xisto Community
szupie

Secret Behind Your Nick/User Names Where did they come from?

Since I'm a Singaporean Chinese, my parents gave me a name called "Ang Ping Chong" and since they're dead, I call myself "Astray", thus the name "PCAstray". How did I get the name "Astray"? Well, I happen to be a fan of Gundam SEED, not the earlier series though. I'm also refered to as "Pinky" but the username is always taken. I got this callsign since 10 when my form teacher was giving out our Report Cards...so this has been with me until now...Call me that if you want but I will prefer it as "Scouting Pinky". :D

Well, not much to say about my nick, I'm a die hard punk fan especiallt the 70's and 80's stuff and I am a Tattoo enthusiest, though I have no money to afford any, I am into other forms of body modification.My other nickname is Socrates, after my philisophical nature, not many people call me it, but those that do do so with a passion. Personally i really like it, even if I don't agree whith Socrates philosophy on many subjects, I'm more of a Plato/Marx fan.

well, nice to see where all the names come from, maybe it will make be remember them better. my nick is just my real name, i'm dutch. i'm still looking for a cool nick, though... i use different ones for everything now, that's weird, because sometimes you type the wrong one in another thing (that's not very clear :D)

my nick's origin it's very simple, since i was born,on the far 1984, i was been very untidy, my toys were placed in every angle of my room, when i growed up my book were in every part of my room, and in the use of my pc i'm very untidy, so i decided to get the nick chaos , in all my subscription i use this nick but several times this nick it's already token so i've added the suffix "x2x" .That's all for the origin of my nickname :D

My nick isn't that complicated, but it may take a while to explain. *starts to brew a pot of coffee*Back in the good old days, I used to rock at Counter Strike. Now mind you, this was before steam came around. I was at a friend's birthday party, where we were having a CS LAN. We all brought our computers, and after 5 hours of wiring later, we started a 16 on 16 slaughter fest on cs_747. The host decided to put a 4 hour limit on the map, without a max kill. By the end of the night, people were calling me kevlar, because I was only killed 50 times or so. I had 557 kills, so I made my name kevlar557.

Another point that struck me about this nick was the sense of propriety & humility associated with it. I consider myself no more than microscopic when counted against the world population or as a matter of fact the limitations of my knowledge when pitched against the infinite amount of knowledge that no one can ever acquire even during the course of 1000 lifetimes... so there...

I wish the origin of my nickname was as profound as yours, microscopic^earthling. :( I thought the whole music part of it was cool, but the other half of it was just as nice.

Mine was kinda put together on a spur-of-the-moment type deal. I was trying to get a new email addy and thought the name Lysithea was pretty for a nickname. It was Greek, and my boyfriend was Greek so I figured I'll be Greek too (dumb reason, I know), but I wanted it to stand out so I added an "e" to the beginning. Eh ...."e" for "electronic", I suppose. But it wasn't until later that I found out that Lysithea was the daughter of Oceanus in Greek myth (who was also one of Zeus' lovers .... :) ) Okay, weird. Err....I thought "Is it too late to change my name?" I didn't feel like it, so "Elysithea" stuck with me.

See, the reasoning behind my name wasn't as cool, lol.

I was going to buy a cool nickname at the shop but I slept in that morning and when I got there the queue was way big so I went a bought a burger. After I ate that, I went and joined the now small queue. This was the only name they had...Normally I go by SNAKEKILLER because when I was on a camping weekend a snake bit my friend so I grabbed the snake and stuck its head over a rock. Then I got a nickname :) Poor snake, I'm sorry.But that always took to long to type. And my second name (which I'm not revealing :() is too boring so I looked up history on my surname and out popped that it meant "cage". I thought it was cool but it would sound better with a K.

My user name is basically just my name.... Nakul Gupta.

Nakul:- It was also the name of a Pandava. The Pandavs were five brothers(Arjun, Yudhisthir, Bhima, Nakula, Sahadeva) who were also well kings i guess(Dunno my mythology is'nt that good). This dates back to WAY old times. Anyway you can check out information about The Mahabharata which is one of the holy hindu epics and happens to be the longest epic in the world.

Gupta:- The Gupta's were a dynasty that ruled India once upon a time. Their rule was called The Golden Age of the Guptas.

I was named Nakul beause the time i was born (10.20 AM on a Sunday), a serial based on the Mahabharata used to come on the television. The names of the other brother's were quite common at that time. Till date i've met only one person named Nakul.

Oh. btw....I used to be called NAKKA in school. Nakka is the telugu(An Indian Language) means a fox.

Also Nakul=Mole (The animal in hindi)

Nick, huh. I never had a nick in my life. :) I guess I was never "hip" enough to get a nick name but that's OK with me.I am very active in kayak fishing and the sport of kayak fishing. And since we have tournaments and I meet a lot of the people I talk to online I thought it was better to use my real name so that when spoken to I would know that it was me they refered to. I'm known in RW (real world) as Yakfisher_RI but that would be a funny handle on a board for free web hosting :( In the same kayak fishing community I'm also known under the aliases of "Mad Norwegian" or "Crazy Norwegian" because I take kayakfishing to the extreme edge and sometimes over the edge where I would crash and burn (If it wasn't for being surrounded by water).I guide and teach kayak fishing and do seminars on the same topic so using my real name makes life a lot easier but maybe to some extent boring ;)With all the user names and logins aquiered over the years my first name and the first letter of my last name has stuck because I have a hard time remembering what nick I used where if I didn't use the "KISS" method.Nils

Ok, my nick isn't all that flashy or impressive but I like it and it pretty much describes me to the core. I also think its fairly obvious what my nick means so I won't bore you with an explanation.

Well when I joined my first forum, I used BogDrone1701 basically because Borg was a race in star trek, they were all drones and 1701 is the enterprise registry. Well that was fine until I joined a star trek site where it just didnt fit in right, so I changed to Trekkie101 kinda a rip of my mate Warlord101. I guess Ive always kept it. Plus I even get called Trekkie in school by most.

My explanation is lame. You'd think, "Wow, 'Yamato'? That must be a Starcraft reference, or an allude to something involving ancient Japanese culture!"It actually was ... a character from ... ... ... Digimon. I was eleven when I chose this name, and it's stuck with me. That, and I like yams. Mmm, sweet potatoes.

D = Diablo (Diablo II: Lord of Destruction), and the 14 is how old I am. Some of my other stuff is fully spelled out. (Diablo_Master14) But, for times I cannot fit it, I just put Dmaster14.

Umm, mine started when I was playing Warcraft III and saw the Demon Hunter name “Dark Weaver” I though hey cool I like that but I’ll vary it a bit so I won’t be copying the name exactly (also someone in my forum’s name is Dark… sooooo) So I decided to name myself Dream Weaver (No joke I didn’t know such a program existed, bah I’m an idiot)Anyways I went on IRC a lot with that name but people are lazy so they basically called me Dream and the name stuck and here I am