xisto Community
zootycoongold

Winrar Or Winzip?

at the beginning, i have use winzip, after winrar, I found that from file compress, files support, and the last one, it can build a .zip archive. and more important( if i'am not forget) it can open .tar.gz file. all is why i chooose RAR. :P

I like winrar much more as winzip, a lot of files are destributed comprimised with winrar so they become .rar files, while winzip cant read these files. IF you reverse it, winrar can read zip files too, so its at least equal to winzip. Also, I like the less commercial look of winrar, and it isnt filled with useless features as winzip is.

Winrar is more powerful it has sheel integrated menus that can bbe very handy. it has better compression algoritm and it has so many templates of compression method which can be useful for different situations. i have started using it after i saw that winzip couldn't unzip Rar files. Winrar compresses text files realy awsome and with high compression quality.

I personally use a very good program called "Power Archiver" and it can use all the files that winrar can use, plus I believe, more than 10 more. (Also includes the HIGH COMPRESSION new 7z extension which can make a 50MB file shrink to 5MB...

Just to clear the record, the .7z extension comes from the free zip utility 7-zip. I've found it to be a bit more aggressive than .rar, .zip, or .ace, but it definately does not always have a 10:1 compression ratio. Another great thing about 7-zip is that you can save files to self-extracting executables (.exes) for people who don't have zipping programs.

I prefer WinRAR, it's better, faster and it's compression is a LOT of times better than Winzip's. And I can create Zip files with winrar too, so I don't need winzip. I recommend WinRAR for everyone...

I user winrarbecause winrar support all compress formats , winrar is fast , winrar is easy to use , you can change type compress by winrar , i think compress with winrar is better , but i dont know how can find new version of winrar .plz post here winrar real site thanks

Anything is better then winzip, even 7-zip is much more better then winzip, beleave it, i tryed them all already, and winrar compresses more, it has much more cool functions, like for example, it can compress to many winrar files (*.rar), and with other functions, for example, you can configure the size in wich you want to make the winrar files in case you want to put a 3MB file in 3 files of 1.4MB for 3 flops, or compress a 700MB file in to 7 files of 100MB.Winzip is the program more used by people, that's true, plus windows xp has its own winzip program and with the same name, but winrar is the best by far, without a doubt.