xisto Community
zootycoongold

Winrar Or Winzip?

actaully, I've been using winzip for a while because i find and come across more ZIP files then RAR files on the internet. And since WINZIP was the default compressing file I had, i just used that one =P but now i have winrar but i rarely use it because i rarely download rar files. figures =P

I personaly think that Winrar is better because it is easier to understand and it can open more file types.

190485[/snapback]

i also like win rar bnetter than winzip because like you said its is easier than winzip

the file manager can store more things and you can encrypt and compress them

and it is really easy to register because you can just type in the activation code and a message will come up sayin activation succesfull or invalid code enterd

and when you have registerd it you get even more fetures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think winrar is best for download and setupwindows default settings has Compress format (zip) and not (rar)So , we are must download winrarwinrar is very fast and simple

Yeah, I agree with dooga: I use Power Archiver for compressing and unzipping (uncompressing), but I personally like winrar for downloads. Besides that, Power Archiver is quite a good tool for everyone who wants to unzip any type of compressed file.Cheers!!! :)

I myself use WinZip. I think it is good. I really don't care if WinRar can open more file types. WinZip is good for what I use it for. It all depends on what you are using it for. If you are going to use just .zip files than use WinZip. If you are going to use many different types of files, than use WinRar. Just my opinion.

I used tot be a winzip user but as I found myself encoutering more and more .rar files I decided to swich to winrar which i find does the job just as well. Also, it unarchives more file types.

I personally think Winrar is better. It is able to open different file types and winzip doesn't offer that. I used to have Power Archiver before but now I'm a winrar user. :)

Let see i use both but for different reasons. Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 uses WinZip all the time but i am not playing that game as much anymore because i got Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. And with that when you download stuff onto it you need WinRAR. They are both great but if i had to pic WinRAR.

I personally think that Winzip is the best program you can get. I no longer use Winzip because my free trail has expired. If you do not mind paying the money to buy it I would highly recommend it. If you do not have money like me you should get something else (I just use the unzip utility that comes with Windows because I am cheap and it works pretty good if you only handle .zip files).