xisto Community
iGuest

Why Does The World Hate America? Is america hated?

There are plenty of stories of war in the Bible.  Do you expect us to just sit here and let every jihadist on this planet bomb the hell out of us? I mean seriously?

Then it proves my point that bush is a liar.

There are plenty of stories of war in the Bible.  Do you expect us to just sit here and let every jihadist on this planet bomb the hell out of us? I mean seriously?

Then it proves my point that bush is a liar.
umm ok i don't exactly how that works out but....

anyway I think we should drop this, clearly all of you have a skewed vision of America and Bush, and I am getting tired of arguing.

the Christian view of war is its ok if fewer would die through war than with it.In that regard, there is an argument that the war against iraq was justified from a religious perspective. I personally dont 'hate america', i quite like it, and the americans i know... but i dont support stupid policy. Just as if i felt a policy in england was stupid i wouldnt support that. It doesnt mean i 'hate all american policy', it is very rare to find a party with whom you align yourself with every policy.However, it isnt just that issue that makes people think Bush is stupid.For one thing, he's declared war on 'rebellion' - As terrorism is basically a rebellion against the people viewed to have all the control.It doesnt take a genius to realise that rebellion is the fruit of supression.He is simply breeding more terrorism. Perhaps he would have done better to attempt to help these countries who hate america, by using the money he's spent on this much broader war to repair the damage that was breeding the terrorism.I happen to think that having saddam out of power was worth it, though i dont think there was any great rush to run against the united nations, or to prevent hans blix from finishing the job he was commissioned to do.If you are going to defend Bush, then tell me what the rush was? If the rush came from the people of america..then i feel justified in calling those people of america rash and hasty...or perhaps those same people can be called ignorant, or volatile, given that their views will have been aided by the media, who would have been adjusted to some degree by the government, and given that their anger at the 'eastern world' stems primarily from 9/11. If it was some economical diversion, then i worry that your economy hasnt done quite as well as it could have lately, and dont know why you're falling for it.I find it funny that people who defend Bush, make a point of saying that the rest of the world views 'all americans' as stupid when none of them are, when the actions of their country would suggest that all muslims were terrorists, and all of the east were mixed up in it. I'm also very wary of taking note of people who use arguments such as 'omg you just dont get it do you?'. In this situation, i actually just disagree with you, though i do understand your position alot better than you might think.

It doesnt take a genius to realise that rebellion is the fruit of supression.
He is simply breeding more terrorism. Perhaps he would have done better to attempt to help these countries who hate america, by using the money he's spent on this much broader war to repair the damage that was breeding the terrorism.

I happen to think that having saddam out of power was worth it, though i dont think there was any great rush to run against the united nations, or to prevent hans blix from finishing the job he was commissioned to do.

I totally agree with that. I would just add to the first sentence:
It doesnt take a genius to realise that rebellion is the fruit of supression and a lack of information which several 'evil' persons (I mean terroristic leaders like Bin Laden) use to recruit terrorists.

I wanted to add that because you need a lot of propaganda and things like that to turn people into terrorists. Supression is not the only cause. But I still cannot understand those terrorists.
How stupid can you be to believe, assuming you believe in god and heaven, that you go to heaven and receive a few virgins by killing yourself and a lot of innocent people?

What a load of crap this discussion has turned into. America voted Bush into office. GET OVER IT. :twisted: Bush took us to Iraq with the congress'es approval. (emphasis on "with") Maybe we didn't understand the long haul, maybe we could've handled it different, but this is not helping anything now. Saddam Hussien was not obeying the rules, (meaning the UN) and you can't play by the rules and win against a cheater. The media really twists the situation in iraq. They are happy to be free. The rebellion is from people who want ultimate power.

Thank you!! Why cant everyone just stop their whining and move on. And I like the video lolIts true, Canada would be nothing whithout America. I mean, its almost like having a shield over your country. And it wouldnt be very wise for canada to hurt relations with America.BTW, like i said before, they have and are STILL finding WMDs in Iraq!!! No, we didnt go there to get oil. It just makes me lmao everytime someon says that. The UN is useless. they do nothing. The oil for food scandal should be proof that America should no longer be in the UN. Much less let them be stationed in New York.

i love america, and i think some ppl dont like americans, coz they see a lot of us always saying *BLEEP* liek "america is the best" "if we went to war with u wed just nuke u and win", other ppl dont like that, and they get a bad idea of america in general

What a load of crap this discussion has turned into. America voted Bush into office. GET OVER IT. :twisted:  Bush took us to Iraq with the congress'es approval. (emphasis on "with") Maybe we didn't understand the long haul, maybe we could've handled it different, but this is not helping anything now. Saddam Hussien was not obeying the rules, (meaning the UN) and you can't play by the rules and win against a cheater. The media really twists the situation in iraq. They are happy to be free. The rebellion is from people who want ultimate power.

The UN agrees that dislike of someones policy (i.e. regime change) is not sufficient grounds to go to war.

Trying to defend that is like jumping into a volcanoe.

If Sadam was clearly disobeying the UN by doing things the UN approved war for, then why didnt you're country give Hans Blix more time to tell you what you were getting into?

Yes, Sadam was disobeying the UN - so why didnt you wait for approval before running against the rest of the world (as represented by the UN) and taking my country with you.