xisto Community
linkey

How Fast Is Your Internet Connection?

I live in the United States. Specifically in Minnesota, and I use Carter Digital Cable. I have their lowest option: 384kb/s. Not so bad, good enough for me until I get a house of my own. Not that I pay for it.

I was on dsl but it's down until wed next week and i have to say 56k modem speed it really really killing me. No idea how i every managed to get any work done before....or how anyone gets anything done. Even checking email is a great big pain.round

Many of you have fast connection. I live in northern Italy in a little village and here ADSL or any other fast connection don't exist. So I must surf at 56k.

I'm running a cable connection from Time Warner Cable, I have (supposedly) 4.0 mbps download. However I route my connection through a 802.11b 5<mbps wireless connection (which means, for the slightly speed illiterate, I go about 900kb/s) Which sux considering that I'm paying $45-$50 each month (depending upon what they're feeling like that month.)Pandalicious (You like that. No i'm not asking you, I'm telling you...)

ADSL: 512kb Upload, 1mb Download. Unlimted, Australia. This would do for me, tho i prefer Cable, but Unlimted would do!!