xisto Community
iGuest

Why Does The World Hate America? Is america hated?

OK a lot of you are saying you don't like how America goes to war and stuff.Well,We don't need the UN's permission to defend ourselves! Some people say they don't like how we act as the world's police. Well lets see how well the world does without America "policing" for a year or even six months. It wouldn't be doing to well thats for sure. I'm not talking about anyone on this forum, but my main opinion of why everyone seems to hate America is because they are jealous! Hey i would be a little too if my country existed for hundreds and hundreds of years and then another country comes and is barely around for two centuries before they are a super power. One example of everyone's quickness to judge America is how when the tsunami hit, some guy from the UN said America was being stingy with support. Excuse me? We sent 35$ million right off the bat. We've increased that by more that ten fold. Is that what is considered stingy? I have strong support for my president. I think he is keeping this country safe and on the right path.

I like the world police. I like the fact that that US is helping Iraq out...

they are NOT helping Iraq...they are just in it for the oil. There was no reason for Bush to go into Iraq...this was all started because of Osama Bin Laden (who is in AFGHANISTAN! not IRAQ)

I dont hate the states...just the leader!

thats my 2 cents :( If you don't like it, well, you dont have to :D

Well, there is alot of stuff going on down there in Iraq, I watched a few documentaries of people going undercover and it is crazy down there. Women wear "blue thingie prison like stuff" that covers their entire body, and the host f the documentary got hit in the back with a gun for not wearing it (she was wearing traditional islamic clothing).But I would like to add that the possibility of Bush being there for the oil, too, is significant. I admit it, at the same time I like part of what Bush does, and part I do not.I would rather see Bush help with Palestinians down there fighting for land. They are having some bloody battles. As for the whole "terrorist" thing, it happened once, and it might happen again, but it would be best if they focued on increased security in homeland rather then going down there.I have also seen some very attrocious deeds done by Americans myself, and I fully do not understand. There is a website that is entirely dedicated to hating Islam, and blaming all Islamic community, and quoting the Kuran wrong. I have recently visited a mosque(sp?) and asked the "leader of establishent" (forgot how the Islamic community calls them). I have asked several questions, stating the quotes from the website. He was sad. I felt he was about to cry, but he held it in, I know it.He has explained alot, and what the world (America mostly) today thinks of Islam is wrong. They are not a terrorist group. Kuran does not state or imply ANYWHERE that all non belivers shall perish.I did not give him the link to the site neither will I here, if you wish it, PM me. All I ask is please do not spread it. And if you are a Muslim, I stongly discourage you from seeing this site. It will make you very mad. I personaly do not place my trust in any religion, although I choose to belive in God, yet I felt offended.

I also thinking of starting a website, where I will try to gather as much information as possible about this whole "hate America, hate Islam, hate the world" and publish it it to millions of people world wide. Well if not millions, maybe a few thousands. Hopefully that would at least influence some of the readers, and knock it in their heads that what they hear is not neccesseraly true, and that media can sometimes corrupt a human being's mind and opinions.

ok...

Where do I begin?

I'm not the best at explaining things, but here i go.

Saying Bush invaded Iraq for oil is the dumbest thing someone can say. Come on, thats complete *BLEEP* and you know it. No reason to go into Iraq, how about the WMDs? And YES there were WMDs. I have to copy and paste this because I got it in an email:

No WMDs? Tons of Uranium, Sarin Gas, Buried MiGs

The U.S. has ended the hunt for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, with the press here and abroad describing the effort as a abject failure that turned up no evidence whatsoever that Saddam Hussein possessed weapons of mass destruction.  

Even President Bush appears to be throwing in the towel, telling ABC's Barbara Walters in an interview set for broadcast Friday night:

"I felt like we'd find weapons of mass destruction - like many here in the United States, many around the world. We need to find out what went wrong in the intelligence gathering." Predictably, Democrats are rushing to make political hay over the news.  

"Now that the search is finished, President Bush needs to explain to the American people why he was so wrong, for so long, about the reasons for war," demanded top House Dem Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday, filled with pseudo outrage.  

