xisto Community
iGuest

Why Does The World Hate America? Is america hated?

There is nothing to hate about America. I don't follow the war with Iraq very closely, I just treat Americans as a fellow human. I may hate or I may like them, it all depends but that does not happen until I get to interact with them. At the moment, Americans to me are nice people, well at least those I know.

The world... at this time... is a sad place, with all this crime and war nad murders and threats...

Yes, many countries hate America because we are fat, rich, and powerful.

Some say:

The French hate us because they think we are a take-off on their "fashion."

The English hate use because we used to be their colonies.

The Japanese, Chinese, and Vietnamese hate us because we stop them from being the most powerful countries.

I don't know though...

There are MANY reasons why some people hate America (and Americans).We're often perceived as the "ugly tourist." We're a loud, boisterous bunch of jerks who will go to other countries on vacation and gripe because we don't get cell phone reception, or because the food is bland, or whatever. Not all of us are like that, but this group is what many non-Americans see. America is a nation filled with spoiled brats. Many parents have the idea that disciplining their children is bad. Let little Johnny do whatever he wants because correcting him would hurt his little feelings. So we have monstrous kids running around in public, acting the fool while their parents stand by saying, "Well, isn't he cute?" (No. He's not. Get him out of this store before I go insane.) And these kids grow up to become spoiled adults. We aren't patient. We don't believe in working hard and saving up to pay cash (we haven't matured enough to have that impulse control - instead, we charge everything and go into major debt because we just HAVE to have a 42-inch, plasma-screen TV NOW).Oh, and we don't have a clue about anything that isn't American. Many of us would not have been able to find Afghanistan on a map before 9/11 (and many of us still can't). If it isn't American or in America, we don't care to learn about it. Whereas other nations teach their children about other countries...especially America.There are a lot of reasons why other people hate us. I don't think that ALL of the reasons are bad. I actually agree with some of them. By all means, express what you like and dislike about my country. But please let me have my opinion too. ;)

Personally, I don't hate America. I think America is the greatest country of the world. I live in Canada, and I would really love to move to an American State one day (Hopefully soon!) But the main reason that I think America is hated by a lot of the other countries is because they stick their nose in where it doesn't belong. A main example was the war in Vietnam. It had nothing to do with America .. it was between Southern and Northern Vietnam, yet America kept on sending in troops of American soldiers. A lot of those soldiers died or lost limbs and they still continued to send troops, that wasn't right. And again, America is getting involved in the War thats happening in Israel. I think America should stay concerned about America. Its great they're trying to help the other countries out, but the consequences that they have to suffer for that aren't so good. And, well Bush isn't such a great leader of a country and wealthy and as powerful as America. C'mon, when 9/11 occured he wanted to hear the end of some story at a school .. this is a leader for your country? No. He should've gotten up right away and seen what he could have done. That was something I heard, so I'm not 100% sure if thats correct or not. Bush has some good things, and he has some bad. America's a really nice country and a really nice place to go. I've only been there twice. Florida (When I was very little) and South Carolina a couple years ago. I really enjoyed South Carolina. I hope Canada becomes more like the US. The US has some ups as well. The tax in Canada is 14% and in the US its like 8% i think? Thats a fairly big difference in my opinion. They also have a much better selection of, well, everything. America's great, and I don't have anything against it. I think its stupid thats its a very hated country when maybe it's only trying to help so things can get settled down. Just my opinion.

if you thnk just a lil on what the president is , you will understand that the president is the representant of the country if he is evil the country is .... i know people are inocent but if they keep silance so that mean that they are agree with him , if they arn't they should make him down and recriute an other president that they consider like a representant .for me i know that the president is the employer of citizens and only the citizens who have the right to hire or fire this employer ....maybe in america they arn't agree but they are all employers of bush ....i wonder why ppl keeps waching what the governement doing ( afganistan , irak , maybe iran the big problem in palestin , america leave israel killing inocents and all the world still waching ..) its normal that all ppl will hate amercia .you should ask this question :Is there any one who loves america (exept thier citizens) ??

I'll have to say it varies by country by country.. Although they are allys with many of the western nations, those that may not necessarily share their views may oppose them for those reasons (eg religions, democracy, big bullies, etc).. Other countries may hate em for sporting reasons (eg olympics.. esp swimming where they are competitive with Australia .. a small continent nation)..

Well, i think that most countries hate America for a few reasons. First, they might be jealous cause he can do whatever we want. I don't know about that one though.Second, we always get into *BLEEP* that doesn't concern us, and we are always going into other countries business. I hate it when people do that to me, so why wouldn't others?Not all countries hate America though. Just most of them. Lol.

