xisto Community
icemarle

My Review Of Megaupload.com File Sharing Service

Megaupload is a good site, its servers are located in Japan and China. But I think that Rapidshare is better than Megaupload.com, not for its limitations or speed. Rapidshare is better because is the most used in the planet. If you want to download a lot of things I recommend you buy a Rapidshare premium account.I have a premium account now...and I?m totally satisfied.Regards.

Rapidshare is definitely better than the rest of the competition. I use RS whenever I have to send some important files to my buddies. The only complaint is that they change their operations every now and then. Once they used to offer downloads instantly. Now there is a waiting period before you can download the files. This can be pretty irritating!

Well, I borrow a friends Premium Account on Rapidshare, but use my own Collectors account. I also have an account on Megaupload too, though I don't use it much.And at the "Win a Premium Account" game. WTF?! Does it actually even ever let you win or is it some scammy thing? I never win on it. :(

Well Megaupload.com is good, i like the design it's all flash, but i don't like the speed download. For me it goes with 50 Kb/s and that sux. On Rapidshare.com my speed goes with over 100 Kb/s.I've never tried a premium account so i can't really tell how many reasons are there to use this web site. Regards

I do agree that megaupload is better than Rapid-share however more people have premium accounts on Rapid share therefore more people use it to upload files.But I am sure this will all change very soon as the government as pending on whether to shutdown Rapdishare due to all there illegal file hosting.But then again the download speed on megaupload is terrible.

But I am sure this will all change very soon as the government as pending on whether to shutdown Rapdishare due to all there illegal file hosting.

And that would help, right? After shutting it down people will cry and not move from a place and won't share any illegal files anymore....
Yeah, right.

MU is good because when you upload a video file you can host it at MegaVideo too, but the speeds and the silly captcha (for which there is a greasemonkey script to get around it) is dumb. It's good that you can use a regular account to lower the waiting to 25 secs, RS has 90 secs on bigger files.

:P MEgauploadsgood for me since I got premium account lol and live in canada too so speeds awesome anyway if you are not satisified with it try mediafire.. Not countdowns or limits for upload/download but there is limit to file size its 100mb if u want to upload big files just rar it I am sure any1 can handle that considering its free.

-reply by zouave

RS has 90 secs on bigger files.

Ninety? AFAIK if I download a 200MB file it may take me around 120 seconds but maybe that depends on ISP, location and many other factors. Also my review of MU is:
Upload:
Easy. But their servers are a bit slow and there are more restrictions that there were back in the days. You can upload, rars, avi's, zip's, etc all great so I'd give a... 9/10

Download:
Okay, real deal. It's just crap that you have to insert a stupid CAPTCHA (Not stupid for the safety of the website, of course) and then wait some seconds but it isn't that what stresses me up. What stresses me up is the crap servers they have in a hour and then suddenly I get 1MB/sec. If I download 2 files, the speed is around 1MB/sec, if I download more 2, it decreases to 500kb/sec and then if more it keeps decreasing to 100, it's just boring and another thing is that they give free premium for like only two hours in the morning. I'd rather get it during all night. I know MU is American but why not think about Europeans and others that use GMT0 or 1?
Overall: 6/10

IT SUCKS

I enter the DL code, then wait. When I get the download, firefox says "starting". I know it is not my ISP because I have 5M/B per Secound. I live in the usa.

-reply by Justin

When I saw all the negative comments about the download speed of Megaupload.com and uploads speed I was like, WHAT DA F?? I download at 1.5MB/s when using a download manager, my upload speed when uploading 900MB+ files is 15MB/s it's like instant! And I'm a free user! It must be you internet speed if you only get like 1MB/s with premium account, I have an internet connection at 54MB/s if that makes a big deal.I'm totaly satisfied with Megaupload.com, Rapidshare.com is SO FREE USER UNFRIENDLY, IT'S HORRIBLE. So I don't have the option to choose rapidsare, and all my downloads are from Megaupload.com anyways.Thanks.

I've never been a big fan of Megaupload. Sure, they let you host big files, but there are so many negative aspects to it that mess things up. First of all, the captcha on the first page. Maybe it seems like a minor thing, but it is a bit annoying to have to type ina captcha code whenever you download something. The worst part to it is the 45 second wait. There's no reason to force users to wait almost a minute to download a file, other than to make you buy the premium download thing. (And who would actually buy something like that?) Speaking of which, another thing I hate about Megaupload is that they deliberately have way too many ads on their site. They specifically say in the list of benefits that free members get lots of ads, while premium members only get a few ads. (I think it's stupid how after paying for the service you still have to put up with a few of them, by the way.) All in all, Megaupload is not one of my preferred hosts. Box.net, mediafire, and even sendspace are all better than Megaupload.

I am a little fan of Mega Upload. Opposite of Rapidshare you there is maximum for downloads for your uploaded files....You can download all the files on Mega Upload,and there is no message "Our servers are overloaded, there are no free slots". :) That is why i like it.There are some ads,a little different from RapidShare , but you don't need to wait 100 seconds for big files on Mega Upload.Another thing,you can store big files...MegaUpload rocks with their servers,because i can download big files with big speed.Plus,it never crashed my webbrowser...RapidShare with its ***king JavaScripts crashed my Opera.

For me the best file hosting site is Rapidshare.com there are a lot of problems with Megaupload and I will say you why this antique file hosting got the hate of a lot of hispanic internauts. First of all Megaupload have promotions that only apply to the US users and that is incredible how you will get promotions for only a little people when your services are for all the world users. Another thing that I hate is the captcha because that make you lose a lot of time and your eyes too seing the confused captcha that only get you mad when you have forced to download a file from megaupload.com other thing is the premium account because I have to buy a premium account here in Honduras to download to a great speed but in anothers parts of the world I know that download to a incredible speed for free and that put me mad because is incredible that these chinese reward to a little part of the world and let the another part of the world bad. For this reason I prefer Rapidshare.com for a filehosting and I have to say that never been so happy how now that I am enjoying a premium account with rapidshare with my collector points and this is another thing that Megaupload doesnt have. So thank you for nothing Megaupload.

no doubt rapidshare is the best hosting site ever and also i think its cheap also as compared to other sites and you get almost anything on rapidshare hosted by other person but megaupload is not that also that you will just through it out. Its a cool site and i havent reviewed it much neither used it much but seldom downloaded files from there and i think it was easier but the captcha problem is there and also the things to be noticed that its in one case better than rapidshare. i am not able to buy any premium accounts rather used the ones others use but in rapidhsare there is no such facility like if i become the member of it , it will allow me a shorter download waiting time as done in megaupload. They provide 45secs waiting for the registered persons but that is not the reason i will say mu is the best as its not having much files in its database as much as rapidhsare is having.

I think it's a bit unfair to rate a file host's "performance" if you use their service as a free user. If you upgrade to a premium account (say rapidshare, megaupload, filefactory), you'll certainly won't see slow download speeds, captchas, waiting time, etc... I rate rapidshare as one of the best, simply due to the massive amount of files they host as well as their cheap premium rates.