Instead of taking Pelosi's advice, Bush would do better to explain to the American people just what U.S. forces did find in their search for banned weapons in Iraq - starting with, for instance, the 1.8 tons of partially enriched uranium Saddam had socked away.  

Here's how the Associated Press covered that news last June:  

"In a secret operation, the United States last month removed from Iraq nearly two tons of uranium and hundreds of highly radioactive items that could have been used in a so-called dirty bomb, the Energy Department disclosed Tuesday.  

"The nuclear material was secured from Iraq's former nuclear research facility and airlifted out of the country to an undisclosed Energy Department laboratory for further analysis," the AP said.  

"Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham described the previously undisclosed operation, which was concluded June 23, as 'a major achievement' in an attempt to 'keep potentially dangerous nuclear material out of the hands of terrorists.'"  

And if Bush needs more ammunition to refute Pelosi, he could cite the discovery of Sarin gas-filled artillery shells.  

"We've found ten or twelve Sarin and Mustard rounds," Iraq Survey Group chief Charles Duelfer told Fox News, after his team uncovered the WMD cache last June.  

"We're finding things and we're getting reports of hidden caches almost every day which we have to investigate," Duelfer added.  

And if the White House wants some dramatic imagery to show how easy it was for Saddam to hide banned weapons, how about those photos of the 30 Iraqi jet fighters that weapons searchers found buried in the sand near Baghdad.  

Here's how the Associated Press covered that development in Aug. 2003:  

"American teams hunting for Iraq's alleged weapons of mass destruction found dozens of fighter jets from Iraq's air force buried beneath the sands, U.S. officials say.  

"At least one Cold War-era MiG-25 interceptor was found when searchers saw the tops of its twin tail fins poking up from the sands, said one Pentagon official familiar with the hunt. He said search teams have found several MiG-25s and Su-25 ground attack jets buried at al-Taqqadum air field west of Baghdad. . . ."  

The find astonished even then-House Intelligence Committee Chairman , now CIA Director, Porter Goss.  

"Our guys have found 30-something brand new aircraft buried in the sand to deny us access to them," Goss told the AP. "These are craft we didn't know about."  

No weapons of mass destruction? President Bush needs to spend more time examining the evidence, and less time working through his mea culpas with Barbara Walters.

I dont mind if you don't like Bush, but please dont dont make up ubsurd ideas. Anyway its easy to start believing in these things when all the big media companies report such lies.

Oh and there are rascist in EVERY country. I personally think Islam is a violent religion, i mean, there main profit was a warrior! That doesnt mean i hate all muslims im not saying all muslims are evil devils.

And to address the argument that America should be concentrating on Afghanistan not Iraq: well we are still there you know. And let me use an analogy:

If someone comes up to you and punches you, its only natural to want to punch them back. But then you see someone coming up to punch you again, obviously you arent going to just let them punch you. You take care of them, then you go deal with the person that punched you before.

How was that?

Well, I haven't read any but the first posts, but I am an American citizen and have lived in the United States of America since I was 4 months old, once I was adopted from Seoul, South Korea. (i'm 15 now). I honostly believe that many people around the world have a right to hate the US. For one thing, we definately don't provide enough aide, both economically, and socially to the world.Look at the Tsunami for example. We are contributing 350 Million USD at least. That's about $1.19 per US citizen, and we are definately by far the richest country.Look at Japan, they are contributing 500 Million USD, that's over 3 dollars per person there, and they still could be contributing more. Especially look at Norway/Sweden, Norway is paying less than the US, but if you look at their population, it's about $36.26 USD per person, compared to the US's $1.19 per person.The US is to greedy with Oil, and energy production, we pollute way to much. We could easily convert all power generation to clean methods like Solar Power here in Florida, geo-thermal in Hawaii and in California and Washington State. Hydropower in other Gulf and Ocean boerdering states, or even Nuclear if we have to.Bottom line is, the US is greedy for money, power, wealth, glory, and oil especially, and plus Bush is a complete idiot, and the people who believe in him are also not the brightest people, i mean look at some of the states he won...Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Florida (yes even my state), not exactly the smartest states of the bunch, all the educated people voted for Kerry becuase Kerry was the smart choice, the choice that would've brought the World to see the US for what it could be, and not as a Red Neck, Greedy, Violent, Incompetant nation like Bush represents our country to be.People may not agree with this post, but so be it. I am a Full Flegded Democrat, and if you aren't, that is your choice, I may not agree with what you believe in, but that is your choice, that's why they call it America. Which is also a reason we shouldn't have the Anti-Terrorist Laws that our good old retiring Attourney General Ashcroft put forth into our laws. We are a free country, and everyone is entitled to their opinions, so if you think otherwise, that is your choice, we all have rights, but justice is not automatic. BTW, if I ever travel outside the US/Canada, then I have decided, i'm traveling as a Canadian lol :D.Kevin Cho - Pioneer Audio Productions General Manager

