xisto Community
szupie

Secret Behind Your Nick/User Names Where did they come from?

The mystery behind my name? Well it's a long story.....actually it's a pretty short one. I got tired of getting confused with all the other Matt's that I know, so I decided to embrace my hispanic heritage....and The Matt was already taken.

Cool nick story!mine's pretty boring. My first name is Sarah and I was born in 1981. *shrugs* it was unique enough a few years ago for a lot of sites that required registration, but now apparently a bunch of other 81-born Sarahs (or 81-year-old Sarahs) are catching on. Oh, well.Let's see ... oh yeah - and people often ask me if I'm 81 years old. Sometimes I tell them I am, especially if I get the feeling that it's a guy who's about to start hitting on me. And sometimes he hits on me because he thinks I'm 81. Which is another, very creepy story best saved for later, I think.

We got our nickname by of course the immortal Monty Python movies.We are now the Monty Python club.And we are now trying our best to get a club website.

My nickname was originated similarly to tsupie's.I was looking for a nickname/login name for hotmail and my real name is Roderick Anthony Smith Hung, and I spent a couple of hours looking for an acronym or a way to combine the name and avoid any kind of "roderick07" kind of thing, so after I spent a few hours trying I said to myself how about "roansmhu" gave a real thought and decided to better keep trying, so said to myself how 'bout I keep just the initial of all my names and a couple of letters from any other name? so posibble combinations were "roash" (which I think it exists), "ransh", "rasmh", and "rashu"(which i think it exists too). I liked ransh, but when i wrote it in the field I wrote rantsh instead... and so, this is my nickname for everything now...

This is an interesting topic, but unfortunatly, mine is short and simple.I'm not sure if many of you know of the MMO Ragnarok Online, but when I took my name from that game because there is a boss named "Baphomet" in-game, is supposed to be one of the hardest bosses to kill. But before i quit playing that game, io devised a way to kill him with only two people. It probably didnt affect anyone outside of the game, but many other ppl started using my strategy after that, so after i quit i start calling myself Baphometslayer......that was boring i know...my apologies, haha

i am still wondering for a good nickname.i wonder is Sky good enuff??that was long a time when i think a name for a private Ragnarok online game.at last, m friend comment me skyRO and i simply love it.wow

TPW is actually an abbreviation for The Pewter Wizard, a name I chose in 1999 when I discovered newsgroups and needed a cyber/nickname. I have small display of mementos from past vacations which includes two pewter figurines, a dragon and a wizard. I originally used the long form of my cyber/nickname but stopped after getting some flack from people on some of the computer help groups who thought that pewter was a play on comPUTER.TPW

Well, yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars ago, I was joining the online Lego club and lego.com, and couldn't think of anything better than Jman101. Well, since I was almost 8, I said I was eight. However, when I realized that after my birthday it thought I was 9, I kinda freaked out, and didn't know that I could change that by clicking "edit preferences".....so I created a new account, Jguy101, and have been using that name ever since. :mellow:

Ruben ist my real first name ^^ I think this tops all the boring stories :-)I like my name, it's short and my old nicknames (manythingsidontrememberwheniwasintochatting/Terk [just made it up]/scorn [found this trying to find cool english words in a dictionary and found it was so spacy]) sucked, so why not :-)

My alias online is John Pyost, and that's only because it came up to me. I tried to find someone namd pyost. but all I could find was P. Yost ;) Guess it's quite unique, huh?