xisto Community
szupie

Secret Behind Your Nick/User Names Where did they come from?

Well, my username is simple, it's just my initials~~ :) Me, just like szupie, comes from Hong Kong, my chinese name is Yung Kin Fung, so my initials is ykf, and that's my username~~~I also have a nickname called Twister, meaning tonado, in chinese its pronunciation is very similar to my chinese name pronunication. So that's why I'm also called Twister~ :)

Once upon a time, well, ok, just a few years ago I had a dream about a dragon in an oriental setting guarding a huge golden gong. Guarding is an overstatement, since the dragon was just sleeping wrapped around the base of the gong. Nothing fascinated happened in the dream and I didn’t even dare to wake the dragon. But it was a pretty sight!

Well, I hate to say it, but I don't actually know if there is a secret to my net name. I just got it from someone eles, sorta. I was joining the MSN gaming zone and the name I chose wasn't usable, and I just chose infamousflame2, but then for the rest of the net I just use infamousflame. And that's the big amazing story, lol! :lol:

It`s actualy quite simpel my real name is "Elveryle" and when pronounced right my name sounds similar to the phrase "El for real" which is kinda funny because most my friends just call me "El" for short instead of Elveryle.And that`s how I thought of the nick "ElFoReal".

My name orriginates frrom the powers that reside within every living thing. Hadou,(street Fighter), is the power that gives you the ability to do unbeleiveable powers. HADOUKEN!(Dragonblast). :lol:

SHORYUKEN!(Dragonfist) :lol:

Back in the early 90's, the internet wasn't the commercial giant we know it for today. As much as I would love to say even back then I was "on the scene," taking over IRC channels, war-dialling into government computers, whatever- bleh- I was total n00b then (not much of a change from now). (note to self: consider 4evern00b as new screen name).I was however into BBSing. So back in the day when 300 baud was still around and 2400 baud was BLaZiNG SPeeD, I was hooked on BBSs. Back in my corner of the woods, I was always doing my BBSing in the later hours (um, who doesn't?), so I decided to go with the name Sandman.As the internet started becoming more and more available, I found it increasingly difficult to land "Sandman" as my name, as there were apparently quite a few Sandmen much faster than me. So- from that point on, I said to hell with it, I am "THE" Sand... Hence, voila, voici, thusly-therefore... thesand

^_^ There really isn't much of a story. "alis" is based off my name irl, plus I have a thing for Alice in Wonderland and Disney and all that jazz. (And musicals. XD) On some forums, my username is actually alis in wonderland. Plus, I just kinda like the sound and look of it. It's simple and pretty and not many people are called alis/alice. I don't think I've ever met another Alice on the internet or online. :3

To be honest with you, I'm not quite sure what "sunblind" means... Possibly being blinded by the sun? My friend Adam is a rapper and the word is a part of his lyrics in one of his songs. He also had a small "record label" (The Underground Nation) which turned out to be nothing more than a booking outfit, but anywhos, I was doing web design for all of the bands under TUN and he said I needed a cool name, so he dubbed me with SunBlind :P It's actually Nocturnal SunBlind, but I was started to see too many "nocturnal" usernames out there, so I dropped it.

Mines simple, easy and no one gets it lol. basically my user name imajin8shun is just imagination. I just played on the word, swapping lettesr around, throwing in a number and yeah lol. I like it! :P

I couldn't honestly begin to explain how I came upon this name in particular. Usually my name for anything has to do with Dracula--not the mythical vampyric characte, the ruler--but, for some reason, I've become accustomed to using AroundtheBlock whenever, and if, I happen to sign up for forums of any sort.The just, really, is that I was walking to a friend house and when I walked "around the block," I was just like, "Hey, that sounds pretty cool," and therefore it was put to use.

my main nickname is Questutis: the end is simmiliar to my name, i got it when i first came to irc i named myself Kestutis (it is my full name) and was talking in somekind of channel, it was a long time ago i didn't understand most of the things, so i was asking lots of questions and one guy said to me 'you know how to spell kestutis ?' i said 'no, how ?' he replyed 'Questutis' and i quite liked it, it sounded like my name, also something like a quest and i remember i was watching jonnhy quest on cartoon network when i was a kid, so i really liked it, but the current nickname went out of nowhere, i was searching for new nicknames ideas using google, thought a latin word etc. but didn't find anything interesting, so i thought ok the first letters will be Qu and later wrote some buttons on my keyboard and got Quatrax, but google gave me lots of hits on this word so i changed the last a to u and got Quatrux :)

Reading all these stories made me wish I had a fantastic story of my own.Guess I could try to say that my nick was derived from something special, a revelation from game playing or a favorite character in a book or movie.Can I blame my parents and say that their using my name so often is the reason I am using it now? :) BRIAN, clean your room.......Brian, take the trash out.....Brian, you'll be late for school.....Brian, time for supper.Well, you get the idea.I suppose that being me is all I am at the moment.Thanks everyone for sharing. It makes for entertaining reading! :P