I was raised like any other U.S. kid, n disbelieved when people we knew (and US citizens) would come back from south america n other parts of the world and tell us what the gov. was doing.....

Now that i am living abroad, and traveled to several countries i can see that there are many things that are (purposefully) omitted n undisclosed in the states.

Someone mentioned that people in the US don't have that good an idea about the rest of the world. If you intend to be a world police and only care to know about what goes on in your town, then whoever is doing the policing does what they want, no?

Another thing, in a democracy, everyone is responsible since the gov. is kept in check by the people. Citizens are the ones responsable for the leaders they elect and for maintaining or disposing of them. It logically follows that a leader's largely uncontested actions will reflect on those who actively or passively support him.

What i can verify from personal observation is that the US gov. has imposed multinational's interests on countries to the detriment of the local economy n standard of living. It has helped and financed low life thieves and criminal dictators (Trujillo, Noriega, Somoza, Menem, Duvalier...).
Invaded countries for fun, but mostly profit .
For a fuller list:
http://www.yachana.org/teaching//resources/interventions.html

Being where those things happened shows they are real. And while we permit
those things to happen, we'll be considered responsable in some way.

p.s. Read "What Uncle Sam really wants" by Noam Chomsky

ok...

Where do I begin?

I'm not the best at explaining things, but here i go.

Saying Bush invaded Iraq for oil is the dumbest thing someone can say. Come on, thats complete *BLEEP* and you know it. No reason to go into Iraq, how about the WMDs? And YES there were WMDs. I have to copy and paste this because I got it in an email:

No WMDs? Tons of Uranium, Sarin Gas, Buried MiGs

The U.S. has ended the hunt for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, with the press here and abroad describing the effort as a abject failure that turned up no evidence whatsoever that Saddam Hussein possessed weapons of mass destruction.

Even President Bush appears to be throwing in the towel, telling ABC's Barbara Walters in an interview set for broadcast Friday night:

"I felt like we'd find weapons of mass destruction - like many here in the United States, many around the world. We need to find out what went wrong in the intelligence gathering." Predictably, Democrats are rushing to make political hay over the news.

"Now that the search is finished, President Bush needs to explain to the American people why he was so wrong, for so long, about the reasons for war," demanded top House Dem Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday, filled with pseudo outrage.

Instead of taking Pelosi's advice, Bush would do better to explain to the American people just what U.S. forces did find in their search for banned weapons in Iraq - starting with, for instance, the 1.8 tons of partially enriched uranium Saddam had socked away.

Here's how the Associated Press covered that news last June:

"In a secret operation, the United States last month removed from Iraq nearly two tons of uranium and hundreds of highly radioactive items that could have been used in a so-called dirty bomb, the Energy Department disclosed Tuesday.

"The nuclear material was secured from Iraq's former nuclear research facility and airlifted out of the country to an undisclosed Energy Department laboratory for further analysis," the AP said.

"Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham described the previously undisclosed operation, which was concluded June 23, as 'a major achievement' in an attempt to 'keep potentially dangerous nuclear material out of the hands of terrorists.'"

And if Bush needs more ammunition to refute Pelosi, he could cite the discovery of Sarin gas-filled artillery shells.

"We've found ten or twelve Sarin and Mustard rounds," Iraq Survey Group chief Charles Duelfer told Fox News, after his team uncovered the WMD cache last June.

"We're finding things and we're getting reports of hidden caches almost every day which we have to investigate," Duelfer added.

