xisto Community
linkey

How Fast Is Your Internet Connection?

I'm in Serbia & Montenegro, and I still use dial-up. I hope that in march I'll switch to wireless, wich is by far the best of all the options offered. However, dial-up here sux big time, my USR 56k can't esablish connection, unless limited to 33.6k ! Now, you can imagine the speed of that. If the wind blows in the right direction, I get 4.2K/s download :DADSL is comming soon to my city, but as I heard, 32 people will share 1Mb link, and it will cost a hell. So, I'll just use flat rate 256k wireless, it costs abou 66 euros per month, and is more than enough for home use :D

Im with comcast cable and i get 4mbps download and 384 kbps upload......Things download pretty fast....but of course being greedy i could always use more speed lol Its weird that this thread came up cause comcast just gave its customers more speed like a and week or 2 ago.......When i first got comcast , its was only 1.5mbps download and 128 kbps upload, then they doubled everything to 3mbps and and 256 kbps upload, and like i said b4 a week ago or so , then made it 4mbps.

Hi:<br>I Live in Rosario, Argentina and i have 512k of download and 128k of upload, its cost u$s120 annual, its very fast, i can download at 45/50 kbps.<br>The problem is when i connect to the VPN with differnet ISP, the velocity downs very much, because them do not connect between.RegardsSantiago Argilla<b>Sargilla Web</b><url>http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ p?gina de los bandoneonistas</i>

yah you all are very lucky. i'm in australia and have a whopping 56k dialup for literally $30/month. and that's as good as it gets here.it's rediculous... instead of charging a flat fee for however much you want to download, like the crappy aol and msn dialups, they charge 9.95 / month and make it out to be a great deal, but in reality you are charged for downloads, up to 29.00. and there's no way to keep it down.i'm with dodo now, and i hate them. i made the mistake of downloading an installer they let you download, and it's put a virus on my computer ... i'm so angry, but have no choice. broadband is only 29.00 / month!!!!!!!!!! but they friggen charge the downloads, so it turns to be 60.00 - unless you don't download anything.

i have 750k broadband internet connection with ntlworld for about ?32 i think im not sure though cos my dad pays for it. and its fine for me and my brother to play online games at the same time while my mums gettin emails or something and its a fix price so my dad dont have to pay more when we download stuff

I might be the bottom of the barrel in this sector. I have dialup, but most of the time, my download speeds are between 2-3 KB/s. That isincredibly slow. But I don't care. I'm still able to use the internet and actually do something constructive with it. I'm not really jealous aboutanyone elses connection. I don't download software too often anyways,so it's not that big of a deal.

I am from nepal and I have a slow 48.8k cable internet connection. I am quite satisfied with it as previously i used to hang on with 14.8kbps dialup. Yet the upload speed is still slow about 10kbps. But still its quite cheap and u dun have to pay for telephone bills if you use cable internet.

Personally I have a 512k connection, and as craiglo said it really goes up to about 1MB in the UK. However, with an insanely fast connection the deciding factor in your download rate is not your connection speed, but the server load. For example, some sites have a download rate of the same speed regardless of whether you're on broadband or dialup... sites like mess.be - everyone downloads spyware at the same speed! Anyway, yeah.BT are upgrading my connection in April. How nice of them...- Vacant

i think mine is 750k, but only about 30-40 $$. I use comcast, so anyone correct me if I'm wrong about the prices XPAnd even though AOL and Netzero say "We're faster then DSL" DON'T trust them!!! After a few days, the internet gets slow and crappy. Trust me, I've had experiances...

56k or whatever it is AOL. I want AOL broadband, I'd like it even better than a super fast comcast or whathaveyou connection cuz...I dunno, I like aol, and aim. AIM without aol isn't the same. You don't have the cool superbuddy icons (I live for those lol), the only thing is that on aol you cannot upload your own buddy icon, which you can do on aim. ;) Oh, well. The skull and teddy bear superbuddy icons make up for it lol.