xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Mycent - It's Still Inactive [resolved]

I don't really care if its manual update or automatic, the point is that we are still getting it and they seem to come on time. There is a more chance of the person giving us more mycents than less, so chill B) The only thing i am concerned about is that no admin or moderator ever joined this discussion and answered the question. So, what is happening admin/mod ? Time to give us update! :lol:

That's just my feeling out of fear that admins (or maybe some over-sensitive mods who suggested this feature) got privileges to modify and give us mycents(i'm not sure when it's going to be implemented or got implemented). Note: You can read about this in discussion about mycent thread (official). Oh wait, this fear is just my feeling and not *helpful information* ya know. Then again the person who wrote mycent & is going to give us mycent 4.0 even for adding links to credible site like wikipedia can't write simple algorithm in downtime to calculate mycents based on post count/char count and allot mycent that shows decimal places ?jeez. This type of thinking just beats me, oh wait again that is just my feeling and not helpful information. Warning:- this post is not loaded with helpful information, read other posts if you want *helpful information*.

You're still posting nothing that has any proof in it.

In that case, I think you should be banned because I think you're probably getting $50,000 per post you make. Now, it may or may not be true but I can't believe it to be false until an admin posts here to let us know you're not making that much.

So until then I have the feeling you're exploiting the system. Because apparently our thoughts count for more than the truth does.

Ahh great..I just noticed the little thing that OpaQue said..

my EVILNESS grows day after day

Now I'm scared..:o (need to stay outta OQs badbooks! :lol:
Looking forward to seeing v4. :D

You're still posting nothing that has any proof in it.

True. Same applies to you as well mate. What you consider as proof with your earning quotes is just observation,just like i posted.

In that case, I think you should be banned because I think you're probably getting $50,000 per post you make.

Just 50,000$ ?

Now, it may or may not be true but I can't believe it to be false until an admin posts here to let us know you're not making that much.

Come on, spread some more rumors.

So until then I have the feeling you're exploiting the system. Because apparently our thoughts count for more than the truth does.

Me exploiting ? I didn't posted anything related to system exploitation, you did. You see any of my posts posting my personal earning ?Calculation ? Besides my earning is visible to admins, so i'm sure opaque/BH are laughing at you now. Save yourself some skin. I didn't wanted to reply to this bait post of yours though which could land me in warning or something. But replying to me like this by making bait and calling for BAN was all i can have here for my defense. Thanks.

True. Same applies to you as well mate. What you consider as proof with your earning quotes is just observation,just like i posted.

Just 50,000$ ?

Come on, spread some more rumors.

Me exploiting ? I didn't posted anything related to system exploitation, you did. You see any of my posts posting my personal earning ?Calculation ? Besides my earning is visible to admins, so i'm sure opaque/BH are laughing at you now. Save yourself some skin. I didn't wanted to reply to this bait post of yours though which could land me in warning or something. But replying to me like this by making bait and calling for BAN was all i can have here for my defense. Thanks.

Well your claim is you always get $2, regardless as to how many posts you make. This makes no sense because if that's how it was you might as well just make one post every 3-4 days and be done with it. Less work for more earnings.

You also brought up $2 for 15 posts. 2 of my updates have equated to about that (though they were for 35-50 posts but if you were to divide by post count they would have been equal to your claim). However, you are completely neglecting to add the true amount ($2 and $2.99 are two COMPLETELY different things. As are $2 and $2.50 when dealing with only 15 posts).

At the moment you are leaving us with NOTHING usable other than "it doesn't work." Why doesn't it work? What isn't working, exactly? What have your calculations been? How many posts did it calculate? How many posts did you truly make? Where were those posts made? How long ago were they made? When was your update given to you?

There are TONS of questions you are leaving us to guess at. I promise you nobody is going to waste their time when you're not even willing to help figure out the issue (assuming there truly is one -- but again, with you refusing to post anything worthwhile it's hard to know).

Until you all make a change and learn that if you don't help with understanding the problem we'll never know whether there is one or not, nothing will ever change.

So either quit crying about it and move on, or start posting something useful.

Well your claim is you always get $2, regardless as to how many posts you make. This makes no sense because if that's how it was you might as well just make one post every 3-4 days and be done with it. Less work for more earnings.

