xisto Community
zootycoongold

Winrar Or Winzip?

HelloI think Winrar better that winzip.ALso my choise is SFX because its not required that another PC have the Winrar/WinZIp .And many place i unable to find winrar software so this type of situation SFX or Winzip is good.

I don't use any of these, although I'd say the winzip would be better for the standard person. I find that winrar can be confusing at times, then there's the cost. Some versions of winzip contain an unlicensed version too, or at least they used to.

Nowadays, I don't use any of these zippers, I use an alternative which is on the freeware license. It's a program called 'izarc'. I would recommend it to anyone asking for a decent zipper. You can even unzip rar files too!

If you would like to install this izarc program, here is a izarc arc page on tucows, a well known downloading site consisting of trial and freeware applications and games.

http://www.tucows.com/preview/335168 - This link should take you straight to the page containing extra information about izarc and a download link.

I hope this comes in handy for someone :-)

Well, I prefer Winrar because as everybody has said it will open up more different file types whereas Winzip will only open up a few. The thing about Winrar and Winzip is they have the start up screens and they always try to get you to buy although there is nothing wrong with that it just gets a little annoying.

Meh, I use WinRar, It no longer asks me to buy the full version(not sure why) so don't have to deal with that, opens more file types, and is easy to use, so yeah.

I prefer winrar because it has many types of extensions that it can decompress but i use both of them. I haven't tested the power of compression of winrar but if i can say a bad thing about winzip it's that it doesn't compress good maybe just like 100-200 kb of a file <,<

Winrar is better becuase it can open all the different types of compressed files including zip files.From my experience the majority of compressed files that i have downloaded have been rars.

the funny thing about winzip is that its supposed to be a trial version and after 30 days its done and overwith but funny im still using it and i havn't paid for it.

I use WinRAR, mainly because I use .rar files alot. Although, in my opinion, WinZip has friendlier interface.

WinRAR wins it for me :huh:

I would say the best thing to do is download both, see which one you prefer, all of us have different opinions, right?