xisto Community
Velveteen

Do You Have Stairs In Your House? I am protected.

1 house, 2 set of stairs. One of the sets are used to go upstairs to our bedrooms, bathrooms, etc, and the other set is out the front to go up to the front door. Yes, the house is on a hill, and is sorta sloped at the back.

I feel outdone :( I mean... only having one set of stairs that are very small. plus it bends round halfway - how annoying is that! just going up isn't bad enough you have to turn. In the dark i walk into the wall there <_< Plus, it seems this is a very amusing thread :ph34r:

Two stairs, but I think it's more interesting to ask what people do what five houses, or even more importantly: how did you 'get' five houses? O_O <_< I wonder when we'll all have elevators in our houses :ph34r: Seriously, staircases are sooo old-fashioned x9

We have 2 small sets of stairs. When you enter the house there's a small foyer with a game room (we consider this the main level). Then there's about 6 steps for going upstairs and 6 for going downstairs. So I guess it's 2.5 stories.

I feel outdone I mean... only having one set of stairs that are very small. plus it bends round halfway - how annoying is that! just going up isn't bad enough you have to turn. In the dark i walk into the wall there Plus, it seems this is a very amusing thread

I agree! Where did this one come from anyway? Amusing and interesting to read all those descriptions. So, I guess I will add mine. We have 2 staircases in our home. The first is 3 steps up to the front entry and another into the house. The other is a combo set. 1 step up from the garage, turn to the left and 4 steps up to the house (kitchen) OR continue straight down 8 steps into the basement. It turns like yours Jimmy, but I don't believe anybody has ever walked into the wall. However, it does bother me sometimes when the basement door is open and I am carrying groceries into the house. The platform there is only 3ftx3ft and a close clearance to the first basement step. My husband did make a mistep off the bottom step in the basement, fell and broke his hip on the concrete floor. Result: hip replacement at a very early age, ugh. His mother (the previous owner of the house) made a mistep at the top of the kitchen exit and broke her ankle. So far I have faired well and managed to remain unscathed by the staircases. Maybe it is because I have always been very careful to use the banisters and count the steps to make sure I have reached the top or the bottom. I agree elevators would be nifty, but not everybody can affort such luxury. <_< Edited by Mich (see edit history)

hello.. i just wanted to say, why do you need stairs at your house? why do you like stairs so much. don't you have an oportunity to go outside and walk?

I have two sets of stairs also. Why did you start this topic? haha

I actually do not have any stairs in my house. It is a ranch style house with an extended back section. In my last two homes I had stairs and it kind of was hard to adjust to living on just one level. Although, I like it because it is safer (no fire trap hazard on second floor), and it makes the home more welcoming. I also like the fact that it came with a very large back yard (a little bit of topic), and that it has a finished basement. I do have stairs leading from the first floor to the basement and from the firsr floor to the attic though. I'm not sure if that counts. I may also be adding an addition that would provide kind of a semi-second floor in order to add more room. Haha, its funny how I'm talking about steps in my house. lol.

It's always been a dream of mine to have stairs. And in those dreams I end up dieing.I want stairs mainly for the slinky purpose, not so much the walking up and down. Esspesially at night. I went to S.Dakota for a month(ugh) over the summer, and my cousins had stairs. Every night I'd have to walk downstairs to shower and get ready for bed. Then go back up, all the lights are off and everyone is asleep. And man, it's creepy in that house. Eesh, the stairs creeked to. I'll admit it scared me :). I grabbed the cat and brought it with me one time.