And if the White House wants some dramatic imagery to show how easy it was for Saddam to hide banned weapons, how about those photos of the 30 Iraqi jet fighters that weapons searchers found buried in the sand near Baghdad.

Here's how the Associated Press covered that development in Aug. 2003:

"American teams hunting for Iraq's alleged weapons of mass destruction found dozens of fighter jets from Iraq's air force buried beneath the sands, U.S. officials say.

"At least one Cold War-era MiG-25 interceptor was found when searchers saw the tops of its twin tail fins poking up from the sands, said one Pentagon official familiar with the hunt. He said search teams have found several MiG-25s and Su-25 ground attack jets buried at al-Taqqadum air field west of Baghdad. . . ."

The find astonished even then-House Intelligence Committee Chairman , now CIA Director, Porter Goss.

"Our guys have found 30-something brand new aircraft buried in the sand to deny us access to them," Goss told the AP. "These are craft we didn't know about."

No weapons of mass destruction? President Bush needs to spend more time examining the evidence, and less time working through his mea culpas with Barbara Walters.

I dont mind if you don't like Bush, but please dont dont make up ubsurd ideas. Anyway its easy to start believing in these things when all the big media companies report such lies.

Oh and there are rascist in EVERY country. I personally think Islam is a violent religion, i mean, there main profit was a warrior! That doesnt mean i hate all muslims im not saying all muslims are evil devils.

And to address the argument that America should be concentrating on Afghanistan not Iraq: well we are still there you know. And let me use an analogy:

If someone comes up to you and punches you, its only natural to want to punch them back. But then you see someone coming up to punch you again, obviously you arent going to just let them punch you. You take care of them, then you go deal with the person that punched you before.

How was that?

heres the real article:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

and he did go in for the oil.that is not complete *BLEEP*. and you know it!

Politics works in such a way in the west (democracy), that people take the voice of the majority to mean the voice of all. The alternative is a different form of government, yet i've yet to see one better.When people generalise, they dont mean every single person, they mean the decision of the country. Represented by the majority, through democracy.In the following i therefore generalise...yet i'm full aware that not all people fit into the negative views of americans i will summise.people dont like america because they are scared of the way it is run.Bush is not the sharpest tool in the box, his countless quotes illustrate that well enough....for instance 'more and more of our exports are coming from overseas' to name but one of themI'm sorry, but phrases like that are indefensible. Perhaps if there was only 1 or 2 of them it would be forgetable, but he's said so many.I sympathise that they think of themselves as world police - I am well aware that we Britons have done exactly the same thing in the past 2 centurys, however, i also feel we learnt some lessons that the USA has failed to observe in its current foreign policy.It's also very easy to claim americans are stupid - because of various polls e.g. the way that 14% of americans can't find america on a map, according to some 2001 poll. Also, because many of them fail to contemplate even the possibility that the rest of the world might be seeing less bias media than americans themselves, when it comes to promoting america.Britain is close to America, our media should be pro american if anything, yet even we see bad things.Undoubtably, every country has pro 'their country' media...People are also jealous, and angry, because america does control 90% of the worlds wealth when millions starve.The east views america as the epitomy of everything they hate about the west. The rest of the west (western democracy apart from america) views american actions in response to the views of the east as irrational. They also view them as ignorant in some issues, because they feel that American policy forgets the lessons learnt by centuries of european history.

omg you people just dont understand do you??? Bush is an idiot? Last time I checked, idiots dont graduate from Harvard(sp?) and Yale, become an owner of a MLB team, become governor of a state, and last but not least, become president! and of course the Washington Post would say something like that! They are completely liberal biased. I doubt you even read the article I posted. The fact is, liberal is just another word for communist. And please don't say everyone in the south is dumb. And how can you say Kerry was the smart choice??? Come on!!! He was a traitor for one thing. I'm just so suprised that so many of you still believe on those liberal talking points, since they have long been proven wrong.

Bush says he is a born agian christian :!: Since when does a christian goto war :?: The truth is politics is a game-the only winners are the money grabbing bastards..

There are plenty of stories of war in the Bible. Do you expect us to just sit here and let every jihadist on this planet bomb the hell out of us? I mean seriously?