xisto Community
zootycoongold

Winrar Or Winzip?

OK i use winrar for .rar files and just use the windows .zip file opener for the rest. I just find it easier and more efficient to do it this way.

Why using both, when WinRar can open .zip files just as easy as WinZip does?
I prefer WinRar cuz it's easy, fast and open many type of files.

WinRAR is More Efficient for compression any file. But any scripts not support rar arhivation, scripts usially support .zip or .tar.gz arhivation.

i love both i have both and use both no real refrence on one or the other they both serve their purpose and ive never haad issues with any

I prefer winrar. it keeps all the files archived in the right heirarchy whereas winzip would just thorw all the files in the same directory. But in defense of winzip, I only compress files when I have a heirarchy such as folders and subfolders, etc.

I used to use WinZip. I sometimes still install it to make Self-Extracting EXE files. I have tried WinRAR, I think that program is awesome. However, it is only Shareware.If you are comparing WinRAR to WinZip, WinRAR is better. However, it needs to be paid for. WinZip is nagware, waiting for xx seconds and click Continue.I prefer ZipGenius. You can download it from Download.com. It is freeware and it can perform functions somewhat between WinRAR and WinZip. Give it a try.

http://www.rarlab.com/ is the website... and it just takes you to download.com to download it so your doing good :)

anyways, i used to use winzip until i started downloading things that were in .rar folders, so ive been using that ever since.. and i think its pretty darn good

I use WinRAR because it has many types of extensions that it can decompress unlike WinZip. Most of the files I download anyways are RAR files for which I need the correct decompresser. Also, the verison of WinZip I have (I believe it is 7.0) doesn't have that many features compared to WinRAR.