If this doesn't make sense to you then do i need to bother ? or even care ? You're the one here who don't care about what others are earning right ? So why our earning has to make sense to you ? Give me one good reason for that. I have proof when i claim i get 2$ or 1$ for my postings. And even admins can confirm to that. I don't exploit system like you by posting my *personal* earnings to forum to prove that. Both admins and me knows about my earnings here and that explains my side. Am i answerable to you ? In any way ?

You also brought up $2 for 15 posts. 2 of my updates have equated to about that (though they were for 35-50 posts but if you were to divide by post count they would have been equal to your claim). However, you are completely neglecting to add the true amount ($2 and $2.99 are two COMPLETELY different things. As are $2 and $2.50 when dealing with only 15 posts).At the moment you are leaving us with NOTHING usable other than "it doesn't work." Why doesn't it work? What isn't working, exactly? What have your calculations been? How many posts did it calculate? How many posts did you truly make? Where were those posts made? How long ago were they made? When was your update given to you?There are TONS of questions you are leaving us to guess at. I promise you nobody is going to waste their time when you're not even willing to help figure out the issue (assuming there truly is one -- but again, with you refusing to post anything worthwhile it's hard to know).

You're asking this genuinely or the person who accused me for exploiting system is baiting me with one more reply ?

Until you all make a change and learn that if you don't help with understanding the problem we'll never know whether there is one or not, nothing will ever change.

Do we need to change things ? Looking at the way people here respond to posts i don't bother changing things- let it be,it's better to post spam posts like *few members* do instead of making changes to this place. Genuine complaints don't make sense to people here. So be it. Let's be paranoid instead. I'll really request for feature where mod can change mycent earning. Thing you need to understand that earnings in downtime period are random. That was my point from the start, and sometimes myncents even go lower irrespective of character count. Then again this is just my feeling right ? I'm not making accurate attempts to know the system like you by posting earnings and making calculation based on that in almost every thread. I never created threads for mycents calculation either like some other members or even pretended to know how it works. It was always and will be my personal guess cause i'm not the person who wrote this code. If it becomes hard to understand re-read this reply again before you post something useful information for forums.

So either quit crying about it and move on, or start posting something useful.

Define useful. Do my posts have to be useful to *YOU* or forums ?. And how YOU are going to judge what is useful for forums or to any other member. I wonder if fermin's spam threads are useful whats the problem with my replies ? BTW, Do you have admin or moderator privileges to tell me "post something useful"?. What proof you have that says my posts are not useful and your system exploited posts are useful ? Do you have any proof for your 2-liner 50 words posts being useful in forums always ? With that said, do i need to quit crying about it ? Think about it and reply something useful. Don't make sarcastic and personal remarks. This will go nowhere, both of us made our points and are at place which looks valid respectively. Oh wait this reply was useful for *YOU* for your Bait post ?.

well it seem like you have a legitimate argument, mahesh2k. i am with ya bud. i've also confirmed some of the stuff you are talking about. i really don't know why people have a problem with what you're saying. heck. you rarely argue about anything.rpg- am i reading you right that you recieved a credit payment in the amount of $4.3654??? if so, i am wondering how many other people are recieving credit payments like that. mine are ALWAYS 1,2,3,etc dollars on the nose.mahesh2k- i know there seems to be something not working properly or fairly, but opaque decided to impliment the credit system before it was out of beta. from my understanding, it is still in the testing phase since it has not been stated otherwise. opaque did this so nobody would complain about not getting mycents.with that said, opaque was on today and there hasn't been an update. my last one was on friday. buffalhohelp was on yesterday. it seems to me that one of those two should be commenting on the past discussion here to give us a quick update.and btw- i always find mahesh's posts to be very usefull, enlightening and helpfull. i don't know what the bickering is for or the problem when all he was trying to do was point out some facts that he was experiencing personally. at the same time, he did state that posts couldn't be counted in any other way automatically unless it was by a character count. i don't find this true so there seems to be a little confusion BUT at the same time, nobody knows how the mycents system works except opaque and until that day comes(which will be never) where he posts the algorythm, it's really pointless to assume anything. also, aside from the algorythm, mods do NOT have the power to update a person's mycents. only admins do. how that works, i don't know. to do that manually for every member would be too tedious so it seems that system of manually updating mycents is biased. but i did read somewhere where character count is not the only consideration. this i am almost 100% positive i read that somewhere.ummmm....one last thing. if anyone needs an admins response, don't be afraid to hit the report button with "ATTN: ADMIN". normally a mod wont delete the report and will stay in a queue until an admin has looked at the report. unfortunately, buffalohelp is never online and opaque seems preoccupied with other things which he mentioned a month ago. we are still in a transition here and it's NOT just the credit system. people still need to be a little patient. the good news out of all this is that the mycents system IS working and paying out...whether it's too little or too much....it is still paying out.

