xisto Community
FiReStOrM

Who Knows How To Swim Here?

I don't swim much these days, even tho I live a block up from the Lake Michigan shore. In High School I swam with a sychronized swimming team until my senior year when we got transfered to a new school and there was no pool. To learn to swim, I used to ride my bike 2 miles to the pool, take a lesson and ride back the 2 miles. This went on every weekday for 2 weeks. I passed the life saving test, hurray. I doubt if I could do that anymore, tho. My husband doesn't swim. I tried to teach him, but he sinks like a rock. Had to give up before I drowned him. :lol:

Theres a lake about 10 miles away from me that I never go swimming in. I took one year of swimming lessones I think, maybe one lesson. Anyways I never really learned how to swim and this past summer I decided it wouldnt be that hard and went into the water. I slowly kept getting deeper and deeper in the water and did manage to swim out to one of those orange things in the water. However on the way back I couldnt hold my breathe any longer and almost drowned until somebody I was with sorta helped me back to the shallow water. Now I hate water and dont want to go swimming ever again! Wonder why? lol

awww, thats no fun slay, gotta get some balls :lol: lmao, me and my family were at the ocean once and my parents were up higher away from the water keeping an eye on me (this was 2 years ago) and my sister and my cousin we were all holding hands and just standing about 10 feet in where the waves come up and touch you up to like the knee's and then go back in, well that damned under-current decided to sweep me an my cousin of our feet and right onto our arses...my sister managed to get away, but me n my cousin were still being draged out..so just for saftey i wraped my arms around the cousin to keep him close to me :lol: next thing you know i see my dad running out into the ocean with all of his clothes on trying to get us back in.....would you go back swimming after that? lol well i did, and i still love the oceanm i hate swimming pools they are too small and limited room when the ocean is HUGE!!!

I can swim but for a long time have not been too fond of swimming. When i was growing up my 2 older sisters were provincial swimmers. We had to travel all over the country for them to compete and as a non competative swimmer I was dragged along for the support factor. :lol: Now I am trying to teach my kids to swim. :blink: I hate the swimming pool

I can swim very well and always have been able to. I went for swimming lessons at a very young age because we have a pool in our yard and my parents did want us to drown in it. so myself and my sister learnt to swim at a very young age but it has paid off .................niether of us has drowned yet LOL but seriously swimming is also very good for fittness. I play alot of squash now so i need to be fit and swimming helps keeps me super fit with out putting to much effort in. i will swim for about 30 minutes every second day which comes to about 20 laps of a 50 meter pool and really keeps you fit like you wont believe !!! And the best part is i enjoy swimming so it is not a chore or boring like exercising normally is !!

I can float and move around by floating and paddling my feet with my arms together, if you call that swimming... I actually took lessons when I was 6, but I was so hydrophobic that I didn't learn anything. Thus, I had to learn swimming during my 7th year which had swimming as a mandatory PE subject. And now... I can float! Yay! <_<

My parents are really big on getting me to be a very strong swimmer (I don't blame them if I am gonna go into the rough surf of the ocean when nothing but a body board, wetsuit and flippers) so yeah, I can swim very well =)

i know how to swim, but it has been a long time since i've been to a pool or the sea. jeez. and to think i'm on vacation, yet i haven't been in contact with a huge mass of water, except for my shower.

I learned to swim since 6 :P - but until until i was the age of 13 i hated swimming, i dont know why. I love watersports and stuff, but i dont like it in general :D

Swimming is probably the best exerciseof them all.fortunately I'm a good swimmer.There were a few times I had to be.I sort ofgot myself in a jam having to swim against strongcurrents. I wouldn't recommend that for anybody.

I can swim and I quite enjoy it, because I don't live near the sea, yearly I try to go to the sea at least for some days, also I like to swim in lakes and rivers, swimming in rivers is quite strange, because I didn't swim in a lot of rivers.. I very like to use canoe or whatever you call them in English, here in my country rivers don't flow so fast as in some mountains in TV, but it's really great..I started to try swimming since ~9 I guess, before that I was afraid to go deeper and was near the coast and never went further than my neck, well when using a swimming wheel or something like that it's a different story.. But firstly I tried swimming like a dog, then a bit differently, maybe even like a frog and son on with time I learnt to swim quite well even though some of my friends swim faster than me, maybe it's because of their body structure or height, I don't know, but for me it's not hard to swim to another coast in a lake, lets say ~300 meters, just I don't like to race..I used to be afraid to jump into the water with my head down, always used to jump with my legs, but once I somehow found some courage and tried and it felt alright, from that time I really like jumping into a water, even with pirouette, but never backwards, it's really I think can be harmful. :D

I learn when I was 5 years old. Its always best to learn things when you are young it helps keep it stuck in your mind until you die :D