xisto Community
zootycoongold

Winrar Or Winzip?

Personally I use WinRAR. It compresses better then WinZip, you can split an archive to a few (or many!) Floppys, Zip Disks, Thumb Drives, CDs, DVDs etc. you need.I checked into a archiver called "KGB Archiver" because it was supposed to have wicked compression rates but, it only does on specific things like text documents. Other things such as MPEG files take too long to compress with it and the advantage over WinRAR is not enough to justify the time it takes to compress stuff with KGB.So, with all that said I vote "WinRAR". :)

I Use Winrar because when i install winrar i can open all compress file format , You can move files in windows and linux with winrar with .tr file format , winrar formats works at linux apartment but winzip is winzip .

While choosing between Winzip and Winrar these points should be considered:

Winrar can compress data 15% more than Winzip

Winrar comes with 30 days trial version.

Unregistered version of Winzip comes with an annoying window everytime it is open and with all the features of full version.

Considering these points, I use Winzip's unregistered version and happy to press ok button each time it opens. But would like to buy Winrar, when I will be able to spend some bucks.

I personall use WinAce and that works fine for me and always has done. Dut i would dl a couple and just try everybody has differnt preffrences and stuff so its each to his own i guess(not 'his' in a male sense its just a saying.lol)

Personally , I like Win ZIP more than WinRAR , win Zip is more popular and more trusted than Win RAR but too bad that Win Zip can't extract RARed files . But I still think Win Zip is the best.

Ok, I've been asking this all over the internet but is WinRar better than WinZip or the other way around? :lol:
( Hope this is in right forum! )

i use 7-zip only for compress my file archives.

and what's more it's open-source and totally free.

use google to find it or just find it on https://sourceforge.net/

Obviously, WinRar.WinRar understands most zipped file types:.rar .zip and all of them.winZip is quite simple,I use the demo of winZip on my own pc.It does all the unzipping but asks me to buy it all the time but I click 'no!'

problem with downloaded compressed file

Winrar Or Winzip?

I recently started having problems with the winrar application I have. When I try uncompressing the files, it gives me a pop up that says "the file is corrupt, unexpected end of archive". It's a trial version and I have a few days left, so I guess that is the cause, is that right?

-juders