xisto Community
Sarah81

How Fast Can You Type?

I learned by Mavis Beacon typing game thing how embarassing

I think i am like 50 words a minute or something though I don't actually type like it teaches and how most people learn and teach it.

I have my own way, whenever I'm not typing my hand are off the keyboard but I just know where the keys are and just... type like that. I don't need to look at the keyboard either.

Have to check again, I think last time I measured I was around 240.

I think 240 is really fast.Could you please test your speed with the standard test all of us use, a few pages before in the present post.
For instance, I type as fast as people talk with me, and it's measured only 72.

So, try with our standard test, it will ask you to type a normal text, with normal sentences during a few minutes, in order to have an average value of your speed during a sustained effort and the nomber of errors, corrected (which makes you slower) or not corrected, and we will have a reasonable measurement of your spead, at least a measurement with the same standard as ours.

Regards
Yordan

Yordan

According to this site http://typera.net/applet.cws?language=du I reached 369 keys per minute ~ 73 words per minute as a record.

Although in reality I don't always type as fast and my error count is a little bit higher than I desire. Like the OP I also constantly rephrase stuff. I've also never learned to use all 10 fingers, I just jump around with 4. I play the piano, so I'm used to that.

Change the language of the link to English of course.

Your score: 314 keys per minute ~ 62 words per minuteLanguage/mode: du
Ranking: That was fast - you can still improve, though.
Comparison: 31% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 69% have a lower or equal result.

You typed: Cross is zodanig geschreven dat er verschillende binarys mogelijk zijn hin totale energie is groot genoeg om de hele Middellandse Zee weg te koken. Een CME, of 'cornoal mass ejection' door de Europees/eAMerikaanse zonsverkenner SOHO Het wachten isvooral op een ebter energiebron. De source (geschreven in een voor mensen leesbare programmeertaal) blijft geheim, zodat alleen Microsoft de fouten eruit kan halen. In plaats daarvan stuurt de vliegende robot zijn digitale verhaal rechstreeks naar de computer in de verkeerstoren, die een nette presentatie op het scherm verzorgt. Software wordt veel beter en minder duur. Programma wordt assisten. Volgens SecurityFocus lagen installaties van Microsoft internet information server (IIS) in 2001 maar liefst 17.000.000 k

Mistakes: Cross(Cross-platform-software), zijn(zijn.), hin(Hun), 'cornoal('coronal), ejection'(ejection',gefotografeerd), Europees/eAMerikaanse(Europees/Amerikaanse), SOHO(SOHO.), ebter(betere), rechstreeks(rechtstreeks), assisten.(assistent.), Microsoft(Microsofts)

Well done!

If you want to see more of how you're doing compared to others, you can register (free). This enables highscore lists and other features.

I can type faster if I want to, but the texts are so incredibily stupid that I can't even predict was is supposed to come (wich does help if you type). Plus, it's too sensitive when it comes to errors.

A few years ago, I was typing about 30-40 WPM. Just did a test now, and apparently, I'm typing 77 WPM. Of course, when I'm writing something from my thoughts, it takes a bit longer, so I suppose on average, I type about 50-60 WPM. Still, I'm shocked that I can type that fast, since when I was eight (I'm in high school right now), I barely knew how to use a keyboard, and didn't even know how to capitalize letters. XD Ah, fun memories.Serena

The keyboard is so bad at this "cabina de internet", i did the test, my average speed is 35WPM!!! I won a typing test 4 years ago... but my keyboard was good!!! My common average typing speed is about 55-80WPM, all depends on the language, because English is my second language.
Peru is a country with less more than 10% of analfabetism, to know typing is a privilege for "need to job" and interested people. I learned thanks to a friend, he suggested me and her son to follow a course of 1 month. Typing is really easy, you only need 30-120min daily. Some Linux users will love to use: Tux Typing 2, is really funny. The normal trial version of Typingmaster is also good to improve your fingertips performance.

PRACTICE IS THE KEY, "follow the way step by step"

Blessings!

