xisto Community
linkey

How Fast Is Your Internet Connection?

I heard that Norway just got an award fpr having the highest percentage of it population being on broadbank in the world. The USA has the most actual users on broadband though.my speed is 128K.

I live in pakistan.I use 56K dial-up internet connection.It connects at 50Kbps but it connects only for 10 minutes and it never alllows me to allow browsing of 2 sites at a time <_<

AUSTRALIA - 712kbps and 1 GB a month allowed for $35 US a Month. Australia is really slow, my speed is considered fast. We have old networks and the only network owner is in the middle of being sold. Its a huge job to update the entire Aussie network - so its a bigger investment than just purchasing the company. Anyway a friend has a 1500kbps and thats about it for households here - we are not Japan or the US. My wifes Dad in Japan has speed of around 8000kbps - fiber optics I quess.leeleelee

You guys are really lucky about how cheap broadband is overseas as for myself i live in southafrica and bandwidth is so expensive it is not funny. And just to topp it off the the so called bradband we have is not even fast a 1024 adsl line is the fastest general use line at the moment and you wiil pay a small fortune and then you are still capped to some crazy size that you could reach i n a week without even trying !!! I have a 56k connection that we only use on the weekend because you pay each time you dail up so crap but atleast it is fairly affordable

wow you all have really fast connections over there in the states, i live in the uk (cornwall) and i have 1 meg download and 256kbps (i think) upload speed, but this is really good for where i live in the middle of no where, ha, but i would love to have an 8 meg connection like you but i dont think that is quite possible, although 1 meg is fine as we were on 56k for ages and we got broadband about 4 weeks ago!hurray for me

Lucky lol :)My Connection on Dsl is 100.0Mbps... not to fast though ;_;(for me) :)If i have money i would upgrade it to the Faster ones ... so i mightneed to collect money XD... i think it would cost me around $200-$300.so will take a bit of time and might took ages to collect some if i didn'tbe given some money >.<

Lucky you, I have a Local Area connection, It's 10 megabytes per second, So it's as fast as lightning but we payed for the equipement 10000$ to work That's huge. This price is in my poor miserable country . But I don't know if that's the same price in other parts of the world. Who cares, It's not me who pays.

Whoa.. Thats Expensive man... The Dsl on mine is only $98 per month and $100 for registeration :)... btw is that 10000$ payed per month?.. ifit is? thats too much o_o i cant even't afford to pay that... In my thoughts you are rich XD :D.. or just normal like us :D... but atleast yours is better than mine.. yours is faster and mines not that fast ;_;Sometimes its a bit slow.. so that is pretty annoying.. did that happento you also? if not.. Your Luckier than me :)

I have a "supposedly" 10mbps downstream connection, but it's cable so it's relevant to how busy the network is. It's loser to 6mbps most of the time :).Upstream is pretty slow at 192kbps...

I have a 128 Kbps line from Airtel India. The services have been pretty good tilll date. I am planning to shift to a better bandwith scheme of late. I have been making maximum use of the connection by downloading stuff 24x7 . So good worth for money i guess... :):):D