ummmm....one last thing. if anyone needs an admins response, don't be afraid to hit the report button with "ATTN: ADMIN". normally a mod wont delete the report and will stay in a queue until an admin has looked at the report. unfortunately, buffalohelp is never online and opaque seems preoccupied with other things which he mentioned a month ago. we are still in a transition here and it's NOT just the credit system. people still need to be a little patient. the good news out of all this is that the mycents system IS working and paying out...whether it's too little or too much....it is still paying out.

Hmm... I am pretty sure we aren't supposed to talk to admins like that, I read about that somewhere in the reade and it could possibly lead to a warning.

EDIT- here it is, i found it when i clicked the report button :

Please note: The moderator will be made aware of the link to the page you are reporting.

This form is to be used ONLY for reporting objectionable content and is not to be used as a method of communicating with moderators for other reasons.

Edited by deadmad7 (see edit history)

nice try fool. i said one of the two admins.....not any moderators. plus, i highly doubt an admin will warn people about that behavior unless it's abused. as long as it has to do with a specific thread which is questionable, you should be able to hit that report button. in this case, it's about mycents and a topic that really does need to be cleared up where otherwise it's creating confusion and unneeded arguments. if someone needs to be misguided by false information in the future, i will sure to send them your way.

Hi all,

Sorry, I was away for some time and I think I will be less active till my new office setup is done.. and its going to take about 2 months more.

I have tested the mycent script enough now and everything seem to work correctly.

The "accounted posts" is a number belonging only to 1 session/cycle of execution of the program and it only gives you a rough idea. There may be POSTS accounted in other cycles.. therefore, do not make MATHS calculations based on this figure. I repeat, this value, only gives you an IDEA. This Value is more important to :-

members who got UN-banned and a lot of their posts were considered for myCENTS.

members who got WARNING reduced and now eligible for myCENTS.

Members whose posts are waiting for MODERATOR APPROVAL.

After a Month, I will set the script to run more frequently thereby speeding up the process. :)

Most of the users here are getting 2$ mycents no matter how lengthy or short they post. Plus it's general observation that you can check that only number of posts are checked here and that shows it's manual update. Why will new mycent will reward less for longer posts if it's running right now (or working as most of people are saying)?

Hmm.. I'm not sure about that.. I have noticed differences in the amount I get paid and its not the same for everyone. Plus, remember the top posters that Opaque had showed us. There were people with 10cents per post and people with 40. I'm not sure what the difference between the two were , but length could've very well been one of those. And I have cant accept that its manual update. It makes absolutely no sense to me!

rpg- am i reading you right that you recieved a credit payment in the amount of $4.3654??? if so, i am wondering how many other people are recieving credit payments like that. mine are ALWAYS 1,2,3,etc dollars on the nose.

Yes, that is right. A couple posts above that I pasted exactly what the email stated. The one you're referring to is this one:

Total amount credited: $4 USD, myCENTS: 36.54

Which is an earning of $4.3654

That number is the amount that was added. So, say I had 10.00 myCENTS on my account, it would credit me $4 and then instead of 10.00 myCENTS I'd have 46.54 left waiting to be converted.

Regardless, that number is very different than a flat out $4.

well am not sure how the mycent system is working now. but about me, i was earning about 3$ when i post daily. about two weeks ago, i didn't post much so i earned about 2$ and the the last week i didn't post anything for days so i get nothing at all :D. the past three days i post some posts so earned a bout 1$.

Mycent is great but i dont see it active any where so dunno if my posts are even useful.......Also my display pic does not show up so i guess i need admin approval..... just guessing here....Can any one help ??