xisto Community
iGuest

Why Does The World Hate America? Is america hated?

i love america, and i think some ppl dont like americans, coz they see a lot of us always saying *BLEEP* liek "america is the best" "if we went to war with u wed just nuke u and win", other ppl dont like that, and they get a bad idea of america in general

Yeah i think you're right - it stems from a bit of arrogance.

Britain does have that sort of opinion to some degree too - or did at the height of our empire

Its not so much a dislike of patriotical pride that causes it, its a dislike of arrogance - which includes not giving other peoples opinions a fair voice - with reference to country policy.

What a load of crap this discussion has turned into. America voted Bush into office. GET OVER IT. :twisted:  Bush took us to Iraq with the congress'es approval. (emphasis on "with") Maybe we didn't understand the long haul, maybe we could've handled it different, but this is not helping anything now. Saddam Hussien was not obeying the rules, (meaning the UN) and you can't play by the rules and win against a cheater. The media really twists the situation in iraq. They are happy to be free. The rebellion is from people who want ultimate power.

The UN agrees that dislike of someones policy (i.e. regime change) is not sufficient grounds to go to war.

Trying to defend that is like jumping into a volcanoe.

If Sadam was clearly disobeying the UN by doing things the UN approved war for, then why didnt you're country give Hans Blix more time to tell you what you were getting into?

Yes, Sadam was disobeying the UN - so why didnt you wait for approval before running against the rest of the world (as represented by the UN) and taking my country with you.

We didn't take you with us. You followed because your elected leaders thought it was a good idea too. Quit blameing bush (and americans) for your administration's mistakes. (if you insist on calling them mistakes)

BTW, like i said before, they have and are STILL finding WMDs in Iraq!!!  No, we didnt go there to get oil. It just makes me lmao everytime someon says that.  The UN is useless. they do nothing.  The oil for food scandal should be proof that America should no longer be in the UN. Much less let them be stationed in New York.

What weapons of mass destruction? Can you give us an example? Knifes or maybe even a gun? I never heared of anything that could be even considered as weapons of mass destruction.
And there was no terrorism in Iraq before the war, only after.
And I agree that going to Iraq for oil is stupid and maybe funny to some. But it's the most likely reason why Bush started that war as he absolutely didn't care for the Iraqi people. And I'm pretty sure he knew there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Otherwise the CIA and the FBI would be useless.

Well, I was going to post this before FNH went down for awhile, and haven't been on since, so I am going to post it now. I'm sure since I was going to post, people have already mentioned some of these things, but this was from a week ago-I think I have a completely different view from anyone so far. I do live in America, but in New York, and if anyone knows, it is a hopelessly blue state (anti-republican state/anti-bush). And my views certainly resemble that. But let's get to Iraq.Iraq... America.... Iraq.... I wanna know the last time Iraq attacked us. Not the Bushes, I said US. Yes, Saddam ordered a hit on Bush Sr., but I don't really think it was smart for Dubya to immediatly try to avenge his daddy. So, people who say, "Oh, were defending ourselves, that's why we went to war." Wrong. So what's the next reason. Liberating the people of Iraq. OK, I'll bite. Yes, Saddam terrorized his people, and tested weapons on them, and yes, to put it in Bush's exact words, a, "Bad Man." But if your neighbor's are having problems, do you go over there with your gun drawn and try to do it yourself? No, you call the cops. Also known as the U.N.. I mean, it was just a joke that the US went to the UN. You don't act like a four year old on a world spectrum, and when you think about it, thats what we did. "Well, we want your support to go to Iraq, but if you don't let us, we're gonna go anyway." God.What's the next reason... oh, weapons of mass distruction. Don't get me started.What else has the US done to piss people off... how 'bout the tsunami. When the tsunami first hit, Bush's first pledge to support to the US was extremely, pitifully low. Then he raised it to $35 million.In a related story, in one single day, our vice-president *BLEEP* Cheney sold all of his stocks of his company Halliburton. How much did he make? A nice cold $35 million. So, in shorthand, it looks like 150,000 lives is worth a day of work to the US. And how about some internal reasons of why Americans hate America? I really need to talk about one subject- money. At this point, the cost in Iraq is barely under $150 Billion :shock: :shock: . When Bush came in, we were in a fantastic surplus of money, and now we are in a shocking deficit. Our Social Security Program, that's been going strong since the 40's, is now in shambles, and slowly running out of money to give.I could go on, but my hands hurt.

