xisto Community
linkey

How Fast Is Your Internet Connection?

I dont have flash fast internet connections like you guys :) i have a 265kb download and 64kb upload, its pretty cheap for like 30 bucks here in Australia. But thats all i need, it gets the job done and i dont see the need for more speed as i dont use the internet for much.

Well I'm gonna add myself to the list...University dorm: Comcast with roughly 8 Mbit down/512 Kb up, i don't know the exact valuesGirlfriends place: Comcast 6Mbit package (6000/384)Back home in Luxemburg: DSL with 2 Mbit down/256 Kbit up

I have Comcast High Speed Internet

Ethernet= 100 MBPS

Wirless= 54 MBPS

And @ school its a 54 MBPS

And @ my dads work its a T1 Corp. Connection, super fast stuff they have there, like instant page and stuff.

But downloads are kinda slow, depending on the site, it ranges from 15 mins - 45 mins for a game trial... that suxs.

I'm happy with my single ISDN line at home (roughly 8kb/s up and down max, around 6 to 7 average),6MB/s DSL at my girlfriend's place,a super fast connection at university (well ... I don't know exactly what they've got but the campus-wide limit is 12TB (that is Terabyte) traffic per month and it took me half an hour to download a 4.7GB DVD Image on one of the university's computers (the VLAN is limited to 500kb/s downstream and automatic disconnection after an hour, both wired and wireless)......well, if I had a faster internet access at home I'd need new hard drives even more often than I need them now :) and I couldn't afford that...

I live in callifornia (bay area)

im using comcast atm cause next best thing in the area is dialup lol...

so we have comcast...

i ran a boradband tester and my average result was

6545/348

or in other terms you may know that means

818.2KB/sec down
43.5KB/sec up

dslreports.com speed test result on 2006-03-20 19:15:11 EST:6545 / 348
Your download speed : 6545 kbps or 818.2 KB/sec.
That is 45.9% better than an average user on comcast.net

Your upload speed : 348 kbps or 43.5 KB/sec.
That is 10.5% worse than an average user on comcast.net

I was in Jönköping , Sweden and my university provided 10mbps connection..it was pretty fast , but now im in Kuopio,Finland and i have connection with speed of 1mpbs..

I'm currently living on a prawn farm in Australia and we don't have broadband coverage here yet, I've got a 128k ISDN- not too bad, better than dialup and it gives me a good reason to not spend all day in front of a PC! Will hopefully get broadband sooner or later though.

I use ADSL at a speed of 512M but using hub sharing with friends,only 50kbps left.furthermore the uploading speed is not equel to download speed.if some body play a net game,other must not open website full of images...that is really a boring problem.