xisto Community
icemarle

My Review Of Megaupload.com File Sharing Service

I needed to use it for my site downloads because they're too big to host on Xisto. I'm hosting it from home now (I finally got my broadband). Anyway, the thing I hate most about Megaupload right now is the fact that they have IP filtering. I can't even download from it! What's the use? A friend gives me a link to his file and I can't even download it because the 100 slots alloted from Philippine IPs are ALWAYS used up. :rolleyes: 100 slots for billions of people... yeah right. I'm not that desperate to go live in America or other countries without limitations just to bypass this.

i hate megauploadtoday i upload logo for Xisto on megaupload , but mu dosenot show me and dont upload my image . i think this site use many javascript source and some browsers dont load Javascript ( like opera)but rapidshare service is better . i can see all javascripts at rapidshare and i can do anythink ( upload , download ) at rapidsharemegaupload skin is very nice but this skin make site to slow . and its very bad for this kind of site . this kind of site must be fast and have easy template like yahoo like msn .I deny Megaupload :rolleyes:

Edited by farsiscript (see edit history)

All Upload services usually suck. Let me explain why:

They are hosted on ultra-slow servers.

Too many people use them, meaning the servers get so much stuff on them, slowing them down.

The uploaded items don't get checked for viruses/spyware/cracking etc, posing security risks (but most on them only don't do this because it would be too slow)

They're free. That's almost a guarantee that you won't get any better quality then you would expect.

In sum, DON'T USE UPLOAD SERVICES! Use your own BW, it will last longer. Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

Lot of Temporary Not Available

My Review Of Megaupload.com

Megaupload sucks. I'm a premium user, because I wanted to download movies so I paid premium membership. 5 out of 6 dvds have files temporary not available and have been for almost 2 weeks, still not available. I contacted megaupload user support twice and they did not reply. They let user upload fast speed because people upload pirate dvd movies, and user like me pay for megaupload to download. Anyone knows where to report megaupload that it is a place for pirate upload dvd movies. Please reply. I will report them. Megaupload sucks big time!

-reply by megaupload sucks

I think that file-sharing sites need to have their "rules", so to speak. What I don't understand is why these sites need to have so restrictions... It would be faster to just E-Mail things... The most part of File-Sharing sites are not that good... File-Sharing sites should have easy access to their files and what Megaupload does, is just stupid. They make it really hard to get to a certain file.I don't think that there is any File-Sharing Site that is perfect but Megaupload is really bad. It should have a much much better organization...I think that getting a site where you can host tons of MB is great. If you google File-Host you will find some pretty decent stuff. I had a file-sharing site that could hold up tons of MB and had no Download limit.That's how the File-Sharing Sites should be.

I really dislike Megaupload.com and I agree with you the uploading is 10 times better then the download. I guess that's why it's called MegaUPLOAD and not MegaDOWNLOAD. I didn't know about the IP country detection determinating if your allowed unlimited or limited download limit. That's stupid in my opinion, just because you live somewhere else you shouldn't be forced to have limited download limit. Isn't that racism? Must be some sort of discrimination.

yeah i agree with forbez yeah the download speed of meaguplaod is really damn slow and when ever i go on meagaupload to download something it always says your country download limit is limited and you can't download the file right now. so wait i'm not sure any one download form it.. anyways i think rapidshare is a lot better than megaupload.

Megaupload hates me. It's premium service is great (just like rapidshare). I know because I've used their happy hour feature before. But later, their happy hour feature became very picky on IPs too, and as my IP is based in Asia, there is never a time where I could download a file from megaupload. So I absolutely dislike this service. I don't like the fact that they use flash on their website too.

MEgaupload is junk

My Review Of Megaupload.com

Talking about decent file sharing services, Mediafire, 4Shared, and sendspace are at least better than Megaupload. And Rapidshare is crappy too since you have to enter captchas to get the file. Last time I checked, captcha was to stop spammers, you can't really spam an upload site unless you got a bunch of 200mb files to upload with pictures of canned ham. Use Mediafire and zShare, get adblock Plus for Firefox to disable the stupid ads and yay!

-reply by Alex

Sorry, guys. I beg to differ. I think MU is great, 10/10, I might say. I live in Asia too and I'm downloading from MU like a premium user. All you need is a to do a little research to find out how to trick MU. That's what I did. Plus MU's download speeds are great, compared to crappy RS, which at times could be as slow as 15 KB/sec & I'm on ADSL, capable of 300 KB/sec.

Replying to iGuestI used to be in the same situation as you...High/good speed.But MU tends to be..Picky.Now..Not only by yr region..But also the file size..Whenever I dl a file that is over 250MB (uploaded by a premium user?),My dl speed will fall to as little as...1? or rather...Probably dced.But because of my (wonderful =D) dl manager, it will try to reconnect it again..But still, how long would I take to dl a 300MB file? @@ And this few days, there's a sharp drop in my dl speed...Even files below the 250MB limit..Also dl at...1kb/s...

I once used the rapidshare free service.I had software that I'd written that was available on shareware sites for people to download. Anyway,the more time that passed, the longer it took to download and even the longer they had to wait before the download could begin. Overall it wasn't a very good experience.I think all those free upload/download sites are the same.

Hey,In general, I disagree with you, but I agree on some point of views:Agree: That megaupload could get much better and the restrictions are really limited. They got to work on it much more than they are actually. For example, their point system is way too disorganized. They should make it much easier and allow multiple download.Disagree: I find that in a broad and general plan, megaupload is a pretty good and fast website to download. I've never had any problem downloading stuffs from their website. I have their free membership, so the waiting is 25 seconds what ever the file size (not depending on size like rapidshare). The download speed is pretty descend (i live in Canada I don't know if this might play a role in it)...Furthermore, I already had access to a premium account (my friend let me use it) and it was awesome speed using the rapidshare tool called ''Mega Manager''. It really does speeds up the download speed (anyways, it did for me).So in a basis, a grade of 10, I would give it a good 8/10. From my OWN experience I am really satisfied with the FREE and the PREMIUM membership accounts.Rapidshare on the otherside, I am not satisfied with the download speed on the FREE edition, but the premium is much more better and worth it since there are many files host under this company.Tim.

I'm sorry if you do not live one one of the big countries, but for me, I live in Canada.I say MegaUpload is one of the best share file on the website, my average download speed for this website is well on 450k/sec, which is very good in compare to rapidshare/ mediafire/ filefront.I personally strongly love Megaupload due to its interface - no ads on website, only 1 when you click download. and also you have a chance to win membership, I really like this file sharing website :)I dislike rapidshare because you have to wait like forever to download a file, but for megaupload it is only 25 second (just register a regular account for that), which is very good.rapidshare's speed for me is an average of 45k/sec, which kills for me, i download files that is well over 50mb. it takes FOREVER for me to download. but as i said before megaupload gives around 450k/sec. which is 10x the speed of rapidshare.