BTW, like i said before, they have and are STILL finding WMDs in Iraq!!!  No, we didnt go there to get oil. It just makes me lmao everytime someon says that. 

The UN is useless. they do nothing.  The oil for food scandal should be proof that America should no longer be in the UN. Much less let them be stationed in New York.

What weapons of mass destruction? Can you give us an example? Knifes or maybe even a gun? I never heared of anything that could be even considered as weapons of mass destruction.

And I agree that going to Iraq for oil is stupid and maybe funny to some. But it's the most likely reason why Bush started that war as he absolutely didn't care for the Iraqi people. And I'm pretty sure he knew there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Otherwise the CIA and the FBI would be useless.

OK i guess you havn't been paying attention.

Here it is again:

No WMDs? Tons of Uranium, Sarin Gas, Buried MiGs

The U.S. has ended the hunt for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, with the press here and abroad describing the effort as a abject failure that turned up no evidence whatsoever that Saddam Hussein possessed weapons of mass destruction. 

Even President Bush appears to be throwing in the towel, telling ABC's Barbara Walters in an interview set for broadcast Friday night: 

"I felt like we'd find weapons of mass destruction - like many here in the United States, many around the world. We need to find out what went wrong in the intelligence gathering." Predictably, Democrats are rushing to make political hay over the news. 

"Now that the search is finished, President Bush needs to explain to the American people why he was so wrong, for so long, about the reasons for war," demanded top House Dem Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday, filled with pseudo outrage. 

Instead of taking Pelosi's advice, Bush would do better to explain to the American people just what U.S. forces did find in their search for banned weapons in Iraq - starting with, for instance, the 1.8 tons of partially enriched uranium Saddam had socked away. 

Here's how the Associated Press covered that news last June: 

"In a secret operation, the United States last month removed from Iraq nearly two tons of uranium and hundreds of highly radioactive items that could have been used in a so-called dirty bomb, the Energy Department disclosed Tuesday. 

"The nuclear material was secured from Iraq's former nuclear research facility and airlifted out of the country to an undisclosed Energy Department laboratory for further analysis," the AP said. 

"Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham described the previously undisclosed operation, which was concluded June 23, as 'a major achievement' in an attempt to 'keep potentially dangerous nuclear material out of the hands of terrorists.'" 

And if Bush needs more ammunition to refute Pelosi, he could cite the discovery of Sarin gas-filled artillery shells. 

"We've found ten or twelve Sarin and Mustard rounds," Iraq Survey Group chief Charles Duelfer told Fox News, after his team uncovered the WMD cache last June. 

"We're finding things and we're getting reports of hidden caches almost every day which we have to investigate," Duelfer added. 

And if the White House wants some dramatic imagery to show how easy it was for Saddam to hide banned weapons, how about those photos of the 30 Iraqi jet fighters that weapons searchers found buried in the sand near Baghdad. 

Here's how the Associated Press covered that development in Aug. 2003: 

"American teams hunting for Iraq's alleged weapons of mass destruction found dozens of fighter jets from Iraq's air force buried beneath the sands, U.S. officials say. 

"At least one Cold War-era MiG-25 interceptor was found when searchers saw the tops of its twin tail fins poking up from the sands, said one Pentagon official familiar with the hunt. He said search teams have found several MiG-25s and Su-25 ground attack jets buried at al-Taqqadum air field west of Baghdad. . . ." 

The find astonished even then-House Intelligence Committee Chairman , now CIA Director, Porter Goss. 

"Our guys have found 30-something brand new aircraft buried in the sand to deny us access to them," Goss told the AP. "These are craft we didn't know about." 

No weapons of mass destruction? President Bush needs to spend more time examining the evidence, and less time working through his mea culpas with Barbara Walters.

BTW, like i said before, they have and are STILL finding WMDs in Iraq!!!  No, we didnt go there to get oil. It just makes me lmao everytime someon says that. 

The UN is useless. they do nothing.  The oil for food scandal should be proof that America should no longer be in the UN. Much less let them be stationed in New York.

OK i guess you havn't been paying attention.

Here it is again:

No WMDs? Tons of Uranium, Sarin Gas, Buried MiGs

The U.S. has ended the hunt for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, with the press here and abroad describing the effort as a abject failure that turned up no evidence whatsoever that Saddam Hussein possessed weapons of mass destruction. 

