xisto Community
linkey

How Fast Is Your Internet Connection?

I m from Pakistan & connect through a Dial-up through 56K modem..really pooor speed... I m always connected at 50.6 Kbps..The downloading rate is usually 4.0 to 5.3 or 5.4 and same is for uploading.

I am still using an ultra slow connection of 6Mbps ADSL. There are actually 10M/10M services in the market, and even FTTB 100M/100M services, but I live a quite remote area and so my home is covered by these new comers. When I start to work, I may move to place where there is FTTB connection. ADSL is simply too slow to be used.

You think a 8mbps is slow? I'm on dial-up before my area has just been covered by this really bad ADSL company which suscribing at more than 512kbps is a waste of money!I lives in thailand

Wooaaahhhh... how I really envy on you guys... here I am in Indonesia just got SEVERAL Kb for download and so frustating to upload. By the way, with my modem dial I can only have 6 kb/s at FASTEST. In normal it even go below 4 kb/s... so frustating isn't it... I envy so much my friends abroad.

I live in germany and got ( dl: 6Mbit/s | up: 512 kbit/s ) The upload is not fast enough for me... but I can't complain about the dl-speed :P

I already managed to get a traffic of >50 Gb in 4 days (I love anime :))

For those who don't reach the full speed of your stated connection - that's normal. You can increase your speed a bit with some programs like TCP/IP optimizer or something like that :P

Well unfortunatly I live the middle of nowhere in the English country side... :blink: Well here because of the old crappy phone lines we can only get a max of 512k broadband connection which sucks. Only 2 miles away they can get 8+ meg which kinda irrates me as the price difference isn't really that much from say 512k to 2meg. Oh well, just gotta enjoy my rural upbringing and accept it :ph34r: LoTech

All you guys out ther are are really lucky. :blink: Here in India I surfing the net using 56kbps dail-up. The boadband has still not yet penetrated into households here. But the cyber cafe's provide broadband service at about 256kbps. :ph34r:

I'm really suprised how fast the internet conecctions are already in other countries.I've "only" 2 Mbit/sec, but I think thats enough.One of the huge providers in my coutry wants to offer 16 MBit/sec in the near future (maybe 1 month):blink:

Dude sorry to break this to you but AOL really does suck... My friend who is a well known graphic designer just terned them down on an offer to design the new AOL layout. They basically asked her to make it so it was like a money stealing device! She just plain turned 'em down. I fent AOL to be really slow and I really hate their browser... but hey thats just me, some people really like it :blink: