xisto Community
icemarle

My Review Of Megaupload.com File Sharing Service

Megaupload is the second fastest download site I have used, Rapid share is the worst, the download stops every 5 seconds for me. The only faster download I have had was at Netload.in, where I got up to 1.2mb/s as apposed to the usual 300kb/s at megaupload (though I have had 800kb/sErm, I use it often, the waiting time of megaupload (i'm registered) is only about 25 seconds, unfortuantly at netload getting through all their stuff to actually downloading the file takes about 2minites.It's a good site, I use it to download files that a want quickly rather than waiting which you would do with torrents and p2p filesharing services (only for legal uncopyrighted materials of course).

megaupload is better becuase it wont let you wait for 15 mins before you can download another unlike rapidshare but that is if youre using the site with free subscription.

Well most of the time i get results as "Slots" are busy for your country type messages. Even after using toolbar, i can't download the data more than 100mb/day as it says "No more slots reserved for your country.Thats why i tried other file sharing networks:1) i-fileit2) Mihd3) Esnips4) Rapidshare5) SkydriveSo i would like to see the alternatives for Megauplaod, anyone know more than what i have listed here?

Megaupload Damm SlowMy Review Of Megaupload.comI am megaupload premium user. Its damm slow... Don't waste your money for it... Only getting 12kbps speed... My ISP net speed is 1MB. Megaupload really sucks...-shasuBOY

InconsistentMy Review Of Megaupload.com

Megaupload is pretty nice on the incredibly rare occasion that the download goes at a decent speed.  Rapidshare might average a measly 100K for me, and make me wait 15 minutes after downloading a 10MB file, but even that's better than the norm for MU, which can often get down to 4-8K.  At that rate, it's unlikely to even get the file, as it'll completely lose the connection and I'll have to start over.  I'm downloading a file from megaupload right now.  Speed?  12.5KB/sec.

I haven't had any issues with Megaupload's download speeds. As for uploads, I upload at full speed to them.My issue stems from their download maximum's based on time. It is based on time of the day, your country, and other factors.But, the best part about them is that they share some of the advertiser revenue with their users. Not to mention their downloading/uploading program has a lot of features, is easy to use, and very easy to understand.

megaupload reviews - horrible Customer ServiceMy Review Of Megaupload.com

God help you if you ever need help!  I bought a lifetime premium membership.  They have lost a grand total of 363 files of mine. I have emailed them at least 25 times about this to all of their email addresses that they list.  They don't answer... Ever.  If they won't even bother to answer a paying customer how does anyone else stand a change of getting help?

Megaupload are run by cheatsMy Review Of Megaupload.com

The people at megaupload are a bunch of cheaters.They never reply to any support emails sent by customers.They locked my account for 10 days before replying, said they they would extend my account for 10 days. I checked my account, not only did they NOT add 10 days, but also, although I paid for 2 months, they are only giving me a premium of 1month, which taking into account the days I was locked out..I'm only getting about 2 1/2 weeks.The only way they will reply is if they are jockeyed into it by a larger corporation like Paypal.DO NOT pay them for premium service. They just take your money and go.

-reply by Tempestas

Should have read all this before!!!My Review Of Megaupload.com

All of your comments would have been very helpful in my decision making which one to chooose from(rapid or megaupload premium account).

I live in Germany and have a crazy fast connection, around 15700-DL and 980-UP.    I thought this Site would maximize the speed of my connection but is does not. Like one post above states, it seems that it really does not matter whether your connection speed is lighting fast or turtle slow. I purchased a one years subscription with them which I now regret in some ways. 

Hope to you people out there that you find this before hand before making the Premium decision, because if I would have I might have changed my mind.

-reply by Devin

you cannot predict what these sites will become in the future. I used megaupload several times and liked it. But my favorite is rapidshare :lol: . We can all hate it, but if you have a high speed Internet and the necessary money to buy some account for a year, than it is very helpful. But I am curios and would like to ask, about image sharing websites or applications, after I upload some pictures, are they ever deleted or not??

although the mega upload site is easy to upload files, I feel, its not capable of uploading huge files in less time. It takes lots of time. its speeds are very low.Overall, I feel megaupload is to be used where small files are to be uploaded.

Yeah, well MegaUpload is a good upload site, in my opinion. I like the services very well. :( Not better then Rapidshare of course, though both Rapidshare and MegaUpload have their own services being different etc. I don't think they are affiliated with each other. Are they?

Yeah, well MegaUpload is a good upload site, in my opinion. I like the services very well. :( Not better then Rapidshare of course, though both Rapidshare and MegaUpload have their own services being different etc. I don't think they are affiliated with each other. Are they?

yes you are correct. they arent affiliated according to me.