Even President Bush appears to be throwing in the towel, telling ABC's Barbara Walters in an interview set for broadcast Friday night: 

"I felt like we'd find weapons of mass destruction - like many here in the United States, many around the world. We need to find out what went wrong in the intelligence gathering." Predictably, Democrats are rushing to make political hay over the news. 

"Now that the search is finished, President Bush needs to explain to the American people why he was so wrong, for so long, about the reasons for war," demanded top House Dem Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday, filled with pseudo outrage. 

Instead of taking Pelosi's advice, Bush would do better to explain to the American people just what U.S. forces did find in their search for banned weapons in Iraq - starting with, for instance, the 1.8 tons of partially enriched uranium Saddam had socked away. 

Here's how the Associated Press covered that news last June: 

"In a secret operation, the United States last month removed from Iraq nearly two tons of uranium and hundreds of highly radioactive items that could have been used in a so-called dirty bomb, the Energy Department disclosed Tuesday. 

"The nuclear material was secured from Iraq's former nuclear research facility and airlifted out of the country to an undisclosed Energy Department laboratory for further analysis," the AP said. 

"Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham described the previously undisclosed operation, which was concluded June 23, as 'a major achievement' in an attempt to 'keep potentially dangerous nuclear material out of the hands of terrorists.'" 

And if Bush needs more ammunition to refute Pelosi, he could cite the discovery of Sarin gas-filled artillery shells. 

"We've found ten or twelve Sarin and Mustard rounds," Iraq Survey Group chief Charles Duelfer told Fox News, after his team uncovered the WMD cache last June. 

"We're finding things and we're getting reports of hidden caches almost every day which we have to investigate," Duelfer added. 

And if the White House wants some dramatic imagery to show how easy it was for Saddam to hide banned weapons, how about those photos of the 30 Iraqi jet fighters that weapons searchers found buried in the sand near Baghdad. 

Here's how the Associated Press covered that development in Aug. 2003: 

"American teams hunting for Iraq's alleged weapons of mass destruction found dozens of fighter jets from Iraq's air force buried beneath the sands, U.S. officials say. 

"At least one Cold War-era MiG-25 interceptor was found when searchers saw the tops of its twin tail fins poking up from the sands, said one Pentagon official familiar with the hunt. He said search teams have found several MiG-25s and Su-25 ground attack jets buried at al-Taqqadum air field west of Baghdad. . . ." 

The find astonished even then-House Intelligence Committee Chairman , now CIA Director, Porter Goss. 

"Our guys have found 30-something brand new aircraft buried in the sand to deny us access to them," Goss told the AP. "These are craft we didn't know about." 

No weapons of mass destruction? President Bush needs to spend more time examining the evidence, and less time working through his mea culpas with Barbara Walters.

Instead of just copying and pasting from you e-mail....give us a link to a RELIABLE source where all of this is said! How do we know that this email wasn't just a joke??

ahh, I see! :(well, lets just say that everyone is entitled to their opinions and that this argument should end. It can go on for ever, but get nowhere! :D

I agree. Even though I still think you guys have a very unaccurate view of America and I really want to bust all of your insane claims about the US, this conversation is doing nothing but turning into a big, heated argument.

usa america? :D I know what you mean, but its better to be spicific and say central america or something:)probily because sometimes the government "shows off" it's kina of funny because we had a russian exchange student like every year for 5 years and when she talked about the tsunami she thought it was secretly nasa or something...

Can somebody tell me why you say americans in order to talk about to the inhabitants of the USA? USA is not America, not yet, USA are in America.it will be custom perhaps? someone know when the custom arose?

Hi!
I don´t hate America...but i hate that America is something like World Police :(  
Take the Iraq for a example...The America goes to war on Iraq without the UN´s support & that is in my oppinion wrong....What do you think emilin :?:

Sweden does not have war in over 200 years!
In the WWW 2 we did something that i believe that sweden could done better...Hitler walked in sweden to Norway & invaded Norway.... :(  but the past is the past...

TEAM AMERICA WORLD POLICE!!! :D:(:(

In the USA and, until recently in central and south america, indigenous peeps have been invisible, their cultural and political activistm distorted, and subjected to severe government and police oppression with little world media attention. That the UN has a Permanent Forum on Indigengous Peoples https://www.un.org/development/desa/indigenouspeoples/ which obviously includes the dispossessed peeps of the USA makes the relationship between the USA and the UN much more problematic. Even though this seems a small part of world politics, indigenous relationships with larger, 'so-called' governments like the USA reveal some of the essential problems we face today.