am fed up with truefusion always contradicting everyone else's posts. It's like he thinks he's always right and everyone else is wrong. The kind of attitude that SHOULD be banned. So I am concluding by saying:

* I am completely against the use of the new name for the vent.

* Truefusion is obviously against the people.

* I am not posting in this topic anymore, seeing how I am always contradicted, and have no care for any opinions my opinions may have caused. So don't bug me anymore!

Before I go, however, I must point out that my previous post did not say "And noone sees it that way." It said "And noone else sees it that way. Obviously there are a rare few that do...

Edited by NDPA (see edit history)