xisto Community
FiReStOrM

Who Knows How To Swim Here?

Babies are remarkably adaptive to water. They've been in umbilical fluid for 9 months, and they have the reflex to shut off breathing until they're out of harm. And I believe that they have primitive gills within the womb as well that eventually close up. I remember my brothers were talking about it when one of them got home from med school and the other from regular college. They bought up something about babies and gills but I'm not sure what it was.Anyways, I used to swim a lot when I was younger. I loved being in the water. But nowadays, all the swimsuits suck, and added to that, there's always too many people in the pool. I'd rather have my own little pool, all to myself, than risk a public pool.Also, little kids annoy me. Never get in the pool with a little kid because you have no idea what kinds of dastardly things they'll pull off in the water. Never ever.

Man, floaties rock. You should really get a pair. Dignity doesn't apply to you when you're in a floatie - because you gain coolness points, you see. I used to have a giant dinosaur one before it broke. AND I LOVED IT SO MUCH TOO ;_;

I cant even float lol.It gets in my nose and my ears and I just give up.and when I take my head out the water I have to wrip my face so water wont get in my eyes.I noticed a lot of white people dont have to do that.Youll can even get ya eyes open underwater and it seems that water in your ears dont bother you all.When it gets in my ears I can hear nothing and I dont know why but it annoys me and next thing ya know water is in my nose and I start having a swore throat.I guess blacks like me dont have natural swimming talents :D

ooh. I went swimming club since I was 6. I use to go training an hour about 3 times a week. All the other days I had gymnastics trainning and tae kwondo lessons, lol.I left a year back, but it did me a LOT of good. I got REALLY good at running long distance because of swimming. But since I haven't been going I've dropped two places :P. Anyways every year we have a swimming gala at school and I've come first every year. The first two I did freestyle and the third I did backstroke. My favourite stroke would obviously be breaststroke.. but I'm the fastest at backstroke. Swimming can help people with asthma, so it's a highly recommended sport for those who have breathing problems -_- oh yeah because of swimming my shoulders have been broader and I have extremely large muscles in my legs and thighs.

I can't swim, per se. If I fall into a pool or something, I can get myself out with no difficulties, tread water, whatever, but swimming in a direction at above 1m/s is beyond me. Blame my nerdy lifestyle and failures at swimming when young - just never learned.Ah well. At least if i accidentally find my way into still water i'm okay, but i think that if i got tossed overboard into the sea (on a calm day) i'd be screwed - which sucks, since i live in Mission Beach (google dunk island) and the Great Barrier Reef is a few klicks east.

im a good swimmer glad i had the training when i was younger who new i would had to use it for military stuff, but yeah i prefer exercising then doing it as a sport, but i had to admit watching it at the olympics is actually pretty exciting to see.

I was born and raised within a mile of the Great Lakes in Southern Ontario back when you cold actually swim in them without risking your future gene pool contribution. Used to swim as far as five miles a day. Never took a lesson in my live. Enjoyed it a lot. Then I moved to the Rockiy Mountains where swimming is great (if you are a Polar Bear). The water here is mostly glacier fed rivers and streams. Very cold, so swimming is a special occasion. I do miss the lakes and beachs, but I'm not trading the scenery...

I'm a competitive swimmer. I swim for my local swimming club like 3 times a week. It's definitely my favourite sport which i'm rather experienced at doing.The highest badge I've got is my 2 miles. Can't really be bothered doing any further than that, because it gets extremely boring after a while.I can swim roughly 25m in about 23 seconds, which isn't the fastest in my club, but still it's a fast time.Without the swimming pool, i'd be kind of lost :)

Yea, I can swim too. I like doing it as a recreational activity, but not at the competitive level. I used to take classes as a little kid, then had to do swimming twice in high school as part of the physical education curriculum. Swimming at the beach or at a pool in a resort/hotel is a great way to pass the day by while remaining relaxed the entire time.

I can swim roughly 25m in about 23 seconds, which isn't the fastest in my club, but still it's a fast time.

193653[/snapback]

Heh, that's just like me... I even think I'm a little faster ;)

I have been swimming for a club for around 3 years now, so I'm a good swimmer :)

hey Amezis. That's cool.Yeah, i've been swimming in a club competitively for about the same length. Sometimes the sets get a little bit boring (usually they're okay though), but if I didn't go swimming I would be fat - swimming seems like an easy and enjoyable exercise activity to do :)I prefer swimming underwater though, that's fun!