xisto Community
Sarah81

How Fast Can You Type?

1) Well, it depends on my situation, when i am sitting straight up and down in a chair, you know the propper etticute (hoeever you spell it) i am told i can type up to 150 WPM (words per minute), but if i am like i am at my computer (im laying on my side typing) lol then i dont know how fast i can type, im sure its around 70 MPM or somthing like that...2) school.. most definatly school, i remember my first two weeks of class my teacher hooked the projector up to my computer blind folded me and had me type what he was saying...strange person he was...lol3) i taught myself... the schools programs in second grade did nothing but pressure the students to get an A in computer class...lol so i jsut taught myself at home on my own time...and here i am today :(

is there any site where i can test what is my typing speed ? i think i go about 70-80 words per minute with 3 to 4 errors,but usually i dont really care about how much speed i have, mainly because im a programmer, and it doesnt helps to type really fast, i dont really think its an advantage to type really fast, so 70-80 is very good in my opinion :(

is there any site where i can test what is my typing speed ? i think i go about 70-80 words per minute with 3 to 4 errors,
but usually i dont really care about how much speed i have, mainly because im a programmer, and it doesnt helps to type really fast, i dont really think its an advantage to type really fast, so 70-80 is very good in my opinion :(

We use the following test, it's in the present post two pages above :

Try here : http://www.typingtest.com/it's really surprising, i know that I am very fast, and with this test said that that I am I am only 59 !

I expected my speed to be at least twice more ! So, I think all of us should use the same test, to have a honest comparison.

Well here i find that lots of people type so much fast well i cant type so much fast but i can type so much that i can be happy with it and do mine work at time lolzzzz :unsure::D:D

Wow this thread seems to have been dead for quit a long time, glad im reviving it :)1) My typing speed varies alot depending on the quality keyboard I am using. I type at optimum speed with laptop keybords. My average speed is 120 WPM with one or two errors (I calculated this from taking a typing test three times). My record so far is 165 WPM, done on a laptop, and i believe i had a few red bulls before that. I think that record is quite remarkable even for me who has many years of experience with typing.2) Basically everywhere, especially when i was in school, i was noticed for my exceptional typing speed, and i remember people coming to me and requesting to type up their huge english essays. And i thought typing fast was cool :)3) I have several experiences of learning to type. When i was around 10-13, i was obsessed with chatting so that was a boost for my speed in my early experience. When i was 15 until 16, i took a 1 year professional typing course, which i think was the best source of my current skills. Right now im at the end of high school about to move to college (My last school year), and im taking advanced level I.C.T courses which involves typing alot. Also, im an advanced HTML user which also helps with typing speed and im continuing to design my website further with this knowledge of HTML.

I can type at an average of 102wpm the last time i actually checked about a year ago. In middle school, we used to have to use these stupid typing programs everyday. The worst of these programs was Mavis Beacon. Has anyone even used or heard of this program?

I've heard of Mavis Beacon. That was such a dull program. I don't know my average wpm because I've never checked it before and I too am wondering if there is a website that can test it.

I am amazingly very very slow, although I had no mistakes. I got an amazingly slow speed of 35wpm...I am such a sad person. Oh well. Thank you for the website to test my typing speed.

Edited by Takumi-san (see edit history)

People always comment on my typing speed. I can easily break 100 WPM when writing from my head (opinion based essays, stories, and things like that). As far as tests have gone I typically write between 65-80 WPM depending on the topic. Typingtest.com said I was 74 with 3 errors. I also blast through AutoCAD using the keyboard shortcuts. That always seems to draw peoples attention too.I would say I probably average 50-60 WPM when I'm writing emails/forum posts. That way I have time to think about things more rather than blasting through something and editing it later.

I tend to be around 50 WPM. That's pretty fast considering I don't use the "standard" typing method. I don't exactly use just a few fingers - most get some use - but I just sort of do it my own way, which I find is effective. It is good enough for most situations, and compared to my peers I type quite fast.

I have 140 wpm speed , i havent develop these from years but i developed this solely because of yahoo messenger :) because whenever i used to go online i used to find a lot of friends online and start chatting with all of them due to which i had to reply to all of those and this was what actually made my speed increasing and now what happens is that if i am chatting with a single person then they always ask me whether im in a hurry and why i am typing so fast hhehe:),but typing fast has become so much of a habit that i cant change it and the best thing i figured out was that typing fast actually makes you think fast and increases your brain speed

I average 100 wpm without an injured finger... lol More with caffeine, with about 98% accuracy. MUD and IRC are to blame :)240 is unreal! I can't even imagine it, lol. Is that on a standard keyboard or one of those with the keys reordered to speed things up?And I get comments everywhere, family, on the job, any visitors who happen to watch. I guess I also type HARD. People tend to comment about how they can hear me typing from other rooms, hehe.

Edited by Talenak (see edit history)