I'm fourteen years old. I type around 55 WPM, with around 3-5 mistakes, especially with difficult words. (This was during my 7th grade, I'm first year high school now) And school is where I get noticed, with my high school friends. o_oI learned how to write very fast when I start studying Actionscript by myself around 2 years ago, (Grade 6) and it improved a lot when I studied PHP during last summer (Philippines, so around 3 months ago).You are amazing. 100 WPM? *praise*

:P I'm around 60 to 30 WPM I'm not that fast cause I'm still new I really made errors but after using a typing software I reduced my errors and gained more speed I really need to gain speed because my friends are always requesting me to type their projects and always agree because i always taught that it is a practice and now my typing speed reached 90-110 its fast but I rather type at 80 to reduce making mistake and I hate going back and forth in the sentence.

I don't really think I have an exact amount, but I can type more accurate than I ever have. I was taught about ten years ago in high school... I only really paid attention long enough to learn the keys and to learn to not look at the keys. Then my teacher taught me to only look at what I am trying to key in... in this case it was the book that we were typing from. So we learned the keystrokes, then to type not looking at your fingers, then it was learning without looking at what is being typed.I can do that every now and again... but I am not in class... so I will look at what I am typing... unless there is a good thing on TV that I can watch. That, and I am not as accurate as I once was, and I have a decent amount of mistakes. But then again, the longer I type, the better I get... so, if I type and type, my accuracy rate, rises.I have come a long way from typing with my pointer fingers searching for the correct key.

1. How fast do you type? Informal estimates are fine. I only know my "official" typing speed because I was tested for a job interview.

My average is around 85 words per minute. Granted, a lot of this also depends on the keyboard I'm typing with, because some keyboards help me type faster whereas other ones slow me down. I remember having a typing contest with a kid who sat next to me in freshman year high school---my keyboard had annoyingly sticky keys and pressing down each one required real effort. The kid next to me, however, lucked out with one of the better keyboards in the classroom. There are also certain laptop keyboards that tend to catch my fingernails as I type (like the one I'm currently using right now.) These are immensely annoying as they also tend to catch any dirt and grime on my fingernails and dump them into the keyboard.

2. Where, if any place, do you get the most reaction?

Well, most of my friends can type about as fast as, if not faster than me, so there isn't much of a reaction going on. I probably obtain the biggest reaction from my mom, but that's mainly because she's still learning how to type quickly. (And well, she's not really succeeding. Though I suspect this has more to do with lack of practice than dexterity like she claims...) When I was younger, a couple of my friends were surprised at the speed of my typing, but nowadays...definitely not.

I did, however, crowd around with my classmates around this one guy who typed extremely quickly in a programming class freshman year of high school. I think he had upwards of 120 words per minute. He gained fame, I believe, by winning nearly all the typing contests held in the class (informal contests, these were), even when he used the "stickier" keyboards. According to him, most of his typing skill was perfected while gaming. (He must've chatted a lot then...I see...)

3. I'm also curious about how other people learned how to type.

I learned to type during elementary school, incidentally. There was a touch typing class, and in order to force the class to actually touch type, the teachers placed boxes over the keyboard to prevent us from stealing a look at the keys. Though, when we first started out, we didn't actually use the boxes--we were allowed to stare at the keys. But a couple of weeks into the class, we discovered new structures (aka boxes) surrounding the keyboards and were dumbfounded. Most people did not react positively to the boxes and attempted to sneak peaks at the keyboard below. (I was amongst them) But eventually we had to learn and did--it did turn out to be immensely useful after all.

My typing became faster after I started playing several text-based role playing games. I guess part of it was keeping up with others' conversations (which moved at quite the blinding speed), but the other part was just to keep my character consistently alive by entering certain vital commands quickly. (the "flee" command, in any case, was probably the word I learned to type fastest!)

If anyone uses the Dvorak keyboard layout, then I'd probably understand why the high speeds, I just use normal qwerty and would change to dvorak if it was more common, otherwise I'd spend more time teaching myself how to switch between both types of keyboards.

Possibly, but it would definitely take some practice. I think most people who have learned to type with a certain style will most likely be averse to having to switch to a new style. After all, all the things they learned typing for will be rendered useless if they switch a keyboard. Moreover, most keyboards nowadays seem to be set to Qwerty...not that that's a good reason to use qwerty, but it is something to consider if you're going to pick a keyboard layout to learn.