Edited by Justinx14 (see edit history)

I don't hate america but i do dislike their government. They are not in chrge of the world, but why are they acting as though they are? huh? They send troops over to iraq to keep order but they aren't, if all the americans leave the middle east then everyone would be happy. They are not in charge of the world. And many times I think that the presidnt from RA2 is better than every American president (except washington). Everytime its 'lets negotiate, lets negotiate, lets negotiate' but the enemy doesn't want to negotiate, they want bloddshed and war!PS Im not flaming. Just telling everybody that USA shouldn't act like they own the world

I think that the world hates United States od America, because of their government! There is also this rummor going around, that Americans are just stupid and they do not know anything about the world geography or anything similar. As I've said these are all rummors and one should never judge the whole country by its president or a few people he have met. The one thing that really is problematic is the politics of the USA. They just don't want to sign the Kyote protocol, which would prevent the destruction of our planet eventhought they face great natural disasters. The next thing are their media, because they are all controlled by a few big companies tied closely with the president and he can therefore put in public whatever he wants. Plus all that, they are in WAR, a real war that takes more casualties every day than the whole amount of casualties in the slaughter a few days ago.These things are happening and they are reality people jsut deny to realize as truth! BUT, as I've said in the beginning - it is important to know that not all americans are like that and many are very smart, educated and intelligent people.Stereotypes are never good, but always present everywhere - we just have to live with it!Best whises

Its not about hating America as it is. It is just that their foreign policy is sooooooo bad. It still acts like a lone superpower. The invasion of Iraq was a major turning point. Even for moderates, America is being seen as a stubborn country that refuses to learn from its past mistakes.

I dont like America because:1) They are the biggest polluters in the world (china is second)2) The only reason they sent troops to Iraq was to steal oil3) They stole the idea of rounders and changes it into baseball4) The stole rugby and made it into their own sport5) Largely rascist (Everyone is rascist but america goes the furthest)6) Still treat blacks like dirt in some parts of the country7) Trying to control everything. --> Americas 53rd state --> The Universe8) Claiming part of Antarctica even though they went their behind many other countries9) They think they are better than everyone else (generally)Im sorry but thats just the way i feel. As well as this most americans i have met i have not liked.

Normally I'd just ignore this post but not today.

1) They are the biggest polluters in the world (china is second)

They are also one of the most advanced countries in the world. Add to that a large population and it is logistical mathematics.

2) The only reason they sent troops to Iraq was to steal oil

Correction: it is a highly popular view that they went to Iraq for oil. Even if this was true, and it may be, it was the government and not the people. Remember, the American population was lied to just like the rest of the world. Some say Bush Jr was just "tidying up his daddy's dirty work".

3) They stole the idea of rounders and changes it into baseball4) The stole rugby and made it into their own sport

Don't know the history of those sports but just because they're similar doesn't mean they're stolen.

5) Largely rascist (Everyone is rascist but america goes the furthest)

That comment itself is racist...

6) Still treat blacks like dirt in some parts of the country

The correct term is that they still treat members of visible minorities like dirt... Even so, there are countires that still block women's political and even basic rights.

9) They think they are better than everyone else (generally)

And you apparently think you're better than Americans; everyone is entitled to their opinions. Just like a fair amount of Americans claim Canadians think they're better than Americans. Truth is no one is better, just better off, and even then it depends on your prespective.
And no, I'm not American, I'm Canadian. Yes, I do have some disgruntlements with the American institutions but I do not hold that against the American people.

My friend lives in Saudi Arabia and he work with different nationality like in America, but racism is to the lowest level in the world.There people do not hate Americans but the policies made by America by the zonist lobby or the jews thats what people hate. the double standards the government plays and the hate towards the Muslims.lots of people want to go there for higher studies as they regard the education standard as the highestI am just telling you the kind of feeling going on in the other part of the world.According to me some Americans are afraid even to travel but on the other hand Another of my friend is an American, but he is not afraid to travel. Sure, some people of other Nations hate Americans, but some Americans also hate persons of other Nations as well. There will always be hate, that is a sad fact, but there is also a lot of love too.his parents just came back from a 3 week European vacation. They were in London, Paris, Venice, Lucerne and I forget the name of the town in Germany.It was a whole bus load of American tourists. His parents were treated very nicely everywhere they went. They are also very sweet people, and how can you hate a sweet person? I truly believe Americans are treated as they act, no matter where in the world they are.

We hate Americans because there's a high degree of self-righteous tossers who have this belief that Americans have it the best and are the best blah blah blah. America tries to impose on other countries, take oil, resources, (lives), they spread their fattening pop tart annoying culture everywhere. 9/11 was yet another pathetic attempt to create a reason to attack a country that "oh looky you must happen to have one of the worlds largest oil deposits!" there you go. Their engineering is bogus, cars are large and consume LOADS of petrol (hence the need to steal oil from other countries :) they show the rest of the world what it is to be a consumer in the most extreme of fashions. They are a disgusting, uneducated, unethical, unrefined race with an even less like able government. That said however there are of course likable Americans in my opinion, but not many!

I'm Canadian, and one of the reasons I generally dislike Americans is because their ignorant. I went there on vacation once (Texas) and I overheard someone say, "Hey, did you hear? Canada finally got their own newspaper! Oh really? How do they deliver them in the cold?" No, we don't live in igloos. But we can't really say that America is the worst polluter in the world without looking at our own country. Recently, a study showed that Canada was ranked 53rd out of 56 countries in preventing carbon emissions. And we can't meet the Kyoto Protocol's standards.